[Today at 04:39:02 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 364 days ago  (Read 5782 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: 364 days ago
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 08:14:43 PM »
I was just checking my text messages to my mom, and I started warning her about going on their zombie cruise on Feb 24th.

Lost all contact with her from 3/5 until 3/14... Really bad nine days where I didn't know if I'd see my parents again.

It's wild to go back through those messages.

hards-this one honestly made my heart sink and pause- all of our disagreements aside, really glad to know this is a memory that didn't end as you feared

don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2021, 08:38:08 PM »
  hards-this one honestly made my heart sink and pause- all of our disagreements aside, really glad to know this is a memory that didn't end as you feared

Totally agree doc. I vividly remember Hards’ posts about his parents, and was incredibly relieved when they got home safely. Something like that puts peoples’ everyday disagreements in perspective.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 09:19:26 PM »
Thanks guys.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »
Totally agree doc. I vividly remember Hards’ posts about his parents, and was incredibly relieved when they got home safely. Something like that puts peoples’ everyday disagreements in perspective.

Amen.

I think the Old Man Hards and Granny Hards' adventures on the Covid Seas really provided a much different perspective than "2 weeks to flatten the curve" did, and in a helpful way.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
I remember a year ago the Commander In chief saying "It’ll start getting better in 11 months and 29 days, at least if you replace me with somebody competent . In the meantime ,I don’t take any responsibility at all"

11-29

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2021, 05:48:31 PM »
I agree that Hard's parents journey provided a truly hands on perspective. I might disagree with 99.9% of what Hards post, but I definitely paid close attention and sent my prayers out his way. It was a crazy year and we all handled it differently and I am fine with that. Hopefully we can focus on MU ball moving forward.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2021, 06:07:19 PM »
Hopefully we can focus on MU ball moving forward.

Still plenty to discuss in the near future, but I'm looking forward to closing this board soon.  It's been a wild ride.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
my son and his team had just advanced to the sectional finals with a great chance of going to state when the word came down that it was canceled.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2021, 06:27:58 PM »
Our office close a year ago. Still closed and WFH through July. I have always either worked from home or been on the road.
I can’t wait to get back on the road.  But likely won’t be til fall.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »
Feb. 13th of last year. Last time I gave an in person talk at a University. Met with some colleagues that are experts in modeling. They were doing some contract work for the CDC/NIH modeling possible COVID scenarios, and how it will effect both healthcare and society.

No joke, they said to stock up on toilet paper now (I laughed at them), and outlined what the numbers would be on how it progressed in the next 90 days. They were spot on. I at the time thought there was no way we could mishandle it that badly. That there was no way we could be that in the dark regarding testing. We did, and we were.

1 year ago, my class was about to go on spring break. At that point a lot of the prediction my colleagues had made were falling in line. I told them it was unlikely we would see each other in person the rest of the school year. They thought I was over-reacting. They figured at most they'd get a free extra week of spring break.

What a crazy year.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:01:57 PM by forgetful »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 10:31:56 AM »
my son and his team had just advanced to the sectional finals with a great chance of going to state when the word came down that it was canceled.
Yup, my youngest's team was ranked 1st in the state and on a collusion course to play the 2nd ranked and also undefeated team in the finals when everything shut down. Suckitude.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
on a collusion course

Sounds like they didn't deserve to win with that kind of impropriety  ;)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »

There was no quid pro quo!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2021, 02:08:30 PM »
"You let us win this year, we'll return the favor next year".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2021, 08:00:17 AM »
So after a decade of going to the gym up to five mornings a week, a year ago today was the last time I stepped foot in one.  The good news is that I have used the money I saved to build up a gym at home, and have much more time in the mornings than I did before.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow