Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That's that. MSG is bad for you.  (Read 16086 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: That's that. MSG is bad for you.
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:12 AM »
I never said we should hire Legler’s wife. I said we should hire Legler because his wife is a dime.

So next time you decide to be the moral compass of a college basketball message board at least have the decency to quote me accurately. Otherwise you just look like a condescending choad.

And thanks for the lecture on what is considered appropriate work conversation, Captain Obvious. Last time I checked my W8 (I make so much money I don’t get a W2) isn’t from Scoop.

Yep, my bad on the typo.  The spirit of my post stands, however:  It was a misogynistic comment on your part. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2021, 09:02:38 AM »
So people are so NOT triggered that they're still calling Theo a fake tough guy because of it how many weeks later?  Again, got it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
Worst ORating performance since Wojo's first year.

Some here call Wojo an offensive genius.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2021, 09:18:10 AM »

Actually no one did.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »
Actually no one did.

It's been said before. Brew and Ners had a bet over it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2021, 09:37:42 AM »
If someone continues to call others triggered, does that make them triggered themselves? 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
It's been said before. Brew and Ners had a bet over it.

Thank you.

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2021, 10:00:10 AM »
Nevermind.  I was wrong.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:14:38 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2021, 10:03:46 AM »
If someone continues to call others triggered, does that make them triggered themselves?
Yes

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
No one said Wojo was an "offensive genius" except for you and willie.  Building strawmen yet again.

What I like about Wojo:
Recruits well
Runs a clean program (as far as we know)
Represents Marquette well
Offensive genius
Willing to try things defensively.   Zone, 3/4 trap, trapping in the zone

Anyone that doesn't think Wojo is an offensive genius is a freaking moron.

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2021, 10:15:01 AM »

Thank you.  I was clearly wrong.  Sorry Lennys.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
I don’t think anyone is triggered? Just questioning why someone on the basketball team felt the need to get involved in a social media battle when a particular tweet wasn’t aimed at him individually. No more, no less. If that’s triggered nowadays, so be it I guess.

So you're in the "shut up and dribble" camp.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »
Theo should not have responded to the “who cares” post on Twitter.  He should not have told a Marquette fan to STFU.  What that fan said was completely innocuous.  Theo was in the wrong.  There’s no other way to spin it.

He did say: "STFU, respectfully".  I thought adding " , respectfully" was brilliant.  I'm here for it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2021, 10:35:04 AM »
No. I’m in the camp that players that want to be a part of a successful team should not pick fights with random, individual trolls on social media - which is what Theo did.

This thread was not about the “support us” tweet. I think it would be good practice for you to read it before replying next time.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2021, 11:31:05 AM »
No. I’m in the camp that players that want to be a part of a successful team should not pick fights with random, individual trolls on social media - which is what Theo did.

This thread was not about the “support us” tweet. I think it would be good practice for you to read it before replying next time.

This, exactly.  Athletes at big time college programs and on professional teams should be above engaging with troll fans on social media.  There is -never- a good result when it happens.  If the athlete isn’t aware that they should be above this, the team should make it very clear they are not to engage with angry fans on social media.  In fact, I’m almost positive players these days are educated on the dos and don’ts of social media.

Theo, as a senior leader, should’ve absolutely known this, and set an example for his younger teammates.  No one was triggered.  It was just a bad look.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
If I was head coach, I'd be sure to have a strict social media policy.

But you know, that would be way to rational for the neanderthal we currently employ to have thought of in the last seven years.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2021, 12:03:18 PM »
Which was either the comment he thinks Theo is soft and not as tough as everyone says he is or that he didn’t like being told  to F off and not cheer for the team if they don’t like his/the teams activism.

Either one doesn’t seem like a fair reason to characterize someone you never met as disgusting.

NM
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 12:07:13 PM by MU1980 »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2021, 12:38:55 PM »
Depends on which definition of offensive you are using.  :D
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:16 PM »

Only it wasn't. The person calling out Theo was not triggered about him responding to a random fan, he was triggered by Theo's political stance.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
Only it wasn't. The person calling out Theo was not triggered about him responding to a random fan, he was triggered by Theo's political stance.
Either this is extremely hard for you or you’re inconceivably lazy. Either way - you’ve now diluted the value of everyone’s MU degree.

If you click through all the quotes, this is the quote that started the thread to which you are now responding:

Theo should not have responded to the “who cares” post on Twitter.  He should not have told a Marquette fan to STFU.  What that fan said was completely innocuous.  Theo was in the wrong.  There’s no other way to spin it.

Tell me again how we aren’t talking about Theo picking a fight with a random internet troll??

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »

I'm in the "don't honor someone who commits violence against women" camp.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
When the east coast Big East schools come to Milwaukee the refs call a tight game.
When Marquette goes to MSG the refs let the fur fly.

The only winning way is methodical, slow paced, spread offence with outstanding 3 point shooting.  Or recruit some very big, agressive players.

NYC wants to see blood on the floor.

Bill Raftery, and coach Lavin are perfect examples of the Big East image as a "tough" league.  They live in the old Big East as they once knew it.

Wojo is no fool.  He knows that to win at MSG his teams have to play much more aggressively.
These days they play faster than they can manage, (turnovers), but can't play tough enough because that is not who they are.  It is what it is, get used to it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »
I'm in the "don't honor someone who commits violence against women" camp.

So you are for vacating most of Buzz' successful seasons correct?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:21 PM »
Either this is extremely hard for you or you’re inconceivably lazy. Either way - you’ve now diluted the value of everyone’s MU degree.

If you click through all the quotes, this is the quote that started the thread to which you are now responding:

Tell me again how we aren’t talking about Theo picking a fight with a random internet troll??
Holy unnatural carnal knowledge you're dense. That poster's problem with Theo occurred long before he responded to that post. What an asshat.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
Holy unnatural carnal knowledge you're dense. That poster's problem with Theo occurred long before he responded to that post. What an asshat.
I mean just click through the thread. It proves you’re wrong.

feedback