[Today at 05:58:24 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by mileskishnish72
[Today at 05:50:19 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by barfolomew
[Today at 05:19:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32926 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »
I'm using the example to illustrate a point.  I'm not grading one's racist comments vs the other.  The fact is we are living in a world where Lincoln, Jefferson, and Washington's past are being scrutinized, and their statues toppled. A guy was fired for as the Sacramento Kings broadcaster after 25 yrs for saying "All Lives Matter." 

Again, my whole point is about the vitriol towards Limbaugh vs others who have also said dumb and incendiary things.  There a lot of scumbags out there, that's the bottom line.  If people had this reaction to Clinton or Biden's death they would be banned from social media platforms and canceled completely if possible. 

Limbaugh said some horrible things as did Biden, fine.  But why is it when Biden or Bill Clinton kick the bucket I expect most of you and the media not to say one word about their moral behavior not to mention tweet about their douchebaggery every 5 secs?

Bill Clinton was a bad husband and a liar.  His treatment of women is and has been deplorable.  There is no excuse for married men to treat their wives like Bill Clinton did. 

Whataboutism isn’t the defense people think it is. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »
I'm using the example to illustrate a point.  I'm not grading one's racist comments vs the other.  The fact is we are living in a world where Lincoln, Jefferson, and Washington's past are being scrutinized, and their statues toppled. A guy was fired for as the Sacramento Kings broadcaster after 25 yrs for saying "All Lives Matter." 

Again, my whole point is about the vitriol towards Limbaugh vs others who have also said dumb and incendiary things.  There a lot of scumbags out there, that's the bottom line.  If people had this reaction to Clinton or Biden's death they would be banned from social media platforms and canceled completely if possible. 

Limbaugh said some horrible things as did Biden, fine.  But why is it when Biden or Bill Clinton kick the bucket I expect most of you and the media not to say one word about their moral behavior not to mention tweet about their douchebaggery every 5 secs?

Please find me one example of someone who has been banned from social media for saying a certain democrat was a bad human being.

For a bunch of people who like to throw terms like “snowflake” around, conservatives sure do love playing the victim card.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »
Please find me one example of someone who has been banned from social media for saying a certain democrat was a bad human being.

For a bunch of people who like to throw terms like “snowflake” around, conservatives sure do love playing the victim card.

I think it goes well beyond saying he was a bad human being but I don't understand the obsession with this at all.  When Clinton and Biden die I have no interest going on social media and exclaming how morally horrible they were. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »

If you’re going to bring this intellectual lightweight bullsh*t here (duh mediah iz BIASED and social media CANCELS conservatives!!!) go back to Dodds’s board and hang with dimwits over there.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »

If you’re going to bring this intellectual lightweight bullsh*t here (duh mediah iz BIASED and social media CANCELS conservatives!!!) go back to Dodds’s board and hang with dimwits over there.
Stick with Scoop Muggsy. Many of us like your opinions.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:17 PM »
Why don't you just admit there is hypocrisy with regards to this subject?  Will you have the passion over how much over of a fkbag Bill Clinton was when he dies like you do Rush Limbaugh?  Your're more upset with me pointing out the hypocrisy than you are with scumbags like Epstein.  Don't you think Clinton and Trump should be investigated in the Epstein matter? 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:42:11 PM by MuggsyB »

• All American
« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2021, 08:46:04 PM »
Why don't you just admit there is hypocrisy with regards to this subject?  Will you have the passion over how much over of a fkbag Bill Clinton was when he dies like you do Rush Limbaugh?  Your more upset with me pointing out the hypocrisy than you are with scumbags like Epstein.  Don't you think Clinton and Trump should be investigated in the Epstein matter? 

I’m not upset with you Muggs. Because I know the supposed “hypocrisy” exists only in your mind. The truth is pretty obvious, and you are making false equivalencies to make yourself feel better.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:59 PM »
Why don't you just admit there is hypocrisy with regards to this subject?  Will you have the passion over how much over of a fkbag Bill Clinton was when he dies like you do Rush Limbaugh?  Your're more upset with me pointing out the hypocrisy than you are with scumbags like Epstein.  Don't you think Clinton and Trump should be investigated in the Epstein matter?

