Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU  (Read 23999 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2021, 01:00:45 PM »
You'd think with all the turbulence going on Garcia would be on campus and in the gym to protect his roster spot. If he doesn't watch it Shaka will replace him in hours.

It is strange that he is the one guy not at practices. Wonder how that will affect team dynamics if he does return.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »
It is strange that he is the one guy not at practices. Wonder how that will affect team dynamics if he does return.

It won't affect it all. He's going through the NBA Draft process, taking time away from practice is an expected part of the process. All our past players who went through the draft process did the same thing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2021, 01:08:36 PM »
It won't affect it all. He's going through the NBA Draft process, taking time away from practice is an expected part of the process. All our past players who went through the draft process did the same thing.

I'm a skeptic that being off campus this time is "the same thing".  But we'll know soon enough.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2021, 01:12:03 PM »
I'm a skeptic that being off campus this time is "the same thing".  But we'll know soon enough.

Players don't prep for the draft on campus.
TAMU

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2021, 01:14:17 PM »
Players don't prep for the draft on campus.

And that's not what I said.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2021, 01:17:10 PM »
O- Max has a very broad set of basketball skills, very good IQ and comes in an incredible basketball package , long and strong.   When he comes to MU he will get more playing time and have the potential to blossom into a very productive player.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2021, 01:21:07 PM »
I'm guessing Garcia isn't even .0001% concerned about his spot on the team.

Highly doubtful that Shaka would cut a burger boy who averaged 13-7 as a P6 freshman. DG probably already has a long line of suitors who have touched base with his "people."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
warrior69

I have no idea if Garcia come back or not. If Shaka wants him back, I hope he does come back.

It seems that Shaka wants players that are athletic, quick and tough. I'm not even sure he was our best player (Carton?) on last years team. If Garcia wants to comeback I'm sure Shaka will have a place for him, but IMO Garcia is not athletic, quick and was rather soft under the basket. I wonder how Shaka would play him. The fact that he is not practicing with the team has me wondering is he a team player.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »
Any kid that goes by O-max is already a personal favorite of mine.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2021, 01:24:54 PM »

Highly doubtful that Shaka would cut a burger boy who averaged 13-7 as a P6 freshman. DG probably already has a long line of suitors who have touched base with his "people."

Since Shaka tried recruiting him to Texas, it’s laughable people think he wouldn’t fit in “Shaka’s system”.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »
It seems that Shaka wants players that are athletic, quick and tough. I'm not even sure he was our best player (Carton?) on last years team. If Garcia wants to comeback I'm sure Shaka will have a place for him, but IMO Garcia is not athletic, quick and was rather soft under the basket. I wonder how Shaka would play him. The fact that he is not practicing with the team has me wondering is he a team player.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2021, 01:30:11 PM »

Really, even if the burger boy doesn't show up for practices?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »
Since Shaka tried recruiting him to Texas, it’s laughable people think he wouldn’t fit in “Shaka’s system”.

A lot of people seem to think "Shaka's system" is what his teams looked like at VCU.
In the meantime, this guy started 70 games for Shaka between 2017 and 2019.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »

Yes. Even if he is getting evaluated by NBA scouts and getting constructive feedback about his weaknesses. I imagine that Shaka even talks to him during this time.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2021, 01:35:04 PM »
Welcome, Olivier-Maxence!
Your transfer is such stuff as dreams are made on.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2021, 01:35:14 PM »
Yes. Even if he is getting evaluated by NBA scouts and getting constructive feedback about his weaknesses. I imagine that Shaka even talks to him during this time.

He can't do both? Shaka is not good enough to talk to in person?

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »

Lol come on

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2021, 01:38:27 PM »

I would imagine that the part about wanting to be healthy for the draft combine would be his number one priority. That usually means not engaging in the team practice stuff.

This is a strange hill to die on.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2021, 01:40:22 PM »
You really have no idea of how it works with NBA......
Goal is National Championship

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2021, 01:40:56 PM »

You really are embarrassing yourself with your comments.  If you don't understand how something works regarding what Garcia is doing, maybe just don't comment.  You have absolutely no idea what is going on with Shaka and Garcia or what conversations they have had. To say you think he isn't a team player, with no basis for that comment is pretty comical.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2021, 01:49:14 PM »
I would imagine that the part about wanting to be healthy for the draft combine would be his number one priority. That usually means not engaging in the team practice stuff.

This is a strange hill to die on.

He can't be healthy on campus? Whose dying. Shaka will have a great team with or without the burger boy.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2021, 01:58:30 PM »
He can't be healthy on campus? Whose dying. Shaka will have a great team with or without the burger boy.

You're a special kind of dense.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2021, 02:00:22 PM »

Just bizarre. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2021, 02:11:00 PM »

69, all across the country, players are declaring for the draft. All of them are not currently practicing with their teams and I would assume most are not on campus. They are all still students and taking classes. Schools can make adjustments to allow some flexibility for this to happen. Dawson is doing exactly what he should be doing right now.
TAMU

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2021, 02:13:27 PM »
Assuming Dawson is back, Shaka will have a really good core to work with (albeit a young one). DJ, Dawson, and Justin are a good foundation to build around for a "win now" situation.

Kolek and Greg could provide immediate offensive spark from downtown, which fits the system Shaka seems to like to run (assuming Nevada's offense is run here). Both have success there and quick releases.

Combined with Stevie, with DJ and Kolek it's nice to see that we have a lot of ball handlers at any given time, letting one run off ball at any given time.

Not really a "true center" situation anymore though. A little nervous about how we operate if we run out our taller guys. Oso and Keeyan are going to have to adjust quickly, but are both pogo sticks that will have to get blocks, o-rebounds for second chance points and shine on man defense to be contributors. I don't expect a ton of offense out of here at the start, but could develop as they gain confidence and experience. Oso definitely showed a nice midrange game in HS.

There's a lot of youth here. It's on Shaka to coach them up. As stated by a lot here--I'll be happy to see marked improvement as the season goes on. But still hoping for a tourney berth in year one.

If they're "pogo sticks" then why do they need to be the height of a "true center" to block shots and get rebounds?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

feedback