Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ugly Win? Trust me  (Read 8565 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: Ugly Win? Trust me
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 07:50:11 AM »
In another year, posters would be up in arms about a high major playing 6 straight road games and not playing a home game for 4 weeks.    They would also be celebrating a 3-3 6 game road trip.

😂🤣  you can’t make this stuff up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 07:52:42 AM »
But it ain't another year. And, big picture of this season, there is no reason to celebrate.

Little picture, though, I prefer each time we win to each time we lose.

You are correct. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:40 AM »
I watched a game last night with the 2 worst teams in the conference this season and it was U G L Y.

A win is a win but this program is sliding towards a regular battle of the 2 worst teams duking it out for 10th place.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 08:49:41 AM »
I watched a game last night with the 2 worst teams in the conference this season and it was U G L Y.

A win is a win but this program is sliding towards a regular battle of the 2 worst teams duking it out for 10th place.
Correction. It is not sliding towards, it has already arrived. When you are on par with DePaul, you have failed miserably!!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 10:00:39 AM »
Side note: the last 10 minutes (all that I watched) of the X v. GU game last night may have been uglier.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »

I know I'm a hopeless optimist, but I don't think this program is sliding toward that at all.

A few "ifs" are necessary - mostly involving the return of our top 3 players, decent contributions from a couple of next year's freshmen and the signing of a good transfer - but I can envision MUCH better results next season. Yes, even with Wojo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 10:11:49 AM »
Side note: the last 10 minutes (all that I watched) of the X v. GU game last night may have been uglier.

Those saying this was the ugliest game of the season have not watched much college basketball. Lots of ugly games including your example above. Specifically, they haven't watched a lot of DePaul games. This is what they do, ugly up games so they can stay in the game in hopes of just scratching out a win. I watched Seton Hall beat DePaul earlier this year and the Pirates didn't score a FG in last 9 minutes.

It was not a good win. No one is saying it is. But those trying to spin it into a indictment of the program are overexaggerating. There's already plenty to indict the program on, last night falls somewhere between 88th and 94th on the list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

panda

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
Those saying this was the ugliest game of the season have not watched much college basketball. Lots of ugly games including your example above. Specifically, they haven't watched a lot of DePaul games. This is what they do, ugly up games so they can stay in the game in hopes of just scratching out a win. I watched Seton Hall beat DePaul earlier this year and the Pirates didn't score a FG in last 9 minutes.

It was not a good win. No one is saying it is. But those trying to spin it into a indictment of the program are overexaggerating. There's already plenty to indict the program on, last night falls somewhere between 88th and 94th on the list.

Ugliest game overall? Who knows but that stretch in the second half was unlike anything I’ve ever seen before in college basketball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:09 AM »
Ugliest game overall? Who knows but that stretch in the second half was unlike anything I’ve ever seen before in college basketball.

You need to watch more college basketball.

For example, in Texas A&M's home loss to LSU, the Aggies led 66-60 with 8:50 to go.

They didn't score another point the rest of the game. Zero points in nearly 9 minutes!!

They were 0-15 from the floor, missed the front end of 1+1 (the only FT attempted in that span), committed 2 turnovers, and let LSU finish with an 18-0 run. They were jacking up wild 3-pointers, many of which didn't even catch iron.

I know all this because it was on ESPN's "bad beats" - the over-under on TAMU was 67.5, so they only needed to make one basket or 2 FTs in the final 8:50 to cover ... and they didn't!

Obviously, with such horrid basketball - just another disappointment is a season that has them in 13th place in the SEC - Texas A&M must have a terrible coach, right?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 10:28:36 AM »

Some people just can’t admit how far this program has fallen.   Keep on living in your fantasy world that we’re not a bottom Big East team and the future is bright. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 10:30:08 AM »
Indiana/ Michigan State was brutal until Henry took over.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
Keep on living in your fantasy world that we’re not a bottom Big East team and the future is bright. 

He's never said or implied that "we're not a bottom Big East team" or "the future is bright."

Stop lying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 10:32:50 AM »
Some people just can’t admit how far this program has fallen.   Keep on living in your fantasy world that we’re not a bottom Big East team and the future is bright.

If you could point out where I said we're not a bottom Big East team or that the future is bright, I'll gladly issue a retraction.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

panda

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
You need to watch more college basketball.

