Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Big East Is Now A "Majority-Minority" Conference?  (Read 17680 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Will The Big East Be A "Majority-Minority" Conference?
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »
Let me sum up this thread:

Old white dudes don't understand what diversity means.  Other poster's attempt to explain.

Skulls on the old white dudes are too thick to figure it out.

Let me help.

You want a merit based society.  So do the woke folk.  But do you see how that is impossible when White people start on third base?  Your life experiences as a white person come with privilege based on nothing more than the color of your skin.  You don't have to worry about society looking down on your because you are white.  You are in the majority, so you get to set the culture and its rules.  Of course, there are white people who are poor who also have it bad.  But all other things being equal, a POC will always have a steeper hill to climb to be successful than a white person.

There are hundreds of studies that back this information up.  If you choose to ignore it, you are a fragile person.  You can't come to terms with the privilege you have every day of your life for simply having less melanin in your skin.  So just accept it.  No one is asking you to apologize for your whiteness and the special societal privileges it grants.  Just acknowledge that the society we have created directly favors White people.  If you need some examples or help understanding this, or just want to have an open discussion about this, my private messages are open any time.

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2021, 12:49:35 PM »
Let me sum up this thread:

Old white dudes don't understand what diversity means.  Other poster's attempt to explain.

Skulls on the old white dudes are too thick to figure it out.

Let me help.

You want a merit based society.  So do the woke folk.  But do you see how that is impossible when White people start on third base?  Your life experiences as a white person come with privilege based on nothing more than the color of your skin.  You don't have to worry about society looking down on your because you are white.  You are in the majority, so you get to set the culture and its rules.  Of course, there are white people who are poor who also have it bad.  But all other things being equal, a POC will always have a steeper hill to climb to be successful than a white person.

There are hundreds of studies that back this information up.  If you choose to ignore it, you are a fragile person.  You can't come to terms with the privilege you have every day of your life for simply having less melanin in your skin.  So just accept it.  No one is asking you to apologize for your whiteness and the special societal privileges it grants.  Just acknowledge that the society we have created directly favors White people.  If you need some examples or help understanding this, or just want to have an open discussion about this, my private messages are open any time.

Actually this is the most ignorant comment I’ve seen. White-splaining at its finest. As a white male it is impossible for you to have an objective view of another race of people’s experience.

Stop. Appropriating. The. Black. Experience.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2021, 01:11:05 PM »
Actually this is the most ignorant comment I’ve seen. White-splaining at its finest. As a white male it is impossible for you to have an objective view of another race of people’s experience.

Where did I say Black once?  And in which way was I appropriating anything?  If you can do a better job of explaining white privilege please, be my guest.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2021, 01:20:33 PM »
Yes, as it should be. It's not the only consideration. It's not even close to the most important consideration. But it is one consideration of many.

So if it's not the only consideration. It's not even close to the most important consideration. But it is one consideration of many. Is it not still a consideration to decide, to set apart, who gets hired or not. I thought hiring someone based on race being a deciding factor regardless of how small or large among many factors is still discriminating on the basis of race.

Under the laws enforced by EEOC, it is illegal to discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person's race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

None of the above should be taken into consideration when hiring someone.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:23:26 PM by muwarrior69 »

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »
Under the laws enforced by EEOC, it is illegal to discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person's race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

Notice your language here.  You can't discriminate against someone.  You can take race into consideration.  It's not like Porter Moser or Craig Smith didn't get the job because they were white.  Nobody discriminated against Shaka because he's Black...he got the job!

Now if there was some sort of transcript of Scholl and Lovell talking about "let's not hire any crackers" then this would be a different story.  But that's not how this goes.

Same with Georgetown, which you keep bringing up.  It's not like the Thompsons were going around ruling out white players just because they were white.  They (two proud Black men) just created a culture where Black players wanted to play (in a very Black city).

And that's to say nothing for what Black coaches can bring that white coaches might not.  I said this in another thread, but just by being Black they are likely better able to connect with Black student athletes and their families (and let's face it, most high level basketball recruits are Black) and with the largely Black community in Milwaukee.  It's the same reason why urban schools should be trying to recruit and retain Black teachers. 

