collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Smoking bans  (Read 15281 times)

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: Smoking bans
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2008, 03:44:33 AM »
I should know better though, because I learned a long time ago, logic and/or basic economic principles have no place on these boards. 
so following your approach, why do you choose to post? isn't that something you can choose to not do? why bother?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2008, 06:57:53 AM »
way to take something out of context. the "what a joke" is referring to the lawmakers who back your position smartass.

Ummm...no kidding. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no idea.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
Hoosier,

is your idea of a compromise that Decker give in to your way of thinking?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »
Hoosier,

in my first comment on this thread i mentioned a middle ground. i don't know exactly what that might be but some type of separate smoking area is one idea. from what i could find decker and co. refused a compromise, they didn't even want any type of separate smoking area

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
Hoosier,

in my first comment on this thread i mentioned a middle ground. i don't know exactly what that might be but some type of separate smoking area is one idea. from what i could find decker and co. refused a compromise, they didn't even want any type of separate smoking area

I don't claim to know the details of any sort of compromise like this that was offered, if an, but I would think a situation like that would be a complete nightmare. Since not all bars/restaurants and buildings are created equally, this would have the potential to create a very unlevel playing field. Meeting the requirements (whatever they may be) would likely be relatively easy for some, and much more difficult and expensive for others.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
Hoosier,

I don't claim to know the details of any sort of compromise like this that was offered, if an, but I would think a situation like that would be a complete nightmare. Since not all bars/restaurants and buildings are created equally, this would have the potential to create a very unlevel playing field. Meeting the requirements (whatever they may be) would likely be relatively easy for some, and much more difficult and expensive for others.
thanks for confirming what i was saying. i guess some people just have to agree to disagree on some matters