[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Call your shot  (Read 7027 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: Call your shot
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 07:27:57 AM »
I think we win 3 in a row and get demolished in the second round of the BET
agreed. I’m embarrassed to say, but a .500 season sounds ok ‘bout now.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 07:48:28 AM »
Not 1 or 2 results though. 8 years is plenty big of sample size to determine Wojo is garbage. Fire Wojo.

Few are arguing with this. Most of us have been calling for him to be canned for some time now, and a few have been saying so for years.

But don't claim to be a Marquette fan and then be disappointed about our alma mater winning at the Dean Dome.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 08:03:49 AM »
Few are arguing with this. Most of us have been calling for him to be canned for some time now, and a few have been saying so for years.

But don't claim to be a Marquette fan and then be disappointed about our alma mater winning at the Dean Dome.

Let's add our Butler game at Hinkle to  the mix. "We won big but so what? The opponent was crap."

There are alleged Marquette fans here who, if they were alleged Butler fans, would be ridiculing Butler fans for celebrating the win over Nova. "It was one of Nova's worst performances ever and simply a fluke. We are still a crap team just like Marquette!" 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 08:24:17 AM »
Let's add our Butler game at Hinkle to  the mix. "We won big but so what? The opponent was crap."

There are alleged Marquette fans here who, if they were alleged Butler fans, would be ridiculing Butler fans for celebrating the win over Nova. "It was one of Nova's worst performances ever and simply a fluke. We are still a crap team just like Marquette!"

I actually feel sorry for people who are incapable of experiencing joy in everyday life. Seriously. It must be exhausting to always look for the negative and always be on the attack, especially about something relatively inconsequential like sports.

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »
I actually feel sorry for people who are incapable of experiencing joy in everyday life. Seriously. It must be exhausting to always look for the negative and always be on the attack, especially about something relatively inconsequential like sports.

We have Projos, So-So-jos, Nojos and Meat-eaters.
I suppose we have to add The Miserables to the lexicon

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »
I like how 82 has taken on the role of “fan police”. Must have been the hall monitor kid back in the day.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »
I like how 82 has taken on the role of “fan police”. Must have been the hall monitor kid back in the day.

Aren't you doing the same thing from the opposite perspective? You have had more than a couple of comments calling people idiots and short sighted if they find any enjoyment in a Marquette win.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2021, 10:57:35 AM »
Aren't you doing the same thing from the opposite perspective? You have had more than a couple of comments calling people idiots and short sighted if they find any enjoyment in a Marquette win.
I think “short-sighted” and “blissful idiots” are accurate terms for those that are celebrating certain victories this season. But they’re still MU fans - no denial there. I never called anyone “not a Marquette fan” the way 82 has been doing.

So to answer your question - no I haven’t.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »
I will go with:

@Depaul W
vs. Xavier W

We pass Butler in standings.  Gtown probably loses their next 2 and we likely pass them too.  That means 8 seed, and we'd likely get Gtown or Butler is 8/9 game.  I will give MU a W there.

Then we get Nova!  Joy.  Season over.

Honestly, in terms of having like 2% chance instead of a 0.0000001% chance, we're probably better off losing 1 of these 2 games and hoping Butler beats Creighton next Saturday.  Not a likely scenario.  Looks like 8/9 seed game and a Thur am date with Nova is our prize for a Wednesday W is overwhelmingly likely. 

Not ideal.  But neither was this season. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 11:21:38 AM »
I will go with:

@Depaul W
vs. Xavier W

We pass Butler in standings.  Gtown probably loses their next 2 and we likely pass them too.  That means 8 seed, and we'd likely get Gtown or Butler is 8/9 game.  I will give MU a W there.

Then we get Nova!  Joy.  Season over.

Honestly, in terms of having like 2% chance instead of a 0.0000001% chance, we're probably better off losing 1 of these 2 games and hoping Butler beats Creighton next Saturday.  Not a likely scenario.  Looks like 8/9 seed game and a Thur am date with Nova is our prize for a Wednesday W is overwhelmingly likely. 

Not ideal.  But neither was this season.

Or Covid break causes every other team to pause BET and we become the de facto champion 😎
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2021, 11:24:00 AM »
I think “short-sighted” and “blissful idiots” are accurate terms for those that are celebrating certain victories this season. But they’re still MU fans - no denial there. I never called anyone “not a Marquette fan” the way 82 has been doing.

Actually ... you are an interesting case, 5Cent. You call others idiots for wanting to see our alma mater win, saying that each win prevents the firing of Wojo. But when it's suggested that the REAL way fans can make a difference is by hitting Marquette in the wallet, you say, no, you're can't possibly part with your season tickets.

So it is YOU -- and not a bunch of interwebs schlubs like most of the rest of us -- who is refusing to send a strong signal to Marquette's powers-that-be that they MUST dump Wojo.

I mean, why must they dump Wojo if folks are willing to pay to watch his team play, game after game, month after month, season after season, no matter how bad things get?

So I guess I owe you an apology. You are a big Marquette fan -- and, despite your bellicose words on Scoop, obviously a big Wojo fan, because you keep willingly paying for his contract extension.

Get next season's deposit in now -- all Wojo, all the time!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »

But you are telling them how they should be fans, no? Seems like fan policing to me.
TAMU

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2021, 11:36:56 AM »
But you are telling them how they should be fans, no? Seems like fan policing to me.
I think you have it backwards. Whether you do or don’t celebrate doesn’t change whether you are or are not an MU fan. That has always been my stance - never has changed. My opinion is that you are short-sighted and in denial if you are celebrating certain wins (such as Georgetown).

82’s viewpoint is that if you don’t celebrate a meaningless win in a completely lost season you are not an MU fan. You should do some research first.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
I mean, why must they dump Wojo if folks are willing to pay to watch his team play, game after game, month after month, season after season, no matter how bad things get?
I believe Scholl and other members of the admin have the responsibility to field a highly competitive program in-line with the tradition of this school (which I think we agree the program is not at), regardless of ticket sales. You’re free to disagree with that notion.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »
I think you have it backwards. Whether you do or don’t celebrate doesn’t change whether you are or are not an MU fan. That has always been my stance - never has changed. My opinion is that you are short-sighted and in denial if you are celebrating certain wins (such as Georgetown).

82’s viewpoint is that if you don’t celebrate a meaningless win in a completely lost season you are not an MU fan. You should do some research first.

So everyone is fan, but you are an idiot fan unless you see things your way. Sounds like fan policing.
TAMU

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »
So everyone is fan, but you are an idiot fan unless you see things your way. Sounds like fan policing.
You’re a “blissful idiot” which is another term for someone in denial. Good spin zone.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »
Have we reached Ners level of obsessive, beating-a-dead-horse level of posting from 5c yet?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »
I believe Scholl and other members of the admin have the responsibility to field a highly competitive program in-line with the tradition of this school (which I think we agree the program is not at), regardless of ticket sales. You’re free to disagree with that notion.

That's quite the rationale for willingly helping to pay for a contract extension for the coach you loathe.

Careful, big guy. You can get hurt pretty badly trying to twist yourself into a pretzel like that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »
Have we reached Ners level of obsessive, beating-a-dead-horse level of posting from 5c yet?

That was years ago
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
Just don't engage.  Let him yell at himself. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »
You’re a “blissful idiot” which is another term for someone in denial. Good spin zone.

So your argument is that putting blissful in front of idiot makes it a compliment? You insult those who disagree with you. Others insult you when they disagree with you. You are both trying to police each other.
TAMU

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2021, 02:40:03 PM »
Or Covid break causes every other team to pause BET and we become the de facto champion %uD83D%uDE0E

Call me crazy but I have been pondering the possibility of a "de facto" champion through the Nova gets a COVID outbreak angle.  Technically we're still alive because of this possibility .  :)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
Call me crazy but I have been pondering the possibility of a "de facto" champion through the Nova gets a COVID outbreak angle.  Technically we're still alive because of this possibility .  :)

Hey it's a lot cheaper to pay a bunch of Covid sickos to breathe on the other teams than it is to pay Wojo's buyout.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »

Hey it's a lot cheaper to pay a bunch of Covid sickos to breathe on the other teams than it is to pay Wojo's buyout.

Well, the entire DePaul team is likely immune so maybe MU gets to play them for the BET championships.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »
1-1 in the final two.

Run to the semis in the BET if we are on Creighton's side. Blowout loss in the 2nd round if we play Nova.