Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gotta believe this means DJ is sticking around . . .  (Read 8634 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Gotta believe this means DJ is sticking around . . .
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
Wojo had a knack for using almost every player on the roster incorrectly / inconsistently. Let’s just see what happens next year. I’m not guaranteeing Perez turns into an All conference next year, but dramatic improvements from everyone would not be surprising.

I think Carton will benefit most, for the record. If he stays - I predict he makes an All Big East team.
My guess is other than the big 3, other players very well not be playing here.
So we may never know your theory of improving by not being around Wojo.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

Go ahead and do your famous “Bitcher” line, Jables. We’re all waiting for it - it’s a real knee slapper!

There’s a reason why it caught on.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 10:03:30 PM »
Maybe you misunderstood what I was trying to say.  When Buzz left, he took almost all of his new recruits to his new job.  Wojo doesn't have a new job.  Therefore,  as of this moment, following Wojo to his new school is not an option.

Well, there's a new assistant position open for Duke...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2021, 12:23:36 AM »
Carton was the one player I really wanted back next year, with Garcia being number two, obviously.  If Carton can clean up his turnovers and ball handling (a *big* if) he could explode next year.  If he can figure out how to be the guy who slams monstrous dunks down for 35 minutes a game instead of only doing that for a few minutes out of nowhere, he could be one of the most dynamic guards in the country.  We'll see.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 12:40:44 AM »
Carton was the one player I really wanted back next year, with Garcia being number two, obviously.  If Carton can clean up his turnovers and ball handling (a *big* if) he could explode next year.  If he can figure out how to be the guy who slams monstrous dunks down for 35 minutes a game instead of only doing that for a few minutes out of nowhere, he could be one of the most dynamic guards in the country.  We'll see.

Its gonna help not having an offense where he has to dribble the ball for 80% of possessions.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2021, 02:47:36 AM »
Its gonna help not having an offense where he has to dribble the ball for 80% of possessions.

If I never again see another 3-man weave/handoff 35 ft from the basket with 10 seconds on the shot ....
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

feedback