That’s some good whataboutism to deflect from the fact Rush Limbaugh was a trash human being who did far more harm than good.  If it makes you feel good, go for it.  As they say, facts don’t care about your feelings

• All American
« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2021, 09:00:32 PM »
That’s some good whataboutism to deflect from the fact Rush Limbaugh was a trash human being who did far more harm than good.  If it makes you feel good, go for it.  As they say, facts don’t care about your feelings

Yep yep. Pretty soon he’ll be bring up something Adlai Stevenson said in high school or something.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2021, 09:06:54 PM »
Stick with Scoop Muggsy. Many of us like your opinions.

Yep.

Maybe we should have a push up contest.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2021, 09:08:57 PM »
I’m not upset with you Muggs. Because I know the supposed “hypocrisy” exists only in your mind. The truth is pretty obvious, and you are making false equivalencies to make yourself feel better.

There's total hypocrisy on both sides.  Maybe this is a better example FBM:

The Dem media basically labeled Trump as a murderer for his COVID-19 polices.

Right leaning media almost never criticized him about anything COVID related.

Now that this Cuomo nursing home story is coming out Fox and the right have called him a murderer while at the same time Left leaning media has done everything possible not to report the story..

There is constant hypocrisy on both sides on subject, after subject, after subject.  There is no analysis, on any event or subject, other than doing everything humanly possible to support your political agenda and ideology.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #311 on: February 20, 2021, 09:10:35 PM »
There's total hypocrisy on both sides.  Maybe this is a better example FBM:

The Dem media basically labeled Trump as a murderer for his COVID-19 polices.

Right leaning media almost never criticized him about anything COVID related.

Now that this Cuomo nursing home story is coming out Fox and the right have called him a murderer while at the same time Left leaning media has done everything possible not to report the story..

There is constant hypocrisy on both sides on subject, after subject, after subject.  There is no analysis, on any event or subject, other than doing everything humanly possible to support your political agenda and ideology.

None of that changes the fact Rush Limbaugh was a bad person

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2021, 09:12:43 PM »
Like the King of Pop.  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #313 on: February 20, 2021, 09:16:46 PM »
I'm not grading one's racist comments vs the other.

I think this is where you are running into trouble Mugsy. Grade of racism matters. Limbaugh's comments were far worse than any of the comparisons you have tried to make. This makes him more worthy of vitriol. Not only that but that the racism is THE thing Limbaugh was known for. Washington, Lincoln, Biden, were known for a lot of other accomplishments besides racism.

The fact is we are living in a world where Lincoln, Jefferson, and Washington's past are being scrutinized, and their statues toppled.

Honest question, have any statues of Lincoln, Jefferson, and Washington actually been toppled? I've heard a lot of people worry that they will be toppled but can't think of an example where it actually happened. Jefferson I could theoretically believe (wouldn't agree with) but Washington and Lincoln would be crazy.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2021, 09:18:39 PM »
There's total hypocrisy on both sides.

Lol. Ok. So now it’s BOTH SIDES.

So what exactly is the point? 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:17 PM »
Lol. Ok. So now it’s BOTH SIDES.

So what exactly is the point?

That the overall venom and hatred  towards Limbaugh from the Left is completely hypocritical and  has to do with his politics. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »
I think it goes well beyond saying he was a bad human being but I don't understand the obsession with this at all.  When Clinton and Biden die I have no interest going on social media and exclaming how morally horrible they were.

Your equating Biden's statements with those of Limbaugh is disingenuous at best, and frankly absurd. Here is the difference. Limbaugh was a lifelong racist who peddled in hate. He made his living spreading hate and causing division. As I said, that doesn't change the fact that he has family that is mourning, and I care for them.

Now, let's look at Biden's "questionable" statements. Most are examples of him equating being poor, or being from rough backgrounds as synonymous with being a minority. While prejudicial, on its own it is not hateful.

Now, lets go beyond the initial "prejudicial" statements. They all come in the context of him recognizing historic disadvantages our nation's racist actions have placed upon people of color, and also in the context of him spending a lifetime trying to pass legislation that would help people who were historically ill-treated, and repressed because of the color of their skin.

Even bills like the 1994 crime act, that did hurt minorities in the end, was passed with good intentions. An honest examination of the bill would show anyone who actually cares to think, that it was people downstream who used the language of the bill in ways he/they did not intend. He has even apologized for it. Sometimes bills do not end up doing what was intended.

In the words of Lindsey Graham "Joe Biden is as good a man as god ever created."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2021, 09:52:44 PM »
That the overall venom and hatred  towards Limbaugh from the Left is completely hypocritical and  has to do with his politics.

So no one can have a negative opinion of Rush unless they're on the Right already?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2021, 10:12:02 PM »
So no one can have a negative opinion of Rush unless they're on the Right already?

Not at all.  I make a distinction between a negative opinion and some of the outrage.  But whatever.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2021, 10:17:22 PM »
Not at all.  I make a distinction between a negative opinion and some of the outrage.  But whatever.

But that's not what you just said

And that's also not the position you've been purporting

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2021, 10:21:41 PM »
But that's not what you just said

And that's also not the position you've been purporting

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I was just pointing out the hypocrisy by citing various examples. 

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2021, 10:26:59 PM »
People like Rush Limbaugh count on The Tribe to make their money, to increase their power, to enable and condone without accountability. All of the vile hateful words and actions don't matter to the tribe. Tribe gonna Tribe:

"Lacking trust in themselves this person deals with the passion of fear and its related anxiety by relying on abstract reason or a specific ideology as an impersonal frame of reference. They find safety by relying on authorities."

"In coping with anxiety, this person consults the guidelines associated with whatever authority they adhere to. They focus on knowing what the benchmark is and on obeying the rules of the game. They feel a need to know all the points of reference-what the party line is, who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are."

"They fear the disapproval of authorities and believe the way to be safe is to do the right thing as determined by an authority. And knowing what the right thing is means having clear rules that tell you how you should think and act. This orientation has the effect of developing the philosophical mind, because when you don't know how you should live-when you don't trust your intuition or your human sense of life to guide you-you have to become very intellectual. But this sense of duty also becomes a way to structure your life: someone gives you the rules, and you follow them."

"They look for a good authority in life as a way of finding security. Total submission and obedience to authority (and the rules associated with authority) helps them feel safe in the world. Choosing the wrong authority can be a problem. Instead of believing in the person who is right, they tend to believe in people who speak as if they were right, and who have the special gift of making themselves believed."

"It is someone who, in defense against the insecurity associated with not being sure, becomes too sure. They can-in the extreme-become "true believers" or fanatics."

"This is a character who holds tight to ideologies and a particular view of things as a way of feeling safe."

"They have an intolerance of ambiguity. They fear ambivalence and have little tolerance of uncertainty, because to them, uncertainty equals anxiety. As a result, they have a love of precision and see things more in terms of black and white than gray."

"They both fear making a mistake and long for certainties: a person with the subtype "wants to be talked to in a certain manner so that he or she may feel that the speaker knows, the speaker is right."

"As a result of being so much in their heads, they don't have very much contact with the instincts or their intuition."

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:28:54 PM by shoothoops »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2021, 10:31:09 PM »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion I was just pointing out the hypocrisy by citing various examples.

Is there a non-hypocritical negative opinion of Rush by someone? Is that possible?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2021, 10:39:16 PM »
Is there a non-hypocritical negative opinion of Rush by someone? Is that possible?

Of course but the negative opinion is a running narrative of his so called moral character.  It's not about anything else.  I get it, he said a lot of disturbing things and should burn in hell.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:42:40 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2021, 11:06:26 PM »
I get it, he said a lot of disturbing things and should burn in hell.

There ya go. That wasn't difficult!

Just havin' some fun, Muggs. Glad you're a Scooper now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback