[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:02:22 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 08, 2024, 07:42:23 PM]

Incoming freshmen by MuMark
[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Has anyone heard anything about upcoming interviews?  (Read 33229 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
Has anyone heard anything about upcoming interviews?
« on: March 23, 2021, 08:18:04 AM »
Is there any information on upcoming interviews with potential candidates? Of all the names being discussed, everyone but Porter Moser is available to talk to Scholl.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

tower912

• All American
Re: Has anyone heard anything about upcoming interviews?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 08:26:36 AM »
Scholl is taking a couple of weeks off to meditate and get his Shak-ras in line.  He Mosied off to a corporate retreat because time no Matta.  When recharged, he will charge through the Gates and make a Beilein to his office and get on the phone.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:39:10 AM »
Scholl is taking a couple of weeks off to meditate and get his Shak-ras in line.  He Mosied off to a corporate retreat because time no Matta.  When recharged, he will charge through the Gates and make a Beilein to his office and get on the phone.

This is impressive.  I Wardle'nt be able to word-Smith like that.

SonOfWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:01:43 AM »

This guy must be McGuired into the ADs office.  Buzzing off for now.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 09:02:27 AM »
This guy must be McGuired into the ADs office.  Buzzing off for now.
Reading this gives me a Pitino my stomach.

DefinitelyNotPorterMoser

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 09:03:56 AM »
Any time you are comparing people for a position, the Crean always rises to the top.

burger

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 09:10:31 AM »
If they do this right.....

You will hear nothing about interviews.....

You may get a "trial" ballon release.....Probably through Dodds site.....To gauge the alum.....

One of the web guys under Dodds right now is really pumping the "Gates/Shaka" stuff....Of course he is the "young".....Got to have the latest "in thing kid"......

I personally want the Mark Few......Jay Wright ....final destination.....culture.....stay for 15 years guy......And there is only one of those out there.....We shall see.....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 09:12:06 AM by burger »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »

You may get a "trial" ballon release.....Probably through Dodds site.....To gauge the alum.....

One of the web guys under Dodds right now is really pumping the "Gates/Shaka" stuff....Of course he is the "young".....Got to have the latest "in thing kid"......

I personally want the Mark Few......Jay Wright .....guy......And there is only one of those out there.....We shall see.....
This guy is Dodds, right?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 09:16:06 AM »
This guy is Dodds, right?

He's Dodd's editor.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 09:19:57 AM »
On the advise of my agent I cannot comment if I was interviewed or not.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 09:34:32 AM »
Dodds’s

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 10:12:15 AM »
Marquette University's basketball program represents a truly outstanding opportunity, however, I am very happy where I am and am anxious to continue building upon the great base that we have established here at Scoop.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PhillyWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 10:24:52 AM »

I personally want the Mark Few......Jay Wright ....final destination.....culture.....stay for 15 years guy......And there is only one of those out there.....We shall see.....

You're relying on Dodds, the guy who SO sure Wojo was going to remain at MU up to 24 hours before Wojo was FIRED?  LOL LOL LOL

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »
A source I trust says MU has already been in contact with the agents of Gates and Moser.  He says Gates is our top candidate.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 10:34:06 AM »
A source I trust says MU has already been in contact with the agents of Gates and Moser.  He says Gates is our top candidate.

Appreciate the info!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 10:39:00 AM »

Interesting. That makes for a complex scenario. I’m sure they’ll want to interview Moser before they make any decisions, which could have to wait until next week.

I don’t know if Moser would do an interview while prepping for a Sweet Sixteen game. I think it’s common in college football or the NFL, but that’s more assistants interviewing.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 10:45:12 AM »
Interesting. That makes for a complex scenario. I’m sure they’ll want to interview Moser before they make any decisions, which could have to wait until next week.

I don’t know if Moser would do an interview while prepping for a Sweet Sixteen game. I think it’s common in college football or the NFL, but that’s more assistants interviewing.

If it's Gates they are targeting, and Moser's team has told MU to wait, they'll wait.  If Moser's team has told MU it's not happening, Gates will be named before the end of this week. #InGatesWeTrust
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »
If it's Gates they are targeting, and Moser's team has told MU to wait, they'll wait.  If Moser's team has told MU it's not happening, Gates will be named before the end of this week. #InGatesWeTrust

Totally agree. My scenario is predicated on Moser being interested. Which Goodman says he is, but who knows.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 10:49:33 AM »

Great to hear I would be very happy with either

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 10:51:06 AM »

Assistants are one thing. Head coach, no way.

Now, Moser could tell his agent to tell MU he is interested in the position and willing to discuss further once the season is over. But, that's it. No formal interview.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »
Dodds’s

Dodds' is correct as well.

For names that end in an s or z sound, though, you can either add -'s or just an apostrophe. Going with -'s is the more common choice:

the car that belongs to Jones → Jones's car or Jones' car

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-happens-to-names-when-we-make-them-plural-or-possessive

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »

Not necessarily, if Gates is the first choice. Sometimes you have to move with pace to secure your preferred candidate. It isn't as though other schools aren't also interested in Gates. The longer you wait for someone else, the more you risk not landing Gates if he is the top choice. Waiting for Moser would indicate either Gates wouldn't be their top choice or, that he isn't by enough to get it done sooner.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:55:48 AM by shoothoops »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
Not necessarily, if Gates is the first choice. Sometimes you have to move with pace to secure your preferred candidate. It isn't as though other schools aren't also interested in Gates. The longer you wait for someone else, the more you risk not landing Gates if he is the top choice. Waiting for Moser would indicate either Gates wouldn't be their top choice or, that he isn't by enough to get it done sooner.

Maybe if he adds another final four they'll move him to top choice?
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback