[Today at 12:33:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32921 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2021, 05:32:26 PM »
So he's never said racist things or had anything to do with the 1994 crime bill?  Got it.  Maybe insinuating that black voters are monolithic, or should be,  isn't the greatest way to elucidate whatever point you are trying to make.  Yes or no?   Has Biden repeatedly said idiotic and racist things?   Your argument is literally analogous to saying:  why did suburban women vote for Trump over Hilary if he was not in fact a woman?
Muggs, if he's only watching MSNBC or CNN he's never seen the things you're talking about.  That's why I said not covering stories that are damaging to the left is lying to the public and misleading.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »
So he's never said racist things or had anything to do with the 1994 crime bill?  Got it.  Maybe insinuating that black voters are monolithic, or should be,  isn't the greatest way to elucidate whatever point you are trying to make.  Yes or no?   Has Biden repeatedly said idiotic and racist things?   Your argument is literally analogous to saying:  why did suburban women vote for Trump over Hilary if he was not in fact a woman?

Dude you are comparing Biden, a guy who clearly has said and done things he has stated he regrets, to Rush, an unrepentant piece of sh*t til the end.

If that makes you rationalize why you liked the guy, and you need that to feel good about yourself, that’s fine. But when I see the two, I see one person who grew and evolved, and another who did not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2021, 05:39:42 PM »
Dude you are comparing Biden, a guy who clearly has said and done things he has stated he regrets, to Rush, an unrepentant piece of sh*t til the end.

If that makes you rationalize why you liked the guy, and you need that to feel good about yourself, that’s fine. But when I see the two, I see one person who grew and evolved, and another who did not.
Assuming you mean that Biden is the one "who grew and evolved", then why does he continue saying racist things, including over the last year and a half?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:45:40 PM by Lighthouse 84 »

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2021, 05:48:10 PM »
Scoop: Rush worked with a black man! He’s not racist!

Also Scoop: Biden is so racist!

Did Biden ever work with a black man? Maybe a black woman? Can’t recall...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:50:14 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2021, 05:49:42 PM »
Muggs, if he's only watching MSNBC or CNN he's never seen the things you're talking about.  That's why I said not covering stories that are damaging to the left is lying to the public and misleading.

Anyone only getting their news via one of the cable news channels is missing a lot. 

I’m not surprised people don’t understand before TV, newspapers were left or right as well.  If you didn’t read both, you didn’t get “the whole story”.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2021, 05:50:54 PM »
Assuming you mean that Biden is the one "who grew and evolved", then why does he continue saying racist things, including over the last year and a half?

No.  I'm making the point of hypocrisy.  And you're right there is no comparison because Limbaugh was an entertainer and Biden is President and has been in public office for like 50 yrs.  My point is to be philosophically consistent and rip on their words with the same venom.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »
Biden is such a racist that the only Black president in history chose him as VP, that a Black congressman from South Carolina enthusiastically endorsed him (thereby saving Biden's presidential campaign), that he selected a Black woman as his running mate, that he won the presidency because Black voters overwhelmingly supported him, and that he has appointed a record number of people of color for his administration.

What a racist! If only he could be more like the noble, color-blind, open-minded Rush Limbaugh.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2021, 06:11:24 PM »
Biden is such a racist that the only Black president in history chose him as VP, that a Black congressman from South Carolina enthusiastically endorsed him (thereby saving Biden's presidential campaign), that he selected a Black woman as his running mate, that he won the presidency because Black voters overwhelmingly supported him, and that he has appointed a record number of people of color for his administration.

What a racist! If only he could be more like the noble, color-blind, open-minded Rush Limbaugh.

Right.  He's never said idiotic or racist things or did a Eulogy and was friends with a  former KKK liaison. I stand corrected.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2021, 06:15:59 PM »
Just in the last year and a half:

September 2020: "They're saying, 'Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf,'"

May 2020: “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black”

August 2019: “poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.”

June 2019: "We've got to recognize that the kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger"

Not to mention from earlier in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETn2rpuGMt8&feature=youtu.be

But move along.  Nothing to see here.

Like Muggsy said, just admit the hypocrisy. 

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2021, 06:22:27 PM »
Such a racist. Those dopey statements "prove" it. So if Black folks voted for Biden by the tens of millions, how much of a racist must his opponent have been? Or are y'all saying that Black people are too stoopid to know who the real racists are?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2021, 06:25:22 PM »
No.  I'm making the point of hypocrisy.  And you're right there is no comparison because Limbaugh was an entertainer and Biden is President and has been in public office for like 50 yrs.  My point is to be philosophically consistent and rip on their words with the same venom.

The things Biden said are terrible.
But the key difference here is that Biden has admitted the things he said are terrible, apologized and has worked to rectify it.
El Rushbo not only never apologized, but defended the awful things he said to his dying day.

Since you brought up the '94 crime bill as evidence Biden is racist, you must also believe the other 94 senators who voted for it are racist as well. That list includes Bob Dole, Trent Lott, Orrin Hatch, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Dan Coats, John Danforth, Alan Simpson and most racist of them all, Carol Moseley-Braun.
Or maybe they're not racist at all, and just overreacted to a surge in crime with a crappy piece of legislation.

As for the eulogy ... Robert Byrd disavowed the KKK decades before his death and championed more progressive polices later in life. But if Biden is racist for speaking at his funeral, then so is Barack Obama and Mitch McConnell.
Or again, maybe you're offering a really stupid way of measuring whether someone is racist.

It seems odd you're unwilling to allow redemption for those who apologize, make amends and seek forgiveness, but defend the record of someone who does none of the above.
I wonder why.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2021, 06:27:24 PM »
Just in the last year and a half:

September 2020: "They're saying, 'Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf,'" 

May 2020: “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black”

August 2019: “poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.”

June 2019: "We've got to recognize that the kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger"

Not to mention from earlier in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETn2rpuGMt8&feature=youtu.be

But move along.  Nothing to see here.

Like Muggsy said, just admit the hypocrisy.

Not racist.
Not racist.
Partial quote (why didn't you include the full quote?)
Not racist.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2021, 06:37:07 PM »
Such a racist. Those dopey statements "prove" it. So if Black folks voted for Biden by the tens of millions, how much of a racist must his opponent have been? Or are y'all saying that Black people are too stoopid to know who the real racists are?

I respect your views MU82, but I don't think your looking at this comprehensively.  First of all, WTH does Obama being black have anything to do with Biden"s comments over the years?  Additionally, why are you making the assumption that specific groups think or vote solely as a monolith?  And in Biden's case it's sone sort of proof that he has not said racist things?   Did every homosexual vote for Buttigeg in the Dem primary? Or Jew vote for Bernie? 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »
The things Biden said are terrible.
But the key difference here is that Biden has admitted the things he said are terrible, apologized and has worked to rectify it.
El Rushbo not only never apologized, but defended the awful things he said to his dying day.

Since you brought up the '94 crime bill as evidence Biden is racist, you must also believe the other 94 senators who voted for it are racist as well. That list includes Bob Dole, Trent Lott, Orrin Hatch, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Dan Coats, John Danforth, Alan Simpson and most racist of them all, Carol Moseley-Braun.
Or maybe they're not racist at all, and just overreacted to a surge in crime with a crappy piece of legislation.

As for the eulogy ... Robert Byrd disavowed the KKK decades before his death and championed more progressive polices later in life. But if Biden is racist for speaking at his funeral, then so is Barack Obama and Mitch McConnell.
Or again, maybe you're offering a really stupid way of measuring whether someone is racist.

It seems odd you're unwilling to allow redemption for those who apologize, make amends and seek forgiveness, but defend the record of someone who does none of the above.
I wonder why.

Right, because if a Republican apologized for all the stupid things Biden has said, or was a friend of a former KKK chapter leader the media would be totally cool with it.  Let me be clear I'm not saying Biden is a racist , but he has uttered a myriad of statements that are dumb and prejudicial.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2021, 06:47:00 PM »

Sigh...sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2021, 06:47:42 PM »
Right, because if a Republican apologized for all the stupid things Biden has said, or was a friend of a former KKK chapter leader the media would be totally cool with it.  Let me be clear I'm not saying Biden is a racist , but he has uttered a myriad of statements that are dumb and prejudicial.

