collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Equalizer  (Read 1459 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
The Equalizer
« on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:12 PM »
Has anyone watched the show?  Is it as entertaining as the Denzel film version?

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: The Equalizer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 10:05:09 PM »
Has anyone watched the show?  Is it as entertaining as the Denzel film version?

It's OK, but I preferred the Denzil films. Some have said its more like the 80s TV version. I do like Clarissa the other CBS show based from the movie Silence of the Lambs.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:19:23 PM »
I’ve not seen it, but I saw the movies with Denzel and know the premise. On that alone, Queen Latifah is a hilariously unbelievable casting to build it around. My friend watched the first episode and said she took out 5 guys in a fist fight that felt like it was in slow motion and he was out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 04:27:23 AM »
I%u2019ve not seen it, but I saw the movies with Denzel and know the premise. On that alone, Queen Latifah is a hilariously unbelievable casting to build it around. My friend watched the first episode and said she took out 5 guys in a fist fight that felt like it was in slow motion and he was out.

Taking out 5 dudes with no worries is never bad.  But it's hard to top the scene when Denzel got mad, started his stopwatch, and tuned up Slavi and his minions in 19 secs.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:35:47 AM by MuggsyB »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »
I’ve not seen it, but I saw the movies with Denzel and know the premise. On that alone, Queen Latifah is a hilariously unbelievable casting to build it around. My friend watched the first episode and said she took out 5 guys in a fist fight that felt like it was in slow motion and he was out.

The movie was based on an old TV show in the mid to late 80s featuring an ex-Secret Service agent played by a middle-aged English actor named Edward Woodward.  Same basic premise, but he was wealthy and had several friends to help him.  Agree that a middle aged woman is a bad choice if she's gonna be taking on multiple people fighting each week.  But Queen Latifah will draw more eyeballs to the set than will most other people and if the character is supposed to be a retired secret service type then they have to be fairly old.  Not interested myself, didn't like the original TV show and agree the Denzel Washington movie was great fun.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 08:49:11 AM »
He posts from time to time. I miss the endless Cheeks/84 vs. PRN/4ever "Crean Slurper vs. Sucks" threads.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 06:56:40 PM »
The movie was based on an old TV show in the mid to late 80s featuring an ex-Secret Service agent played by a middle-aged English actor named Edward Woodward.  Same basic premise, but he was wealthy and had several friends to help him.  Agree that a middle aged woman is a bad choice if she's gonna be taking on multiple people fighting each week.  But Queen Latifah will draw more eyeballs to the set than will most other people and if the character is supposed to be a retired secret service type then they have to be fairly old.  Not interested myself, didn't like the original TV show and agree the Denzel Washington movie was great fun.

My only issue with the Denzel version was that they stole a line from Pulp Fiction.  "I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do."  The Russian villain was cool but he was no Winston Wolf.  Also when I take out 7-8 guys in 19 secs and  find interesting uses for a corkscrew, my blood pressure and breathing increases.  How was Denzel so calm?? 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 07:11:19 PM »
He's Denzel.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 07:28:39 PM »
I know Denzel has gotten major awards and is widely respected but I think he's underrated.  He can be in a total crap film and you still watch because he's that good.  There are only a handful of actors I would put in that category. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 04:06:12 PM »
I know Denzel has gotten major awards and is widely respected but I think he's underrated.  He can be in a total crap film and you still watch because he's that good.  There are only a handful of actors I would put in that category.
My favorite Denzel Washington movie is called Carbon Copy. It is a comedy with George Segal. Was very funny.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback