[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU  (Read 24220 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 08:54:47 AM »
O-MP?   OMG!   The Shaka and awe continue.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 08:55:23 AM »
I don't know anything, but I would be extremely surprised to see Jose Perez on the team next year.  I just don't think he fits what Shaka wants to do.

Agree. Shaka seems to have gotten the players to agree to keeping quiet about what is going on , so my guess is that he already had a friendly little chat with Perez and probably Akanno and the team already knows. I'd like to see Greg stay but with the rapid fire signings, its anybody's guess as to what's next.

It also seems as if Bates would already be on board if he was coming. I cannot see what he gains by waiting.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 08:56:33 AM »
Good luck with the scholarship table, Glow.

Glow's gonna need to invest in some quantum computing technology to keep up with Shaka.

Welcome to Marquette, Olivier!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:04 AM »
So it looks like Shaka prioritizes forwards that are 6’8 to 6’10 and super athletic. I’m here for that.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:12 AM »

Glow's gonna need to invest in some quantum computing technology to keep up with Shaka.

Welcome to Marquette, Olivier!

How are Glow’s PowerPoint skills?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »
And to think I was just wondering what there was to talk about now that the scholarships were all filled. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:50 AM »
Can we gauge the overall speed and quickness of the 7 newbies?  They all have size. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:53 AM »
O-Max is a fantastic nickname.

Shaka definitely has a type, a system, and a plan. That's a lot of guys with rankings between 75 and 120.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Killer Tofu

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 09:00:21 AM »
With all the new signings I hope Greg doesn't get told to seek opportunities elsewhere. He's a senior close to getting a college degree. They are all "student athletes" after all.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 09:02:25 AM »
Kam Jones is still up in the air, isn't he?  I'd be surprised if both he and Stevie Mitchell arrive this summer.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 09:03:06 AM »
Agree. Shaka seems to have gotten the players to agree to keeping quiet about what is going on , so my guess is that he already had a friendly little chat with Perez and probably Akanno and the team already knows. I'd like to see Greg stay but with the rapid fire signings, its anybody's guess as to what's next.

It also seems as if Bates would already be on board if he was coming. I cannot see what he gains by waiting.

Its going to be interesting to see what Shaka's plan is. The classes are getting super imbalanced. This would make 2, 1, 6, and 5. If the departure is Greg or Perez that would be 1, 1, 6, 5. Maybe he is planning for a lot of turnover given the no sit out rule that was approved moving forward?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 09:03:16 AM »
If Garcia comes back, right now we are one over on scholarships right?   Hmmm  there are no quiet days anymore!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2021, 09:03:21 AM »
Kam Jones is still up in the air, isn't he?  I'd be surprised if both he and Stevie Mitchell arrive this summer.

I thought both of them are coming?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 09:06:00 AM »
With all the new signings I hope Greg doesn't get told to seek opportunities elsewhere. He's a senior close to getting a college degree. They are all "student athletes" after all.

I hope so too. Shaka does not impress me as a guy who would cut a guy so close to graduation but if he really needs the roster space, my guess is that some sort of arrangement could be made for a conventional scholarship by Marquette. Greg has proven value. Perez and Akanno- not so much.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »
Finally got another French Canadien!  Perez and Akanno, under the circumstances, will need to find another school for next year.  Hopefully they keep Greg based on his maturity and leadership.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 09:07:18 AM »

Kam is definitely still coming as far as I know (no inside info).  He reaffirmed his commitment and has been re-tweeting the news about all the new additions. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2021, 09:07:57 AM »

I believe Elliottt redshirted a year, so he probably received or is close to degree. 

Prosper averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds a game at Clemson last year as a freshman, so maybe Smart sees potential or something. 

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 09:08:16 AM »

Considering they both congratulated every recruit that committed to MU yesterday on IG I would say yes they are both coming

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »
I believe Elliottt redshirted a year, so he probably received or is close to degree. 

Prosper averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds a game at Clemson last year as a freshman, so maybe Smart sees potential or something.

Prosper was a top 100 recruit in HS a year ago.  Not every freshman sets the world on fire

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2021, 09:11:48 AM »

top 100 guy last year and was part of the NBA Academy camp in Mexico. He's from montreal

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
I hope so too. Shaka does not impress me as a guy who would cut a guy so close to graduation but if he really needs the roster space, my guess is that some sort of arrangement could be made for a conventional scholarship by Marquette. Greg has proven value. Perez and Akanno- not so much.

I'd be very curious to learn how that would work under NCAA regulations. I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't. Hell, if such an arrangement is possible, we should do several each year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 09:15:13 AM »
I'd be very curious to learn how that would work under NCAA regulations. I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't. Hell, if such an arrangement is possible, we should do several each year.

I believe what is trying to be said is he wouldn't be part of the basketball team anymore, like what happened with Ike.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2021, 09:15:39 AM »

Clemson had three 6’8-6’10 upper classmen last season. Junior and two Seniors. Looks like a really nice pickup.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 09:18:12 AM »
Clemson had three 6’8-6’10 upper classmen last season. Junior and two Seniors. Looks like a really nice pickup.

Yep. O-Max's stats as a Clemson freshman were meh, but I trust Shaka's ability to judge potential and to recruit to his system.

Athletic 6-8 wings who were sought by numerous P6 teams, including Baylor, have a lot of appeal.

Interesting travels in recent years: From Canada, played HS ball in both Mexico and Illinois.

Live long and Prosper, O-Max!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
Its going to be interesting to see what Shaka's plan is. The classes are getting super imbalanced. This would make 2, 1, 6, and 5. If the departure is Greg or Perez that would be 1, 1, 6, 5. Maybe he is planning for a lot of turnover given the no sit out rule that was approved moving forward?

Consider too that each returning player or transfer gets a free COVID year when we are looking at balance. For example, DJ is a sophomore this year and next, eligibility-wise. Heck, Greg can play two more years if I got everything right.

feedback