'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 1022 times)

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
I don't understand
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »
Why we didn't press ND more in this game? We were at our best in the final moments on defense playing helter skelter out there. I can accept not using the press on every possession of the game, but why not just try to use it a little more at least to speed ND up. They're not comfortable playing fast al all.  I understand Crean not trying to press a Louisville or UCONN because they can pretty much match our speed/quickness/athleticism in the backcourt. However, ND cannot match us in that department. Crean needs to exploit that weakness much more often if we face ND in the BE tourney.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 01:32:44 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 01:36:30 PM »
Why we didn't press ND more in this game? We were at our best in the final moments on defense playing helter skelter out there. I can accept not using the press on every possession of the game, but why not just try to use it a little more at least to speed ND up. They're not comfortable playing fast al all.  I understand Crean not trying to press a Louisville or UCONN because they can pretty much match our speed/quickness/athleticism in the backcourt. However, ND cannot match us in that department. Crean needs to exploit that weakness much more often if we face ND in the BE tourney.

Was screaming at my television for them to do that all game.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.