[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is it Cat Scratch Fever?  (Read 3375 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Is it Cat Scratch Fever?
« on: April 20, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Noted COVID-denying guitarist get COVID, whines over social media about how sick he feels.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ted-nugent-has-caught-covid-19-after-calling-it-not-a-real-pandemic-2924035

MU82

• All American
Re: Is it Cat Scratch Fever?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:02:41 AM »
I don’t root for anybody to die. But I don’t shed any tears when degenerate d-bags like this feel miserable for a little while.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »
I don’t root for anybody to die. But I don’t shed any tears when degenerate d-bags like this feel miserable for a little while.

One of the more disgusting humans on earth. I would not miss him a bit.

Thoughts and prayers  ;D ;D

If the creep dies, let’s be sure not to count it as a Covid death. Don’t want to over-inflate the death toll.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 09:14:03 AM by Jockey »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »
It's got a Stranglehold on him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 05:18:16 PM »
It's got a Stranglehold on him.
Not to go off topic, but that is quite a good tune.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »
Ass-Hat Fever ... duh duh duh ... Ass-Hat Fever ... duh duh duh

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »
I don't even have thoughts.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 12:20:11 PM »
As a weird Nuge-aside, I recall when his politics were quirky and weird (2005ish), but he just set a trajectory for getting wilder and wilder and never pulled up on the stick, eh?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
As a weird Nuge-aside, I recall when his politics were quirky and weird (2005ish), but he just set a trajectory for getting wilder and wilder and never pulled up on the stick, eh?

I mean, people talk about people getting their brain broken by Trump, I think it happened to him with Obama.  He was always a racist gun nut, but it kind of just was what it was.  But post 2008 he just went insane

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »
I mean, people talk about people getting their brain broken by Trump, I think it happened to him with Obama.  He was always a racist gun nut, but it kind of just was what it was.  But post 2008 he just went insane

Nugent's turn to purely evil public racist began much earlier ... but he really went off the deep end during a 2007 concert:

“Obama, he’s a piece of s---. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless b----.”

He concluded his rant by screaming -- of course -- "Freedom!"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-94687/

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 01:25:12 PM »
Pretty entertaining that our society values the ridiculous opinions of a washed up rock and roller.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
Pretty entertaining that our society values the ridiculous opinions of a washed up rock and roller.

Confirmation bias. People believe it because they want to believe it.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »
You can add a bunch of washed up celebrities to that category.  Or even the unwashed up. 
Ludum habemus.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 01:53:32 PM »
funny how conservative friends always ranted about lefty performers talking politics. I recall watching hundreds walk out of a Roger Waters concert @ Summerfest, but they all loved Nugent talking politics in the news.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 02:00:36 PM »
funny how conservative friends always ranted about lefty performers talking politics. I recall watching hundreds walk out of a Roger Waters concert @ Summerfest, but they all loved Nugent talking politics in the news.

I think the very interesting disconnect is that a lot of people don't listen to or examine the lyrics of their favorite artists or songs.

My favorite is Paul Ryan being a huge fan or RATM... like... uhhhhhh... what did you think you were listening to? 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »

He was never any good to begin with.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
I think the very interesting disconnect is that a lot of people don't listen to or examine the lyrics of their favorite artists or songs.

My favorite is Paul Ryan being a huge fan or RATM... like... uhhhhhh... what did you think you were listening to?

I have always loved how conservatives often use “Born in the USA“ as some sort of national anthem. If only they had a clue what this song really was about…

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »

Or maybe he just loves them cause they f-ing slap. I don’t have to love Tom Morello’s radical political views to think Bulls on Parade is an all time riff or love Audioslave.  There are plenty of hip hop artists over the years that would likely want nothing to do with me cause I’m white dude from a nice suburb, but I still love their music.

Music can be deep but it doesn’t always have to be.  I frankly wish more conservatives would be like that instead of “I won’t listen to their music because of (Insert stupid reason)” even though they otherwise would love it

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
Or maybe he just loves them cause they f-ing slap. I don’t have to love Tom Morello’s radical political views to think Bulls on Parade is an all time riff or love Audioslave.  There are plenty of hip hop artists over the years that would likely want nothing to do with me cause I’m white dude from a nice suburb, but I still love their music.

Music can be deep but it doesn’t always have to be.  I frankly wish more conservatives would be like that instead of “I won’t listen to their music because of (Insert stupid reason)” even though they otherwise would love it

Disagree if a bands point is about politics then the music is for that side. Anecdotal but there's nothing more obnoxious at a concert than going to a Dropkick Murphy's show and hearing them sing pro union songs off their old albums before they got big and people going nuts to the songs then they boo the moment they briefly mention a topic that song is actually about.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 02:46:15 PM »
Being surprised by Roger Waters' politics is an alltimer obliviousness moment.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 03:02:50 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 03:08:26 PM »
Being surprised by Roger Waters' politics is an alltimer obliviousness moment.

Lol - yeah, pretty astonishing that anyone could miss the political tone of his songs. One of my favorite lyrics:

Brezhnev took Afghanistan.
Begin took Beirut.
Galtieri took the Union Jack.
And Maggie, over lunch one day,
Took a cruiser with all hands.
Apparently, to make him give it back

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 04:28:44 PM »

Lol - yeah, pretty astonishing that anyone could miss the political tone of his songs. One of my favorite lyrics:

Brezhnev took Afghanistan.
Begin took Beirut.
Galtieri took the Union Jack.
And Maggie, over lunch one day,
Took a cruiser with all hands.
Apparently, to make him give it back

Conservative Icons... uh... Pink Floyd.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 10:00:32 PM »

My favorite was when Mike Huckabee had Nugent on his holier-than-thou Fox News show, with Huckabee playing the bass while Nugent wailed "Cat Scratch Fever" in front of an elderly audience of god-squadders. Nugent really mugged for the camera during the especially raunchy parts of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDFtJdh0Zs

The same Mike Huckabee railed on Jay Z and Beyonce for promoting a “culture of crude,” describing Beyonce's lyrics as “obnoxious and toxic mental poison.”

Jon Stewart had Huckabee on The Daily Show, and after saying Huckabee was “diminishing Beyonce in a way that’s truly outrageous,” he showed the clip of Huckabee jamming with Nugent, who wailed: “Well, I make the kitten purr with the stroke of my hand. ... They know they gettin’ it from me."

Said Stewart: “That ain’t about bacteria. Do you see my point? You excuse that type of crudeness because you agree with his stance on firearms. You don’t approve of Beyonce because she seems alien to you. Johnny Cash shot a man just to watch him die — that’s some gangsta s---!”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 11:11:30 PM »
A lot of politics here (this board) the past few days.  Tone it down.