[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Thing
[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Trouble in Buckyville  (Read 2847 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Trouble in Buckyville
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »
"Gard, when reached late Monday night, was upset that the privacy of those in the room had been violated.

“It’s so disturbing that somebody would take a private family meeting and make it for public consumption,” he said."

LOL...blaming the messenger.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 11:40:06 AM »
Sounds like the players can't stand Gard and won't be returning next year or for any reason in the future.  I'm not sure how that's "doing things the right way".

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 11:45:20 AM »
You really hate to see it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 11:45:51 AM »
Now the boosters are trying to pin this on Alando Tucker. Jesus.

The arrogance of that program and fanbase is amazing, and part of me is glad they might finally crumble.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 11:46:58 AM »
This is perfect, because I was looking for a new signature line.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
"Gard, when reached late Monday night, was upset that the privacy of those in the room had been violated.

“It’s so disturbing that somebody would take a private family meeting and make it for public consumption,” he said."

LOL...blaming the messenger.

Gard is mad that someone recorded his indentured servants saying things that make him look bad.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 11:50:51 AM »
Quote on Buckyville basically confirmed by ETR:
I had heard a rumor that during the season Alando went to the athletic department and told them they should replace Gard with Alando.  This was presented as the reason Alando had to go.  I had sat on it until this thread and this post.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 11:55:34 AM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 12:00:35 PM »
Thoughts and prayers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
I had heard a rumor that during the season Alando went to the athletic department and told them they should replace Gard with Alando.  This was presented as the reason Alando had to go.  I had sat on it until this thread and this post.

I wouldn’t view ETR as an impartial source. He carries the UW company line.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 12:10:02 PM »

Pardon my French but Eric the Red is a f&$!?ing moron.  Everything he says he just made up. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 12:19:57 PM »
Pardon my French but Eric the Red is a f&$!?ing moron.  Everything he says he just made up.

That's an absolute fact.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 12:29:35 PM »
Now the boosters are trying to pin this on Alando Tucker. Jesus.

To be fair, that explanation makes some sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »

I don't actually doubt that this kinda happened, but not in the way that its being portrayed in this quote (i.e., Alando usurping Gard's throne).  I think the players in this meeting (and probably some of the underclassmen, too) had confided in Alando throughout the year about their dissatisfaction, and it was getting to the point that there could be defections, a la Kobe King.  Alando probably went to the AD's office (rather than Gard himself) to let them know what was happening, and that's how this recorded, senior's-only meeting got pulled together. 

But rather than focus on his own shortcomings for too long, Gard looked back in anger at Alando going to the AD and determined that was the issue to address.  Dusts hands; problem solved. 

EDIT:  Also interesting that Alando was named to the AD search committee to find Barry Alvarez's replacement back in early April, but then was not retained (or left) as an assistant just a few weeks later. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 12:46:07 PM by Skip Intro »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 12:47:14 PM »
I once let Buckyville know that Tyler Herro would be decommitting months before he actually did, and got banned basically immediately because everyone there was slobbing on ETR's knob and he was saying that wasn't true at all.  Then after Herro did, indeed, decommit, I stopped back there and made a new username to let them know that ETR was an idiot and got banned for being a "troll."  The guy is an absolute know nothing and the sheep bow to him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 12:48:58 PM »
I once let Buckyville know that Tyler Herro would be decommitting months before he actually did, and got banned basically immediately because everyone there was slobbing on ETR's knob and he was saying that wasn't true at all.  Then after Herro did, indeed, decommit, I stopped back there and made a new username to let them know that ETR was an idiot and got banned for being a "troll."  The guy is an absolute know nothing and the sheep bow to him.

Anyone involved with the local AAU basketball scene knew he was not honoring his commitment months before he announced it.  It was a treat to watch that get spun

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »
Ok, this is one time I’d give a pass to floppy for nut punching if it were Gard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »
Ok, this is one time I’d give a pass to floppy for nut punching if it were Gard.

Not surprisingly, he's the one senior returning for UW.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 01:42:14 PM »

So he's UW's Dodds?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 02:08:00 PM »
So he's UW's Dodds?

That’s an accurate description.
Ludum habemus.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 02:30:47 PM »
Not surprisingly, he's the one senior returning for UW.
He's like Crash Davis hanging around for one more at-bat in order to set the all-time minor league record for home runs.

Except his record is for college flops.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 02:46:30 PM »
At least MU kept the Hauser letter out of the public eye.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 06:24:00 PM »
If we're being honest with ourselves, this could happen to any program... including ours.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2021, 06:24:16 PM »
At least MU kept the Hauser letter out of the public eye.

So, who recorded the conversation? Tucker or one of the players? At least the Hausers gave "The Letter (TM)" directly to Wojo. They could have put it on Instagram or given it to an assistant who then released it.

If we're being honest with ourselves, this could happen to any program... including ours.

Could and will happen to any program. I'll give Gard credit for (reportedly) handling it well. Players would have ended up in body bags if they tried that with Bob Kight.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:39:18 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”