'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU coaching candidates  (Read 91597 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: MU coaching candidates
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2021, 09:42:57 PM »
“Take it” with a grain of salt, and a warning. It’s 100% true, but just know I’ve gotten beat on the wire🐴 over ten times the last few days. 🐎

Coffee-Cake Face and Eddie Moysh must be staring at my picks 😂
Have fun. Don’t bet the 🏡
MarquetteMike1977 you need to end your bender and sleep

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »
Not tailgate related, per se, but I would love to see a guy with some personality who makes the game fun. I remember Crean coming out to see the students waiting in line for games when I was in school, and trying to energize everyone. That kind of experience helped cement my love for MU hoops. Finding a guy who will bring some fun back to the program would be a nice change of pace.

It is such an indictment of Wojo’s personality that you thought Crean had one. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2021, 10:37:08 PM »
It is such an indictment of Wojo’s personality that you thought Crean had one.

For most of us that’s all we know bud. When I was in school I remember Crean coming out when we were waiting in line and passing out McDonalds/Pizza/whatever. He’d actually talk to the students. He’s no Al I’m sure but he did a great job with the students.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2021, 10:41:12 PM »
One question...

Does a PowerPoint presentation automatically disqualify a coaching candidate this time around?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2021, 10:45:45 PM »
Brian Hamilton is a solid reporter and he knows Marquette well. He spoke repeatedly about the quality of the Marquette basketball job, calls it an extremely attractive opening.

We missed out on Tony Bennett years ago, so focus on the two potential HCs who play as slow as him..  ?-(

MU82

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »
We missed out on Tony Bennett years ago, so focus on the two potential HCs who play as slow as him..  ?-(

Was he advocating for those guys, or was he merely writing about them? The main opinion Hamilton really offered was that the Marquette job was attractive.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2021, 10:52:59 PM »
For most of us that’s all we know bud.

I think you seriously underestimate the average age of the people that post here.   

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2021, 11:09:49 PM »
So kind of an out there name I doubt is anywhere near the radar...A W Hamilton from Eastern Kentucky. Took over a moribund team and turned them around quick. Was the coach at Hargrave Military Academy for 7 years and won 90% of his games.  Developed Naji Marshall, Montrezl Harrel, and Terry Rozier there. Spent a year under Kevin Keatts at NC St before getting the EKU job.

Love his style of play, he played at Marshall for a coach who had his team leading the country in 3PA and percentage a solid decade before it was the new trend. His time at Hargrave I think would aid in recruitment. And he’s only 40.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2021, 11:14:39 PM »
I think you seriously underestimate the average age of the people that post here.

Yeah probably.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2021, 11:18:41 PM »

Wasn't there a poll a while back asking Scoopers their age?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2021, 11:19:52 PM »
Was he advocating for those guys, or was he merely writing about them? The main opinion Hamilton really offered was that the Marquette job was attractive.

Wasn’t the quote that Moser and McKay were the most likely of the leading candidates?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2021, 11:27:15 PM »
Wasn’t the quote that Moser and McKay were the most likely of the leading candidates?

It’s easy to look at Beilein’s track record and background and convince yourself the (likely) immediate returns are worth it. And maybe there’s pressure on Scholl and others to prioritize a short-term turnaround given the lack of recent postseason success. But Marquette probably should take a step back and go to someone with both head coach experience and a longer shelf life. Scholl mentioned diversity would be a “critical piece” of the process. So this might come down to McKay and Moser.

Hamilton's opinion is that MU should go with an experienced coach with a longer shelf life. He concluded that it "might" come down to McKay and Moser. I don't read that as he, Brian Hamilton, saying, "Hire McKay or Moser," but that they could end up the top candidates. We'll see!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2021, 11:38:15 PM »
MarquetteMike1977 you need to end your bender and sleep
Lol Thank You Went bowling tonight with Family And Friends. Rode up in the elevator with Doc Rivers one time and he told me he used to text with Tom Crean in the middle of the night. Sat Next to Buck’s Donn Nelson’s Daughter in High School and she used to come in most days and tell me her Dad was up watching film to 3:30 in the morning again and was worried about him.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2021, 11:41:11 PM »
Lol Thank You Went bowling tonight with Family And Friends. Rode up in the elevator with Doc Rivers one time and he told me he used to text with Tom Crean in the middle of the night. Sat Next to Buck’s Donn Nelson’s Daughter in High School and she used to come in most days and tell me her Dad was up watching film to 3:30 in the morning again and was worried about him.

You've got me man.  I don't know if you're scoop's most connected poster, freeway, or both.  Cheers.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2021, 11:42:48 PM »
Has anyone mentioned Beilein?

Don’t underestimate the Jesuit connection. 

A boy can dream, no?
Have probably mentioned Beilein too many times but yes.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2021, 11:44:05 PM »

Went to Bible study with Katie Nelson many years ago, lol.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2021, 11:45:24 PM »
This is where I'm at.  Dream hires would be Beilein and Matta.  Strong, more realistic hires of Moser, Smith, and Gates I'd be great with too.
Agree with this. Think Moser would probably come with the highest price tag of the realistic ones you mentioned but not sure.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2021, 11:55:15 PM »
Agree with this. Think Moser would probably come with the highest price tag of the realistic ones you mentioned but not sure.
Can’t you just call him quick and ask?
No Finish Line

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2021, 11:57:52 PM »

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahaha.

Hahaha.

Ha.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2021, 11:58:51 PM »
You've got me man.  I don't know if you're scoop's most connected poster, freeway, or both.  Cheers.
Freeway has me beat by far with connections. Met Freeway my 1st Day at MU playing basketball in the Schroeder Hall parking lot all day. We all walked into Schroeder at Sunset. Freeway assured me he was all right took his boom box and am guessing went back to the South side. Freeway is a righteous dude saw him at a few MU games in 2020 pre covid. I was a Dean’s List Student at Marquette University but admit English was my worst subject haha. Cheers!

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2021, 12:05:58 AM »
My MU College Roommate did get his picture with Sister Jean after Loyola’s Final Four run and sent it to me but do not know Moser haha. Crean was good friends with Moser that is what got Illinois State up here when Porter was the ISU Head Coach and MU beat him by pretty much cheers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2021, 12:40:36 AM »
I really don't understand why Moser is so low on everybody's list. Lets take todays game as an example.

GT was killing them early, and giving them hell defensively. Moser recognized it, moved Krutwig away from the post to open up space and now they're up 8 with 2 minutes to play.

Moser looks great...this year. And during the final four year. In between those two years they looked less great. That's my personal issue with Moser, he's very inconsistent. In his 10 seasons, he's overperformed his KenPom expectations significantly 5 times...but he's also underperformed significantly 4 times (performed about to expectations once).
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2021, 12:46:32 AM »
Has anyone mentioned Drake Coach Darian DeVries

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2021, 01:35:24 AM »
Tweet copied from Big East Golden Eagle

am very very very excited to see DJ, Dawson, and Justin together with new coaches.

I sure hope it is here at Marquette because the atmosphere is perfect for them.

They are going to be a PRIMETIME group if they stick together in Milwaukee

1SE

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2021, 02:16:54 AM »
Whoever ot is let's just get a guy (or girl- I'm with Brew here) who is a proven winner. If that's st the P6 level, great, but I would much rather get a midmajor coach who has won at that level with the resources available than a highmajor assistant or coach with so so track record
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

feedback