Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A shout out to Jamal Cain  (Read 3600 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: A shout out to Jamal Cain
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 09:41:07 AM »
Right, which is why the narrative that he should be kept around because of next year's recruiting class doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  First, I think it's a "good" recruiting class, but hardly a great one.  Second, I don't see much hope that he is going to be able to coach this class up.

Wojo would have gone to three NCAA tournaments.  And in each case, he had the benefit of having the program's all time leading scorer and all American on the roster - a truly great player.  Absent that, while they may make the tournament, I don't see any second weekend runs with him at the helm.

First off, I should say I think Wojo is staying regardless of my opinion. Having said that I think the decision with Wojo should be dependent on 3 other guys rather than the recruiting class.

If DJ, DG and JL all make it known they are going to return there is no way you can even consider letting Wojo go.

Let those 3 become sophmores and see what kind of jump they make(I count Carton since he played .5 a season and this would be his "sophmore" year with us). If all 3 really take a jump that can reasonably expected of them we could be a pretty quality squad next year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....