[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A Little Help From My Friends  (Read 4269 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: A Little Help From My Friends
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 01:01:37 PM »
Had our Schroeder Hall 4South mini reunion in Milwaukee this weekend and had a blast. 7 guys (and wives) showed up - three from Florida, 1 from Maine, 2 from Chicago, one from central Wisconsin. Great (albeit hot) weather, lots of shared memories. Thanks to all for some good ideas - I incorporated many of them in our “final agenda” which was as follows:

Friday - met at Real Chili for lunch, walk the campus (which included a tour of the Al and the new facility for the golf, lacrosse and soccer teams, a look inside Schroeder at our old floor - couldn’t believe how little it had changed - and the obligatory trip to the Union Building Spirit Shop. Casual Friday night - drinks at the rooftop bar at the Journeyman and dinner at Pizzaman (thanks Lens and others)

Saturday included (among other things) a 2 hour boat ride on the Milwaukee River/Lake Michigan, drinks at Blu and dinner in a private room at the Mason Street Grill.

Sunday breakfast and departure. Again, thanks to all for your help. More laughs/fun than any of us imagined. We’re going to make the event an annual one - I recommend something similar for all alums from every class.

This is great, Lenny. Very happy that you had such a great time. Inspires me to connect with some of the gang from my time, too!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 01:10:31 PM »
Lenny,

Glad you had a great time and you definitely hit some great spots. When are you back up this way?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 01:18:34 PM »
What's Real Chili like at lunch?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 01:26:03 PM »
That's a fantastic itinerary.  Nicely done. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 01:44:25 PM »
What's Real Chili like at lunch?

As their saying goes “It’s not just for breakfast anymore”. Honestly, it’s almost as good sober.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 01:47:22 PM »
Lenny,

Glad you had a great time and you definitely hit some great spots. When are you back up this way?

Goose

I’ll be back in late August or early September. Hoping for a Meet Summit if possible!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 01:49:34 PM »
This is great, Lenny. Very happy that you had such a great time. Inspires me to connect with some of the gang from my time, too!

Thanks, Mike! Go for it on the reconnect - I promise you won’t regret it!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
That's a fantastic itinerary.  Nicely done.

Thanks for your help. Lens - you shared some great ideas!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 02:19:41 PM »
Lenny

We will make MS work when you get back to Chicago/MKE later this summer. Keep us posted and I will make the arrangements. The private room at Mason St could be a good spot for us.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2021, 03:20:38 PM »
Lenny

We will make MS work when you get back to Chicago/MKE later this summer. Keep us posted and I will make the arrangements. The private room at Mason St could be a good spot for us.

It absolutely would. I’ll be in touch when I have exact dates. First Shaka Summit will be a true celebration!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2021, 03:52:09 PM »
Thanks for the update on how the weekend went, sounds awesome!
I was class of 1975, so we had the 45 +1 virtual thing last week. It was nice to see the small group from all over but in person would have so much more satisfying.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2021, 05:08:41 PM »
Thanks for the update on how the weekend went, sounds awesome!
I was class of 1975, so we had the 45 +1 virtual thing last week. It was nice to see the small group from all over but in person would have so much more satisfying.

Warrior

Hope you’re able to put an “in person” event together- you’ll love it!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2021, 07:30:52 PM »
Lenny, out of curiosity when was the last time you were on campus before this trip?

Sounds like it was a blast
Bring back FFP!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
Lenny, out of curiosity when was the last time you were on campus before this trip?

Sounds like it was a blast

Swoop

Actually I was on campus less than 2 years ago. I lived in The north suburbs of Chicago until 2017 and had season tickets through 2015. For some of the guys, though, it had been more than 30 years. They were amazed to say the least.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2021, 03:59:06 PM »
Currently on my way back from a mini-Marquette Reunion at one of my buddy’s places in Grand Haven, MI.

I was Class of 90 so our reunion was cancelled last year and rescheduled until this summer. When Marquette decided to cancel this year a few friends decided to take matters into their own hands.

There were 8 of us. I flew in from Connecticut, one flew in from Jacksonville and another from Omaha. The rest are Chicagoland guys.

Played 18 holes at American Dunes on Friday (which was absolutely spectacular) and spent the next few days bending elbows, telling “remember when” stories and answering “whatever happened to” inquiries.

I generally feel like crap, though my side still hurts from laughing. Likely won’t feel physically back to normal until at least Wednesday but it was worth every second and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Cherish the memories, everyone. Time is short.  If you have friends and or classmates from your time in Thrillwaukee make the effort to reconnect. I guarantee you won’t regret it any you’ll all be better off for it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2021, 07:37:30 PM »
Currently on my way back from a mini-Marquette Reunion at one of my buddy’s places in Grand Haven, MI.

I was Class of 90 so our reunion was cancelled last year and rescheduled until this summer. When Marquette decided to cancel this year a few friends decided to take matters into their own hands.

There were 8 of us. I flew in from Connecticut, one flew in from Jacksonville and another from Omaha. The rest are Chicagoland guys.

Played 18 holes at American Dunes on Friday (which was absolutely spectacular) and spent the next few days bending elbows, telling “remember when” stories and answering “whatever happened to” inquiries.

I generally feel like crap, though my side still hurts from laughing. Likely won’t feel physically back to normal until at least Wednesday but it was worth every second and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Cherish the memories, everyone. Time is short.  If you have friends and or classmates from your time in Thrillwaukee make the effort to reconnect. I guarantee you won’t regret it any you’ll all be better off for it.

Amen, Jables - my experience (minus the golf) was very similar. I echo your sentiments - reconnect Scoopers, you’ll be glad you did!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2021, 09:03:34 PM »
Amen, Jables - my experience (minus the golf) was very similar. I echo your sentiments - reconnect Scoopers, you’ll be glad you did!

Why "reconnect"?  Stay connected Scoopers, always Warriors!

feedback