collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 03:19:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 269988 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #2200 on: November 09, 2021, 10:36:54 AM »
If God had only created Eve instead of Adam & Eve, we wouldn't have football and this kind of thing would never be an issue.

good to see you've come around to seeing how the whole "Marsh shouldn't have put himself in a position where the ref could have caused contact so really he's at fault" position you took wasn't exactly your finest.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2201 on: November 09, 2021, 10:38:52 AM »
Outside of the ref stuff, the taunting call was absolutely terrible.

It's fine for 97 guys to run 50 yards down the field and talk crap to a camera.

But don't you dare take 3 steps towards an opponent bench (even if you make zero motions and don't say any words)

There is a clear difference between celebrating and “taunting” a camera, and taunting your opponent.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2202 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:53 AM »
There is a clear difference between celebrating and “taunting” a camera, and taunting your opponent.

If the NFLs goal is to reduce on-field conflict by eliminating emotional interaction, then do it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2203 on: November 09, 2021, 10:44:29 AM »
The most important thing last night was Fields performance. He and the offense started off terribly, but, Fields improved throughout the game, and he was arguably the best player on the field last night (or can share it with Watt). PFF has Fields as it’s highest graded QB for the week, and he passed the eye test as well.

Corrente will be disciplined. The egregious calls (Daniels “low block”, missed late hit on Fields) were his calls to make/not make. The league will have little tolerance for him initiating contact with a player. His postgame comments didn’t do him any favors either.

This game will be remembered for a couple different reasons, but ultimately Fields being really good is of most significance.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2204 on: November 09, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
Superbly written critique of the Aaron Rodgers vaccine situation by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:

https://kareem.substack.com/p/aaron-rodgers-didnt-just-lie?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20211109&instance_id=44940&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=73894&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Yeah, and when the pristine Kareem was sitting out Bucks games back in the 70's due to "migraines," but was really was too "high" to play, that was just fine, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #2205 on: November 09, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
If the NFLs goal is to reduce on-field conflict by eliminating emotional interaction, then do it.

Do turnover celebrations cause on-field conflict?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #2206 on: November 09, 2021, 10:48:30 AM »

Yeah, and when the pristine Kareem was sitting out Bucks games back in the 70's due to "migraines," but was really was too "high" to play, that was just fine, hey?

Right. Because no one can have an opinion because they did something dumb 45 years ago. 🙄

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2207 on: November 09, 2021, 10:52:34 AM »

Every time you post, we all get dumber.

But I guess that's what you people do - make fun of people with medical issues.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2208 on: November 09, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
The most important thing last night was Fields performance. He and the offense started off terribly, but, Fields improved throughout the game, and he was arguably the best player on the field last night (or can share it with Watt). PFF has Fields as it’s highest graded QB for the week, and he passed the eye test as well.

Corrente will be disciplined. The egregious calls (Daniels “low block”, missed late hit on Fields) were his calls to make/not make. The league will have little tolerance for him initiating contact with a player. His postgame comments didn’t do him any favors either.

This game will be remembered for a couple different reasons, but ultimately Fields being really good is of most significance.

The biggest takeaway is Fields off script is better than Fields on script.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2209 on: November 09, 2021, 10:56:36 AM »
The biggest takeaway is Fields off script is better than Fields on script.

Maybe the problem is the script itself. But I'm hardly the first person to think that Nagy might not be the best scriptwriter.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2210 on: November 09, 2021, 10:59:36 AM »

You be you.

It's a very good piece by Kareem.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2211 on: November 09, 2021, 11:03:40 AM »
Maybe the problem is the script itself. But I'm hardly the first person to think that Nagy might not be the best scriptwriter.

Thats what I texted a few people last night.  Fields is amazing on the move and out of the pocket, both with athleticism, vision, and touch on his throws when moving.  But Nagy seemingly has no clue how to script or draw up that movement properly for him.  So it looks like he's only capable when freelancing.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2212 on: November 09, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
I think Fields will be great when someone else is calling the shots that wants to make the offense work for him. I saw a lot of similarities between the Nagy gameplan (for yesterday and the entire season) and LaFleur's on Sunday.

It looked like they were driving a car that was custom-made for someone else (Nick Foles, Aaron Rodgers, etc.). For the Packers, it was perhaps a product of preparation time; for Chicago it's pure quarterback negligence.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2213 on: November 09, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
It looked to me like the ref saw Marsh going one way, tried to start moving out of his way at the same time Marsh changes his course, and then the ref just kind of loses his train of thought, while at the same time reaching for his flag.

He wasn't even flagged for running into the ref, right?  If not, what's the big deal?  That the refs were so blatantly out for the Bears that they were trying to hip check them while they run to the sideline?  I have my doubts on that, but maybe I'm wrong.