Edit: Lemme add this link. httpss://www.eeoc.gov/racecolor-discrimination You'll notice it only says you cannot treat someone "unfavorably" based on race.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:48:49 PM by SaveOD238 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2021, 01:46:10 PM »
Blue, black, green, white, or red, ...if you're speeding, you're speeding, if you're shoplifting, you're shoplifting. If you find the cure for aids, you found the cure. If you are a war hero, you are a war hero. Trash is trash and merit is merit. End of story, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2021, 01:49:29 PM »

That's a pretty harsh comment toward someone who is at least trying to understand. Would you rather all white people just give up trying and retreat to muwarrior69's point of view?

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2021, 01:50:33 PM »
Blue, black, green, white, or red, ...if you're speeding, you're speeding, if you're shoplifting, you're shoplifting. If you find the cure for aids, you found the cure. If you are a war hero, you are a war hero. Trash is trash and merit is merit. End of story, aina?

This SHOULD be the end of the story.  This is what we all want.  But it isn't reality.

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2021, 01:55:28 PM »
Where did I say Black once?  And in which way was I appropriating anything?  If you can do a better job of explaining white privilege please, be my guest.
Your white fragility is showing. Sit down.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2021, 01:57:39 PM »
Your white fragility is showing. Sit down.

Got it, you're not a serious person.

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2021, 01:59:58 PM »
Got it, you're not a serious person.
excuse me?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »
excuse me?

We're not talking, you can just reread what I typed.

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
We're not talking, you can just reread what I typed.
Gladly. Yes if anyone who doesn’t see the world through your experience must not be a serious person. Check your privilege.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
Gladly. Yes if anyone who doesn’t see the world through your experience must not be a serious person. Check your privilege.

I asked you direct honest questions.  You evaded them.

So I said you're not a serious person because you're clearly not.

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2021, 02:12:10 PM »
I asked you direct honest questions.  You evaded them.

So I said you're not a serious person because you're clearly not.
blocked

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2021, 02:17:47 PM »
Scoop should just start a dedicated virtue signaling board where those that so choose can try their best to speak into existence how great they are while they huff their own farts and bask in their own spectacular awesomeness. Then the basketball board could focus on basketball.  Everybody wins.

Hards Alumni

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2021, 02:24:01 PM »
Scoop should just start a dedicated virtue signaling board where those that so choose can try their best to speak into existence how great they are while they huff their own farts and bask in their own spectacular awesomeness. Then the basketball board could focus on basketball.  Everybody wins.

Sorry what?  Probably should review the thread to see how we got here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »

I'd love to see how many sock accounts some people have.  I think we could have a fascinating discussion about human behavior and the internet.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2021, 02:28:39 PM »
Please keep this tread going. I’ve almost filled my virtue signaling bingo card.

My wife just loves it when white people point out her minority status when she’s interviewed, hired, or promoted.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2021, 02:34:56 PM »
So if it's not the only consideration. It's not even close to the most important consideration. But it is one consideration of many. Is it not still a consideration to decide, to set apart, who gets hired or not. I thought hiring someone based on race being a deciding factor regardless of how small or large among many factors is still discriminating on the basis of race.

None of the above should be taken into consideration when hiring someone.

69, I work in Title VII Compliance. I'm very well aware of the law. As SaveOD pointed out, you can't discriminate against people. The EEOC Compliance manual is very clear that identity-conscious employment efforts are not forbidden. There's a reason why the NFL has never gotten in trouble for the Rooney rule.

But by all means, file a claim with the EEOC. I work with them regularly, they will laugh you out of the room.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
Can you honestly say Georgetown's Basketball program values diversity? If any other Big East Program recruited as many blacks as Georgetown has recruited white players over the last 30 years no one would consider that program diverse. I am the sole (so far) strong man here with a contrarian point of view pointing out the obvious.
You used to loudly bemoan that there wasn't a White Miss America Pageant, didn't you?

"Strong man", LOL.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:06:55 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »
Is Frontier the cousin to Hoopaloop and WarriorDad?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2021, 03:04:55 PM »
Bravo to Smuggles for starting a thread that he knew would operate as a major triggering device.

Well done, sir.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback