[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Offical NCAA Tournament thread  (Read 147842 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Offical NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #1900 on: April 05, 2021, 10:49:16 PM »
Haha nah. Top players in football score 15+ TD’s in a season. Apples to oranges.

Are you against trash talking? Timme is clearly trying to get under the opponent's skin, which is a valuable skill to have. I think his moustache stroking is a basketball play. If you get tilted by it, imagine the emotional 20 year olds he's playing against.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1901 on: April 05, 2021, 10:51:30 PM »
Arse kicking. Time to watch Aaron Rodgers.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1902 on: April 05, 2021, 10:51:59 PM »
A lot of players much much MUCH better than Timme can’t be stopped but they don’t celebrate layups. It’s called class. Acting like you’ve done it before.

Did you rip Travis for his three fingers or Cubillian for his shoulder shake?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Norm

• All American
« Reply #1903 on: April 05, 2021, 10:59:35 PM »
Shaka with the befuddled look in One Shining Moment. Hope we don't see that look a lot at MU.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1904 on: April 05, 2021, 11:00:29 PM »
Greg McDermott 2.0?

Doug, but nah.

He’s Korver 2.0.  The similarities are striking. Same general size.  Korver was a bit better from 3 as a senior, but Kispert has a bit better eFG.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1905 on: April 05, 2021, 11:05:56 PM »
Shaka with the befuddled look in One Shining Moment. Hope we don't see that look a lot at MU.
Agree lol Saw Shaka’s look on his Solo cameo on the One Shining Moment Video. At least he made the video but hope Marquette can Win some games in the Big Dance.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: April 05, 2021, 11:10:16 PM »
Doug, but nah.

He’s Korver 2.0.  The similarities are striking. Same general size.  Korver was a bit better from 3 as a senior, but Kispert has a bit better eFG.

Oooops.  Doug. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1907 on: April 06, 2021, 06:30:43 AM »
I'm torn. I wanted Few to get a championship.  But at the same time, had this Gonzaga team won, they would have gotten brought up in the "one of the greatest teams ever" given the undefeated season, and they just weren't that good. A very good and deserving final four team absolutely. But just not a historically great team.

Well the GOAT lost. Who was the goat of the game? Suggs? Timme? Well this old goat fell asleep and missed the end of the game.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1908 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03:53 AM »
So...did Colin Gillespie getting hurt give Baylor the title? Villanova led with just over 10 to play & had the ball with a 5-point deficit under 5. With Baylor & Ohio State in the same region, they were always going to try to keep Big 10 & 12 teams away from those two, even had Nova ended up on the 3/4 line.

Obviously just a hypothetical, but Villanova was really the only team that gave Baylor a game in this tournament.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1909 on: April 06, 2021, 07:19:45 AM »
Are you against trash talking? Timme is clearly trying to get under the opponent's skin, which is a valuable skill to have. I think his moustache stroking is a basketball play. If you get tilted by it, imagine the emotional 20 year olds he's playing against.
Acting like an ass hat after nearly every made basket is not a basketball play and not a valuable skill, its being an ass hat. How about get back and play defense and act like you have been there before. I am all for a little trash talk and celebrating a great play, but what he does is over the top, self-promoting garbage.  He clearly loved the attention, nothing to do with trying to get in the opponent’s head.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1910 on: April 06, 2021, 07:44:08 AM »
So...did Colin Gillespie getting hurt give Baylor the title? Villanova led with just over 10 to play & had the ball with a 5-point deficit under 5. With Baylor & Ohio State in the same region, they were always going to try to keep Big 10 & 12 teams away from those two, even had Nova ended up on the 3/4 line.

Obviously just a hypothetical, but Villanova was really the only team that gave Baylor a game in this tournament.

A good after topic might be the rating of the Selection Committee:
  • The NET was not very accurate nor used very well
  • PAC was underrated
  • B1G was severely overrated
  • Loyola was jobbed. Houston as a 2 seed vs. Nova as a 5. BE undervalued.

It's never easy especially during C19, but the football heavy conferences certainly got subjective nods, not all tools available used were followed, the NET needs a lot of refinement and was exposed by COVID due to sample size. I'd give a B-.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1911 on: April 06, 2021, 07:46:03 AM »
A good after topic might be the rating of the Selection Committee:
  • The NET was not very accurate nor used very well
  • PAC was underrated
  • B1G was severely overrated
  • Loyola was jobbed. Houston as a 2 seed vs. Nova as a 5. BE undervalued.

It's never easy especially during C19, but the football heavy conferences certainly got subjective nods, not all tools available used were followed, the NET needs a lot of refinement and was exposed by COVID due to sample size. I'd give a B-.

Hard for me to cry about Loyola being jobbed when they lost to a 12th seeded Oregon State team.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1912 on: April 06, 2021, 07:46:53 AM »

I actually think most of them don't really care.  In my experience, fans get way more upset about meaningless stuff like that then players do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1913 on: April 06, 2021, 08:03:14 AM »

I think Baylor gave Baylor the title.  They were very, very clearly the best team in college basketball.  Their closest win in the Tournament was a 9 point win over Arkansas in the Elite Eight.  Had they not gone on their covid pause mid conference season, they very well may have been the undefeated team of 2021.  I think they could've gone all 1 and 2 seeds for 6 straight games and won all of them the way they were playing in the Tournament.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 08:43:42 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1914 on: April 06, 2021, 09:02:52 AM »
Acting like an ass hat after nearly every made basket is not a basketball play and not a valuable skill, its being an ass hat. How about get back and play defense and act like you have been there before. I am all for a little trash talk and celebrating a great play, but what he does is over the top, self-promoting garbage.  He clearly loved the attention, nothing to do with trying to get in the opponent’s head.
This is correct. For those trying to find comparisons to what Timme did on routine layups - stop. There really isn’t a good comp.
No Finish Line

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #1915 on: April 06, 2021, 09:08:24 AM »
Half of Traci Carter made One Shining Moment 😂 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: April 06, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »
Does anybody have a video of Macio Teague flexing on Drew Timme last night?  The game was over to me when Baylor started up 9-0, so I was watching but also doing other stuff as needed and missed that, but am hearing Titus and Tate reference it on their podcast.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1917 on: April 06, 2021, 02:01:58 PM »
Doug, but nah.

Probably a decent comparison, but I would feel pretty good betting that Kispert will never be as good as Korver.

Great shooters are nice to have. Great shooters with quick releases are way better to have.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1918 on: April 06, 2021, 07:36:02 PM »

Hard for me to cry about Loyola being jobbed when they lost to a 12th seeded Oregon State team.

Totally agree with this.

Let's say Loyola was seeded 5th instead of 8th. They play Oregon State in the first round ... and quite possibly lose to 'em.

Getting seeded 8th ended up being a great thing for Loyola, because they got to play -- and beat -- Illinois in the second round. It was a wonderful thing for Mo$er, that's for sure.

If Loyola did get "jobbed," the school it hurt most was Illinois.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1919 on: April 06, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »

This is flawed logic with zero merit. Teams aren't seeded based on tournament results, they are seeded on the body of work before the tournament begins.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

• All American
« Reply #1920 on: April 07, 2021, 07:54:35 AM »
This is flawed logic with zero merit. Teams aren't seeded based on tournament results, they are seeded on the body of work before the tournament begins.

I'm not saying they weren't "jobbed" by their seeding.  I just don't really care.  I'm just not going to be all up in arms about it when you lose to Oregon State.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1921 on: April 09, 2021, 11:59:15 AM »
Referee Bert Smith says a blood clot in his lung caused him to fall during the USC/Gonzaga game.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1922 on: April 09, 2021, 01:00:41 PM »
Referee Bert Smith says a blood clot in his lung caused him to fall during the USC/Gonzaga game.

That was crazy shyte, Mr. N! The one replay I saw was from all the way down the court. One second he was standing there, then he just fell straight backward as if attached to a wooden plank. I was worried that his head had hit the court first and might have done some damage, but thankfully that doesn't appear to have been the case.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 03:56:34 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1923 on: April 09, 2021, 01:11:21 PM »

And he went to the hotel instead of the hospital.

Colossal failure that luckily didn't end up with a fatality.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1924 on: April 09, 2021, 01:54:47 PM »

Great article about it, including how the doctors had to 'trick him' into even getting into the stretcher (he wanted to walk off the court). Glad he decided to go to IU Medical Center and get it taken care of.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2021/04/09/ncaa-tournament-referee-bert-smith-collapse-game-saved-life/7148461002/