If Biden has "said more asinine and belittling comments regarding race than anyone known to man" (your words...and absolutely absurd words at that) then how is he not a racist?  Are you of the opinion that no man has ever been a racist in the history of mankind?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2021, 07:02:13 PM »
I respect your views MU82, but I don't think your looking at this comprehensively.  First of all, WTH does Obama being black have anything to do with Biden"s comments over the years?  Additionally, why are you making the assumption that specific groups think or vote solely as a monolith?  And in Biden's case it's sone sort of proof that he has not said racist things?   Did every homosexual vote for Buttigeg in the Dem primary? Or Jew vote for Bernie?

Limbaugh fans, rather than admitting their guy was a horrible, racist human being, knew they couldn’t really defend the indefensible. So some tried a heaping helping of false equivalence and whataboutism.

“Biden’s a racist too!”

Well, IMHO, unlike Limbaugh’s body of work, Biden’s body of work suggests otherwise.

No, Blacks are not a “monolith” - but they did for all intents and purposes vote as a monolith in 2020. And we know who they voted for - the non-racist.

I like you Muggs, and I’m glad you’re a Scooper, but there is nothing hypocritical about calling out Limbaugh’s racism.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2021, 07:11:50 PM »
Scoop: Rush worked with a black man! He’s not racist!

Also Scoop: Biden is so racist!

Did Biden ever work with a black man? Maybe a black woman? Can’t recall...

Perhaps if you had opened your mind to hear and understanding others, you would have tuned into Bo Snerdley's beautiful, heartfelt comments about Rush today on Fox News. Doubt he would have come forward had Rush been the earth's scum as you and others here want everyone to believe. Rush was brilliant, hey?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2021, 07:15:00 PM »

Perhaps if you had opened your mind to hear and understanding others, you would have tuned into Bo Snerdley's beautiful, heartfelt comments about Rush today on Fox News. Doubt he would have come forward had Rush been the earth's scum as you and others here want everyone to believe. Rush was brilliant, hey?

I’ll take Rush for what he let the whole world know he was. And that certainly isn’t a great human.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »
Biden has said problematic things.

Limbaugh has said problematic things.

Limbaugh's things were a lot more problematic than Bidens things.

All these statements are true.

Also,  this is an impressive level of whataboutism, even for scoop
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2021, 07:21:36 PM »
Also,  Al McGuire would have voted for Biden.... after punching Limbaugh in the face.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2021, 07:32:21 PM »

No, he was a garbage human being.  He said terrible things to attract an audience of dopes.  He was good at it because he knew America was full of people with real hate in their hearts.  He was brilliant.  He was brilliant at attracting awful people.  He didn’t believe in conservatism and admitted as much during the Trump era.  At this point, it’s obvious the people still defending him can’t admit what an awful platform he promoted because they know how embarrassing it is. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2021, 07:33:14 PM »
Also,  Al McGuire would have voted for Biden.... after punching Limbaugh in the face.

Yup.  Disagree about the punching Limbaugh part.  He wouldn’t have wasted his time with him.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2021, 07:37:33 PM »
Right.  He's never said idiotic or racist things or did a Eulogy and was friends with a  former KKK liaison. I stand corrected.
You are seriously trying to compare Biden speaking at Bryd's funeral, a guy that had long ago left the Klan, disavowed, and apologized for his errors, to Limbaugh's decades of unrepentant hate? Incredible false equivalency, Chicos level even.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2021, 08:04:50 PM »
You are seriously trying to compare Biden speaking at Bryd's funeral, a guy that had long ago left the Klan, disavowed, and apologized for his errors, to Limbaugh's decades of unrepentant hate? Incredible false equivalency, Chicos level even.

I'm using the example to illustrate a point.  I'm not grading one's racist comments vs the other.  The fact is we are living in a world where Lincoln, Jefferson, and Washington's past are being scrutinized, and their statues toppled. A guy was fired for as the Sacramento Kings broadcaster after 25 yrs for saying "All Lives Matter." 

Again, my whole point is about the vitriol towards Limbaugh vs others who have also said dumb and incendiary things.  There a lot of scumbags out there, that's the bottom line.  If people had this reaction to Clinton or Biden's death they would be banned from social media platforms and canceled completely if possible. 

Limbaugh said some horrible things as did Biden, fine.  But why is it when Biden or Bill Clinton kick the bucket I expect most of you and the media not to say one word about their moral behavior not to mention tweet about their douchebaggery every 5 secs?