'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam and Joey Hauser Eliminated in First Round  (Read 15865 times)

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
Re: Sam and Joey Hauser Eliminated in First Round
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2021, 12:12:13 AM »
Sam missed some major shots down the stretch tonight which I fondly recall him making for  us in more than a few close games.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2021, 12:18:26 AM »
hell yeah!
I love it. I’m all for everyone not taking a stand against anything anywhere at anytime and if they do ...I’m cool with that if you are.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2021, 12:23:50 AM »
I feel like there are two camps here
1.  They left MU and were amazing.  It was all Wojo’s fault and were God’s gift to basketball. They left MU, kind of sucked elsewhere but we should take them back.
2.  They sucked at MU and continue to suck. No matter what they did at MU they sucked for leaving. Prior to leaving they didn’t suck so I wish them the worst.

To me the Hausers represent Wojo’s recruiting flaws. They aren’t good enough to make the difference on a good team but not bad enough that you wouldn’t want them.

3. They were good while they were at Marquette, but showed a great deal of immaturity by leaving because they had to defer to a better player.

I’m sure others can come up with their own variations that fall somewhere between your options 1 and 2.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2021, 05:37:13 AM »
I don’t like Virginia or Michigan State so them losing is fine by me.

I wish Sam would have finished his career at Marquette.  Could have been an all-timer had he done so.  He didn’t.  He played quite well this year at Virginia. They’ll always be ripe for upsets because of the style they play. 

Joey’s season at Michigan State wasn’t good at all and he regressed mightily.  He has a lot of soul-searching to do if he wants to match his brothers career.

Why is there joy in them losing from some?  Probably because when they did do well, a lot of posters liked to puff their chests out and tell everyone how much Marquette needed them as if that was debatable.  No one wanted to see them leave.  They did and we naturally watched them from afar.  Some took joy in their success as a way to stick it to Wojo and Marquette.  Some took joy in them losing to stick it to those people.  It’s a sick, sick world
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2021, 05:48:20 AM »
Still can't get over Sam quitting since he and Markus were close friends until Joey broke them up. Now Sam will always be thought of as a quitter.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2021, 06:10:35 AM »
Most of the things MU was terrible at this season, are also weaknesses for both of these players.

Would they have gotten more turnovers? Would they have been more explosive? Would they have been better at distributing/dribbling & general guard play? Would the team have turned the ball over less?

The bench would've been better.

Trying to be objective & not just butthurt, but I don't see a much different outcome. And who knows if they would have changed the team dynamics given the struggles; one thing that was quite clear was that this team stuck together & didn't seem to point fingers. What would Joey's response be to getting overtaken by two freshmen?

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Sam and Joey Hauser Eliminated
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:39 AM »
What a 48 hours!

THU: Joey Hauser is so bad he gets benched, and his favored Michigan State team loses.

FRI: Wojo gets fired, thank goodness.

SAT: Sam Hauser comes up small as his 4th-seeded team falls to a 13.

Incredible stretch for haters of both Wojo and the Hausers (and fans of schadenfreude). Each has won as many NCAA tournament games as Ners has!

And the Badgers win thrown in there just to keep warm fuzzies to a minimum

Viper

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2021, 07:19:27 AM »
Excellent question.  I assume the Hauser family is well versed in Turkish or Uzbek?  I love Turkish coffee.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2021, 07:38:06 AM »
Jesus yall are salty peanuts eh?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2021, 08:16:22 AM »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2021, 08:22:47 AM »
I'm glad the Hausers both lost, but only because I disliked the Hauser worshippers. People couldn't shut up about how brilliant the Hausers were for leaving.

Nothing against Sam and Joey personally.
Yeah this pretty much sums it up for me. If people wouldn’t have kept posting about their every move this season I wouldn’t have thought about either one of them much if at all.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2021, 08:27:59 AM »
I'm glad the Hausers both lost, but only because I disliked the Hauser worshippers. People couldn't shut up about how brilliant the Hausers were for leaving.

Nothing against Sam and Joey personally.

The fact that some here seemed the revel in the Hausers' departure is without a doubt weird.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
Perplexing.   I have racked my brain and can't come up with the equivalent reverence for those who left compared to those who stayed.   Anywhere.   In any sport.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2021, 08:55:03 AM »
What a 48 hours!

THU: Joey Hauser is so bad he gets benched, and his favored Michigan State team loses.

FRI: Wojo gets fired, thank goodness.

SAT: Sam Hauser comes up small as his 4th-seeded team falls to a 13.

Incredible stretch for haters of both Wojo and the Hausers (and fans of schadenfreude). Each has won as many NCAA tournament games as Ners has!

Can't understand "hate" at both?  Patience is a virtue, hate is a sickness.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
Pull the receipts.

Why is Froling back? What does he do for this team?

If Theo was not the size that he is he would be a liability at the YMCA

Clearly Harold Frolmeyer

Not gonna exaggerate, but this run was 100% Froling - he sucks

THIS TEAM HAS SWAG! MENTAL GIANTS!

All in your first 40 posts, I'm not going deeper since it's an exercise in futility, so again. Define it. When is berating of unpaid college athletes okay for you?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:18:20 AM by Retire0 »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
Still can't get over Sam quitting since he and Markus were close friends until Joey broke them up. Now Sam will always be thought of as a quitter.

Reliable word I heard was Sam took a swing at Markus in the locker room after tensions were at a boiling point after the Murray St. tournament loss. Not sure if that's ever been discussed. I think that situation was really a mess for much of the season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2021, 09:44:56 AM »
Yes, I have seen a version of that on the scout board.  In that version, tensions and frustrations boiled over in the locker room after Murray State.   There was a physical confrontation.     I know the details reported in that post, but it is 4th hand.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »
I got a little joy from seeing Joey play poorly for MSU, but I was cheering for Sam.  He was one of my favorite MU players and deserved a better ending.

+1

Not a fan of Joey and his attitude at all, but Sam was a favorite of mine as well.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2021, 09:52:02 AM »
+1

Not a fan of Joey and his attitude at all, but Sam was a favorite of mine as well.

I have to admit, I feel the same way.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
And the Badgers win thrown in there just to keep warm fuzzies to a minimum

Yeah, that would have been something. They'll get their comeuppance today, though.

I have racked my brain and can't come up with the equivalent reverence for those who left compared to those who stayed.   Anywhere.   In any sport.

It actually went beyond that. We have one Scooper who worships the Hausers while calling Markus a "cancer." And many other Scoopers who, a year or more after the Hausers left, extolled their wonderfulness while criticizing guys who kept busting their butts for our alma mater. As you said, it's remarkable.

As a couple other Scoopers said, praising the Hausers seemed to be a way for some to take shots at Wojo. Their departure was his ultimate failure, and so any success the Hausers had was a way to really stick in the knife.

In the end, each of the 3 have the exact same number of NCAA tournament wins. Over a 48-hour period, each suffered ignominious defeat.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2021, 10:07:24 AM »

Why is there joy in them losing from some?  Probably because when they did do well, a lot of posters liked to puff their chests out and tell everyone how much Marquette needed them as if that was debatable.  No one wanted to see them leave.  They did and we naturally watched them from afar.  Some took joy in their success as a way to stick it to Wojo and Marquette.  Some took joy in them losing to stick it to those people.  It’s a sick, sick world

Some took joy in them losing because their sudden and dramatic departure messed up Markus' senior year and what might have been MU's best season in ages last year. It wasn't a case of guys transferring because they got recruited over and slid to the end of the bench. It was the second and third best player transferring because...they were treated like the second and third best player.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2021, 10:41:03 AM »
4 pages in and this hasn’t been called out...

I don’t get simultaneous hate for the Hausers and joy at Wojo being fired. So many comments fall into this bucket.

These guys had a front row seat for Wojo’s ineffectiveness. They saw how this guy couldn’t lead. His lack of leadership laid the groundwork for the rift between them & Markus.

Ultimately Sam & Joey fired Wojo two years before MU did. And I can’t really blame them. Nor can any of the rest of the Nojos when you think about it...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »
4 pages in and this hasn’t been called out...

I don’t get simultaneous hate for the Hausers and joy at Wojo being fired. So many comments fall into this bucket.

These guys had a front row seat for Wojo’s ineffectiveness. They saw how this guy couldn’t lead. His lack of leadership laid the groundwork for the rift between them & Markus.

Ultimately Sam & Joey fired Wojo two years before MU did. And I can’t really blame them. Nor can any of the rest of the Nojos when you think about it...

I said it awhile back that who would have thought the Hausers were right about Wojo?

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2021, 10:47:01 AM »
I said it awhile back that who would have thought the Hausers were right about Wojo?

+1. They saw it clearly. Their experience lines up perfectly with Wojo’s tenure. He could recruit but couldn’t put the pieces together to win meaningfully.

SonOfWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2021, 12:45:56 PM »
There’s no argument. You’re berating unpaid kids, weirdo.

Unpaid kids?  An education is priceless.