For example, in Texas A&M's home loss to LSU, the Aggies led 66-60 with 8:50 to go.

They didn't score another point the rest of the game. Zero points in nearly 9 minutes!!

They were 0-15 from the floor, missed the front end of 1+1 (the only FT attempted in that span), committed 2 turnovers, and let LSU finish with an 18-0 run. They were jacking up wild 3-pointers, many of which didn't even catch iron.

I know all this because it was on ESPN's "bad beats" - the over-under on TAMU was 67.5, so they only needed to make one basket or 2 FTs in the final 8:50 to cover ... and they didn't!

Obviously, with such horrid basketball - just another disappointment is a season that has them in 13th place in the SEC - Texas A&M must have a terrible coach, right?

It always has to come back to pro jo no jo with you.

The stretch in the second half last night was very bad basketball. The worst I have seen all season from both teams.

There’s no hidden meaning behind what I said.

Feel free to insert whatever narrative you see fit, but there’s nothing beyond the fact that I believe it was a bad stretch of basketball between two teams.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 11:05:30 AM »
If you could point out where I said we're not a bottom Big East team or that the future is bright, I'll gladly issue a retraction.

I dont think he actually reads what people writes. His head is so full of anger towards Wojo that unless every single post on this site is how much we suck at everything, he takes it as a Pro-Wojo take.

I doubt there is anyone left here who likes Wojo, thinks we are good right now or will be soon or doesn't want a new staff right now. But for some people, that means the only thing you can ever talk about is how horrible everything is.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:08 AM »

I dont think he actually reads what people writes. His head is so full of anger towards Wojo that unless every single post on this site is how much we suck at everything, he takes it as a Pro-Wojo take.

I doubt there is anyone left here who likes Wojo, thinks we are good right now or will be soon or doesn't want a new staff right now. But for some people, that means the only thing you can ever talk about is how horrible everything is.

There are absolutely a few people left who still like Wojo, though they may not think we’re good or will be soon.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 11:35:05 AM »
It always has to come back to pro jo no jo with you.

The stretch in the second half last night was very bad basketball. The worst I have seen all season from both teams.

There’s no hidden meaning behind what I said.

Feel free to insert whatever narrative you see fit, but there’s nothing beyond the fact that I believe it was a bad stretch of basketball between two teams.

I did not think you had any hidden meaning. I just think there is a lot of bad basketball out there, including the instance I mentioned. I guess you don't watch much basketball, that's all.

Even good coaches have presided over bad basketball this season. Even blueblood coaches.

It has nothing to do with "jo." I said he should have been fired, during the season, more than 6 weeks ago.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »
++ Didn't know Koby could dunk. I can't remember another by him, though maybe I'm just forgetting. I certainly can't remember another "F-U dunk" like that from him.
Agree, I said this as well in the game thread last night. After watching Koby drive to the basket and launch so many contorted lay ups, I had no idea he could dunk, much less with that sort of authority.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 03:31:04 PM »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3aAbj5big

It took wojo less than 5 seconds to remind everyone that they were without Theo. Pretty typical.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 03:43:11 PM »
It took wojo less than 5 seconds to remind everyone that they were without Theo. Pretty typical.

Would've enjoyed somebody countering with "well didn't you lose to them previously with Theo?"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Boone

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »
Or countered with DePaul was missing their best all-around player, Freeman-Liberty, who scored 19 against us last game

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 05:32:33 PM »
Either Fartley36 has a reading comprehension issue or he gets so gacked up to bad-mouth the program that he rushes to reply before actually digested what someone posts.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »
Not sure how you can even appreciate Perez's effort. At one point it seemed the offense was running through him.... And Dawson was rolling his eyes.

Want Dawson to even consider a transfer? Keep giving Perez a bunch of touches - shows how incompetent the coach is.
I wish Carton would play with Perez's attitude.

If you were a Wardle fan then you should become a Perez fan. Similar size player who likes to shoot inside or out.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 06:01:07 PM »
Agree, I said this as well in the game thread last night. After watching Koby drive to the basket and launch so many contorted lay ups, I had no idea he could dunk, much less with that sort of authority.

For your viewing pleasure...
https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1366942438468820995