The big deal. As Marsh and everyone else talking about this morning has mentioned….isn’t that Marsh was blamed for the contact.

It’s that had Marsh initiated that same contact the player is in deep sh it.

The taunting part is completely separate.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2214 on: November 09, 2021, 12:00:15 PM »
Every time you post, we all get dumber.

But I guess that's what you people do - make fun of people with medical issues.

Y'all are so gullible, hey?
Y'all
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2215 on: November 09, 2021, 12:08:38 PM »
good to see you've come around to seeing how the whole "Marsh shouldn't have put himself in a position where the ref could have caused contact so really he's at fault" position you took wasn't exactly your finest.

Thanks for the life lesson, jficke.  :)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2216 on: November 09, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
I think Fields will be great when someone else is calling the shots that wants to make the offense work for him. I saw a lot of similarities between the Nagy gameplan (for yesterday and the entire season) and LaFleur's on Sunday.

It looked like they were driving a car that was custom-made for someone else (Nick Foles, Aaron Rodgers, etc.). For the Packers, it was perhaps a product of preparation time; for Chicago it's pure quarterback negligence.
Detroit has to be kicking themselves in the heinie for not drafting Fields when they had the chance.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

LON

• All American
« Reply #2217 on: November 09, 2021, 12:23:21 PM »
The Corrente hip check video gets worse every time I see it.

It was slow motion replay, but it almost looks like after he throws the flag he holds his hand up like a follow-through for a long 3 he knows is going in...Marsh taking the steps toward the bench wasn't the smartest, but if that's called on a Packers player I have the same issue with it - I don't feel that should have drawn a flag.  And such an awful time for it to happen as well.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2218 on: November 09, 2021, 12:26:03 PM »
I think Fields was good both "on" and "off" script.

TD throw to Mooney was off script as were a couple throws to Kmet.

But seam throw to Kmet, deep post to Goodwin and Robinson were all within play design.

So...he's just got the potential to be good regardless if the play breaks down or not?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2219 on: November 09, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »

I don't disagree with your overall point, but think you're giving Nagy too much credit.  I don't think he has a custom made offense, for Dalton, for Foles, certainly not for Fields.  Which makes it even worse.  Its not like they came into the year thinking it was all Dalton and they schemed for him.  They were always waffling

I think Fields was good both "on" and "off" script.

TD throw to Mooney was off script as were a couple throws to Kmet.

But seam throw to Kmet, deep post to Goodwin and Robinson were all within play design.

So...he's just got the potential to be good regardless if the play breaks down or not?

Yea, I think the idea of "off script" is just how well he did on the move and out of the pocket.  He certainly has the ability to take advantage of broken down plays or scrambles, but the whole point is he can be effective and comfortable in those ways by design.  If he's better making deep and secondary reads, right now, while on the move or scanning a shifting field/pocket, then scheme for that and not sit him behind a shoddy Oline

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2220 on: November 09, 2021, 12:31:50 PM »
It was slow motion replay, but it almost looks like after he throws the flag he holds his hand up like a follow-through for a long 3 he knows is going in...Marsh taking the steps toward the bench wasn't the smartest, but if that's called on a Packers player I have the same issue with it - I don't feel that should have drawn a flag.  And such an awful time for it to happen as well.

Agreed. That’s why I said taunting should be a fine - not an in-game penalty. Lightening player’s pocketbooks is the easiest and most effective solution.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2221 on: November 09, 2021, 01:08:57 PM »
Detroit has to be kicking themselves in the heinie for not drafting Fields when they had the chance.

Not just Detroit. Plenty of teams.

For example, the Panthers threw all their chips in on Darnold and drafted a CB instead of Fields or Jones. So if Darnold goes on to suck (and he's well on the way to extreme suck-i-tude) and Fields or Jones goes on to excel (obviously, we'll have to see), it will have been a horrible decision by the Panthers. And that's even if Horn (the CB) gets healthy and plays as well as they hope, because QB is that important. If Horn is injury-prone and/or not great, the draft will have been a disaster.

And again, several other teams will have similar tales of woe if Fields or Jones turn out to be stars.

That's the way it always is. I mean, look at all the teams that passed on Marino and Rodgers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2222 on: November 09, 2021, 01:23:59 PM »
Detroit wanted linemen.  They thought Goff would be good enough rather than running out a rookie on what was sure to be a lousy team.   I actually like Sewell
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 03:06:48 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2223 on: November 09, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
OBJ lists the Packers as his preferred destination. Does this turn into Rodgers’ version of Thompson not trading for Moss? Or maybe Andre Rison scenario.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2224 on: November 09, 2021, 03:33:03 PM »
OBJ lists the Packers as his preferred destination. Does this turn into Rodgers’ version of Thompson not trading for Moss? Or maybe Andre Rison scenario.

Grain of salt to that rumor
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.