Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Good Win  (Read 6044 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Good Win
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:14:04 PM »
Honestly

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: Good Win
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:24 PM »
Yep, they played well tonight, very solid game.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:16:18 PM »
We probably knocked Xavier out of the tournament, so at least we got to play spoiler.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 10:16:36 PM »
True. That was a fun win.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 10:17:04 PM »
Glad they are clearly getting better. Unfortunate it took as long as it did. Good draw for the BET. I'll dare to dream a bit.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 10:18:12 PM »
Toughed it out and won

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 10:25:42 PM »
Good win.  Happy for the seniors especially.   Let’s keep it going

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 10:45:55 PM »
Finished 8-11 in league. Lost out on a Georgetown home game (and had a real loss vs DePaul). So, 9-11 or 10-10. Last year, MU was 8-10.  The NIT year they went 9-9. I wouldn’t rule out a NIT bid with a surprise win or two in the BET.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
Won 4 of our last 5 games.

Just another strong finish for Wojo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 10:56:21 PM »
Won 4 of our last 5 games.

Just another strong finish for Wojo!
Don’t push it

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 11:09:28 PM »
Don’t push it

Glad you appear to actually be rooting for your alma mater.

Either you realized, as any sane person did weeks and weeks ago, that the decision-makers have already made up their minds ... or you simply decided it was no fun to root against the team you supposedly love. Or, hopefully, both.

Played well most of the game tonight. Time to do some damage in the BEast tourney.

We Are Marquette!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 11:17:04 PM »
We started the second half settling for threes too much, and had too many possessions without shots in the first half, but I thought we played as well as we have this season.  I liked the double teaming the ball.  Second half defense wasn;t as good as first half.  Scruggs is a good ball player.  I thought the seniors played well.

Win that first game in the BET and we should avoid a losing season, which is worth something, I guess.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 11:35:06 PM »
5 dolla pro jo now eh??
jk

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 11:57:25 PM »
Finished 8-11 in league. Lost out on a Georgetown home game (and had a real loss vs DePaul). So, 9-11 or 10-10. Last year, MU was 8-10.  The NIT year they went 9-9. I wouldn’t rule out a NIT bid with a surprise win or two in the BET.
We need 3 more wins to get an NIT bid. Two maybe, but I would not bet on this being good enough.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 06:18:27 AM »
Good win.  Happy for the seniors especially.   Let’s keep it going
It is always gratifying to watch seniors end their MU career with a final win at home. Looked like real joy at the end when they came out.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 06:57:10 AM »
If that knocked Xavier out of the tournament, even better
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 07:05:23 AM »
If that knocked Xavier out of the tournament, even better

Xavier's just another decent, middle-of-the-road BEast team. They sure don't look like an NCAAT team to me.

I let out a "noooo" when Kunkel shot an open 3 late that would have tied the game with about 40 seconds left. That it clanked off the rim and we got the rebound was poetic justice. Eff Kunkel!

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 10:30:18 AM »
Glad you appear to actually be rooting for your alma mater.

Either you realized, as any sane person did weeks and weeks ago, that the decision-makers have already made up their minds ... or you simply decided it was no fun to root against the team you supposedly love. Or, hopefully, both.

Played well most of the game tonight. Time to do some damage in the BEast tourney.

We Are Marquette!

This is the most short sighted way of looking at things.  The idiotic “he’s not getting fired next year so we might as well enjoy some meaningless end of the year wins” crowd can’t see past the end of their noses.   Let’s say this absolute crap show of a team scrapes out a win or two in the BE tourney and gets an NIT bid.  Then next year Wojo leads this team to another middle of the pack Big East season and gets a low seed in the tourney and another first round loss.  This awful administration will be perfectly satisfied to keep him around because the majority of this fanbase seems thrilled with mediocrity.  You idiots will accept anything and just say “nothing we can do about it, let’s enjoy another meaningless win.”   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
This is the most short sighted way of looking at things.  The idiotic “he’s not getting fired next year so we might as well enjoy some meaningless end of the year wins” crowd can’t see past the end of their noses.   Let’s say this absolute crap show of a team scrapes out a win or two in the BE tourney and gets an NIT bid.  Then next year Wojo leads this team to another middle of the pack Big East season and gets a low seed in the tourney and another first round loss.  This awful administration will be perfectly satisfied to keep him around because the majority of this fanbase seems thrilled with mediocrity.  You idiots will accept anything and just say “nothing we can do about it, let’s enjoy another meaningless win.”   

You must be a Russian bot.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »

The fact is he isn’t getting fired. The fact is another year like this one gets him fired.

You keep calling people idiots but a lot of people who know something have alluded to this. So might as well enjoy some wins.

You don’t know anything. Therefore people are dismissing you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2021, 10:59:40 AM »
The fact is he isn’t getting fired. The fact is another year like this one gets him fired.

You may be right. This seems to be the the consensus.

But these are established “facts”? Source?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

Hmmmmm. Based on the body of work...

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »

You keep calling people idiots but a lot of people who know something have alluded to this. So might as well enjoy some wins.

Lol...you just proved my point.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2021, 11:53:26 AM »

This guy,Farley,  is truly an idiot, and that's whyI blocked him.  But people still Quote his BS ! ! !  IMHO He truly needs a non-scheduled Vacation from Scoop... 

hawk

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2021, 12:37:22 PM »
I,m an old guy new to this sort of venue.  Seems to me there is a lot of overreaction to Wojo.  Certainly he has achieved mediocrity and while that is upsetting He is not wrecking the program.  Hank hurt the program and Dukiet almost killed it,so relax.  I would argue that everybody thought He,be great but he,s not.  He also isn't terrible.  By my count MU only had two bad losses,DePaul and the second Seton Hall game.  had some other tough losses but not bad ones.  Ithink he is starting to figure things out and that next year tells the tale.   Changing  coaches is always a gamble Wojo has an upside and I'd be inclined to let out some more rope.  Gillin was great at Xavier not so great at UVA.  be careful what you wish for.....

feedback