collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270055 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2021, 10:59:56 AM »
Rodgers/ Adams comparing themselves in tandem to Jordan/ Pippen is so laughable. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
Rodgers/ Adams comparing themselves in tandem to Jordan/ Pippen is so laughable.

Yea. Not really sure Adams’ beef. Granted, this is pretty much where we were with Jones a year before and he signed.

Packers really lucked out with the Bucks run. Kind of interesting to see the difference with Giannis these last few weeks compared with Rodgers. We might have a new favorite player in the state.

Then again the Packers are a religion and once Rodgers starts slinging TDs again much will be forgotten.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2021, 11:35:57 AM »
Wow. Folks have really turned on AR quickly!

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2021, 11:38:14 AM »
 If Packers lose both Rodgers and Adams then Gutey and Murphy both have to go. That is an absolutely devastating loss.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2021, 11:54:35 AM »
Look, Aaron Rodgers is among the best raw talent quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. He has Brett Favre’s body and Bart Starr’s mind. He really is something special.

But, his record is mediocre, at best. Only one Super Bowl win. Compare that to Tom Brady, for whom I have a healthy dislike but acknowledge he is someone special. Brady wins the big ones. Rodgers whines.

I’m not inside Aaron’s head but I suspect this latest temper tantrum goes back to hiring Matt LeFevre as head coach. Rodgers was told there was a new sheriff in town and to tow the line. Aaron didn’t like that, especially when the offense became more balanced. Add an apparent desire to host Jeopardy and a decision to kick a field goal in the NFC Championship and you have a ragingly whiney quarterback who has worn out his welcome in Wisconsin.

Trade him, even up, for DeShone Watson. Send him to the NFL backwater and see how he likes it!

You hate AR so much that you prefer a QB who assaults women? That’s pretty sad.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2021, 11:56:27 AM »
once Rodgers starts slinging TDs again much will be forgotten.

Not for me.  And it really will be remembered once he stinks up another NFC Championship game like he’s become so adept at doing- 83.7 qbr, 9TD, 8INT, 1-4.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2021, 11:56:49 AM »
Look, Aaron Rodgers is among the best raw talent quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. He has Brett Favre’s body and Bart Starr’s mind. He really is something special.

But, his record is mediocre, at best. Only one Super Bowl win. Compare that to Tom Brady, for whom I have a healthy dislike but acknowledge he is someone special. Brady wins the big ones. Rodgers whines.

I’m not inside Aaron’s head but I suspect this latest temper tantrum goes back to hiring Matt LeFevre as head coach. Rodgers was told there was a new sheriff in town and to tow the line. Aaron didn’t like that, especially when the offense became more balanced. Add an apparent desire to host Jeopardy and a decision to kick a field goal in the NFC Championship and you have a ragingly whiney quarterback who has worn out his welcome in Wisconsin.

Trade him, even up, for DeShone Watson. Send him to the NFL backwater and see how he likes it!

I don't think this is accurate at all. AR and MLF are friends. AR has gone out of his way a few times to say he loves his coaches. MLF's offense helped Rodgers improve his level of play.

If he commits to playing this year most fans will welcome him with open arms.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2021, 12:00:24 PM »
Not for me.  And it really will be remembered once he stinks up another NFC Championship game like he’s become so adept at doing- 83.7 qbr, 9TD, 8INT, 1-4.

Rodgers was excellent and outplayed Brady in the 2021 NFC Championship game. He was good against Atlanta in 2016 but the rest of the team was severely outmached. He was mediocre in the other three.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2021, 12:03:04 PM »

Yea if Rodgers doesn’t play, you have to ride with Love or signor trade for a Flacco/FitzMagic type to be a bridge. I don’t know who out there fits the mold at the moment.

Honestly, Love would be walking into the best possible situation from a team makeup this year. Great OL, weapons at RB/WR, good defense. The issue would be fans expect this team to compete for a SB and a holding out Rodgers looming in the background.

Watson may not ever play in the NFL again.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »
If Za’Darius Smith is now seeking an exit out of Green Bay as well, this could be an ugly season for the Pack.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »
If Za’Darius Smith is now seeking an exit out of Green Bay as well, this could be an ugly season for the Pack.

Based on the article I read, Smith should be more angry at his agent than the Packers.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2021, 12:13:33 PM »
Rodgers was excellent and outplayed Brady in the 2021 NFC Championship game. He was good against Atlanta in 2016 but the rest of the team was severely outmached. He was mediocre in the other three.

Brady generally had a poor 2nd half, but as usual provided dagger with the game on the line, while his 3 TD’s by mid third quarter staked Tampa to their big lead.

Rodgers with the game on the line, 0-3 from the Bucs 8.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »

He isn't, put your vuvuzelas away, Chicago.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »

Non story.  He clarified his original tweet.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »

I saw He was quoted on a Tweet   that he is looking for a Real estate agent to help him look for a house   8-)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2021, 03:37:00 PM »
I should clarify, Smith is 100% looking for new paper. I know you guys think it’s a non-story, but his original tweet was by no means an accident.

If he doesn’t get new paper, he’ll be seeking an out, and that’ll certainly be communicated before the end of the season.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2021, 05:28:59 PM »
I’m not inside Aaron’s head but I suspect this latest temper tantrum goes back to hiring Matt LeFevre as head coach. Rodgers was told there was a new sheriff in town and to tow the line. Aaron didn’t like that, especially when the offense became more balanced.
Pretty sure this is completely inaccurate. It's well documented that after LaFleur was hired, he and Rodgers put in a ton of time together completely reworking the offense to Rodgers' desire, tossing out a bunch of stuff and adding to what was working. That includes having a more balanced offense, which Rodgers praised many times.

Whatever the source of his discontent, it isn't LaFleur or the play calling.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2021, 06:22:00 PM »
I should clarify, Smith is 100% looking for new paper. I know you guys think it’s a non-story, but his original tweet was by no means an accident.

If he doesn’t get new paper, he’ll be seeking an out, and that’ll certainly be communicated before the end of the season.

That’s not exactly a surprise, right? The Packers had to do a bunch this off-season to get under the lowered (or lower than expected) and basically set it up to run it back one year with this group. They kicked the van down the road one year. Especially, with having to pay Adam’s and Alexander.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »
Rodgers is a loser.  Next man up
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2021, 06:42:50 PM »
Pretty sure this is completely inaccurate. It's well documented that after LaFleur was hired, he and Rodgers put in a ton of time together completely reworking the offense to Rodgers' desire, tossing out a bunch of stuff and adding to what was working. That includes having a more balanced offense, which Rodgers praised many times.

Whatever the source of his discontent, it isn't LaFleur or the play calling.

Exactly. When LaFleur was hired, I said that If Aaron believed LaFleur was the smartest guy in the room that they would get along fine. And he is the smartest guy.

Aaron clearly believed McCarthy was incapable of running a modern offense. He saw right away that LaFleur is.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2021, 06:46:09 PM »
Rodgers is a loser.  Next man up

Love is next up. He has never been considered ready enough to wear a Packer jersey on game day. By the 3rd game Blake Bortles will be the next man up.

A lot to look forward to.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2021, 07:00:19 PM »

Brother Jockey

It’s not hate, it is business. I want something back where I lose almost nothing. I want a remorseful Watson who can use the tools assembled for Rodgers and get the Packers to the Super Bowl now.

Maybe JLove is the answer for Green Bay. But that won’t be for a couple more years. Send Rodgers to the AFC and we may not ever see him again. Watson has problems, I know, but perhaps he should have a second chance and a chance to redeem himself in a new city.

Yes, I know, free agency et al, and he could be a Detroit Lion. But my best is he ends up with the Chargers or the Vegas Raiders.

It sure as heck is better than Blake Bortels.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #372 on: July 24, 2021, 07:06:35 PM »
Love is next up. He has never been considered ready enough to wear a Packer jersey on game day. By the 3rd game Blake Bortles will be the next man up.

A lot to look forward to.

Bring it on. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »
I think you may be right, and I said it then and still believe it. I think a big unspoken part of this is his new fiancee, who I don't think is excited about being in Green Bay, and has inspired this new Zen-mental health mode in Rodgers.

Don't let him get away with that nonsense narrative.  Whether or not its a PR relationship like his last 2 notable relationships (Ive seen people who just met in line at the supermarket who liked being around each other more than Rodgers and Danica anytime they were in public), during the season it was reported all over that Woodley loved GB and really enjoyed spending time there during the season with Rodgers.  Then all of a sudden, once Rodgers and the FO had their fracture, suddenly Shailene didn't like GB and she's had this profound influence on Rodgers mental state.  Its all just a narrative crafted by his camp like everything else about his off the field persona.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #374 on: July 24, 2021, 08:56:08 PM »
Brother Jockey

It’s not hate, it is business. I want something back where I lose almost nothing. I want a remorseful Watson who can use the tools assembled for Rodgers and get the Packers to the Super Bowl now.

Maybe JLove is the answer for Green Bay. But that won’t be for a couple more years. Send Rodgers to the AFC and we may not ever see him again. Watson has problems, I know, but perhaps he should have a second chance and a chance to redeem himself in a new city.

Yes, I know, free agency et al, and he could be a Detroit Lion. But my best is he ends up with the Chargers or the Vegas Raiders.

It sure as heck is better than Blake Bortels.

I have seen zero remorse from Watson. I have been a Packers fan for life and there would be a big hole if I stopped being a fan cuz the Packers decided to go with an unrepentant se Hal criminal.

Maybe then they could get a rapist to replace a selfish Davante Adams.

feedback