[Today at 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32755 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2021, 07:59:31 AM »
No, no teal from me.  My emotions are as valid as yours.  I'm happy that a bad person can no longer cause pain and hurt to others.

Personally, I think it's much more morally contemptible to defend bad people who continually hurt others and show now remorse for hurting others.  The world is a far better place without Rush.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2021, 08:02:30 AM »
I would suggest that many of us in this room need to go back and read Matthew, Chapter 5, verse 39.

Look at it real closely and then reflect on what's been posted in this room.

Doesn't matter whether you are liberal or conservative. Just read it and contemplate it.

Hopefully, it changes the dialogue a bit.

There's a big difference between celebrating, revenge, retaliation, and simply, objectively, stating someone's decades long public record in an emotionless way.

Stating Limbaugh's record, behavior, etc...from a public standpoint matters because of all of the terrible things he said and did. Words matter. Actions matter. It's not a matter of political differences.

I don't see many people that are taking your type of stance here, also, acknowledging specifically all of the terrible things that he said and did and was in his public life. Feel free to add positive things, while also including the many hateful things too.

I will give you a quick example among many. Being racist isn't a political difference.

Rush Limbaugh the public figure, was racist. Many people enabled, condoned, and supported his racist views, behavior, and actions. This caused a lot or harm to a lot of people. See, it's pretty easy to include that, and essential to include that among the countless other things.

I have no celebration, I have no other thoughts other than his longstanding public record, which is as awful as it gets.

It's not okay to explain this away as a shock jock. It's not okay to explain it away that he made money and achieved power from it. It's not okay to say something about his personal life to explain it away.

If someone approached me with thought about his death, I would say, I didn't know him personally. But I would add matter of factly, that for decades publicly, he was hateful, cruel, racist, xenophobic, knowingly spread lies, homoohobic, mysogistic, mocked disabled people, and on and on every day. You are what your record says you are. And he left a lot of damage out there.

No retaliation. No revenge. No revisionist history either. It isn't for every person of a different political view. It isn't about politics. Just matter of factly stating his public record for decades.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:30:34 AM by shoothoops »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2021, 08:08:14 AM »
No, no teal from me.  My emotions are as valid as yours.  I'm happy that a bad person can no longer cause pain and hurt to others.

Personally, I think it's much more morally contemptible to defend bad people who continually hurt others and show now remorse for hurting others.  The world is a far better place without Rush.

The facts don’t care about your feelings crowd are twisting in the wind
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2021, 08:20:26 AM »
I mean, the Venn diagram of the pearl clutchers who are going on about how awful it is that people are celebrating Rush's death, and those who voted for a candidate who engaged in the morally reprehensible family separation immigration policy are pretty much overlapping circles.

So maybe people need to just need to work on being better themselves, and not so concerned with what others are doing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2021, 08:40:56 AM »
It was right and necessary that he was taken out. But just because you recognized that something awful (taking someone’s life) has to be done doesn’t mean it should be a cause for glee.

OBL was a mass murderer who, had he not been killed, would have continued to plan, incite and bankroll the murder of countless others.
His death was cause for glee. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2021, 08:44:20 AM »
I mean, the Venn diagram of the pearl clutchers who are going on about how awful it is that people are celebrating Rush's death, and those who voted for a candidate who engaged in the morally reprehensible family separation immigration policy are pretty much overlapping circles.

So maybe people need to just need to work on being better themselves, and not so concerned with what others are doing.

Many of the people tsk tsking others for not properly mourning the death of El Rushbo seem to be the same ones who choke on the words "black lives matter" and love to mention that George Floyd had a criminal record or Breonna Taylor once dated a drug dealer.

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2021, 08:54:55 AM »
Many of the people tsk tsking others for not properly mourning the death of El Rushbo seem to be the same ones who choke on the words "black lives matter" and love to mention that George Floyd had a criminal record or Breonna Taylor once dated a drug dealer.

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2021, 09:07:29 AM »

"bad people"??  morally contemptible??   so by your shallow definition, pretty much anyone who dies i'm sure had hurt someone in their lives...this could essentially cover just about everyone.  so so lazy thinking.  you aren't as astute and philosophically as important as you think...how about we just reel it in  father hards and learn to love and forgive and leave alone.  i'm not saying you need to love jeff dahmer and adolph hitler, just reel it in.  oh the hurt and the pain rush has delivered??  give me a break. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
"bad people"??  morally contemptible??   so by your shallow definition, pretty much anyone who dies i'm sure had hurt someone in their lives...this could essentially cover just about everyone.  so so lazy thinking.  you aren't as astute and philosophically as important as you think...how about we just reel it in  father hards and learn to love and forgive and leave alone.  i'm not saying you need to love jeff dahmer and adolph hitler, just reel it in.  oh the hurt and the pain rush has delivered??  give me a break.

You ever hear the saying that it is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're stupid rather than to open it and remove all doubt?

I know I rustle your jimmies all day, every day, but I can't imagine the mental back flips you have to perform on a daily basis just to get through the day without your head exploding.

Let's just be clear.  I don't value your opinion.  At least with some of these other guys, they make coherent arguments, and I can respect their thought process and disagree with them.  You just ramble on like its your fifth drink at the bar and then expect me to take you seriously.  I understand more and more everyday the person you are, and the alternative reality you must live in.  Best of luck.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2021, 09:17:26 AM »
  i have listened to rush for 30 years and never realized that bo snerdley was black??  it didn't matter, as it shouldn't, but did anyone tell that racist rush this too? 

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2021, 09:21:29 AM »
  i have listened to rush for 30 years

Shocking.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2021, 09:23:11 AM »
  i have listened to rush for 30 years and never realized that bo snerdley was black??  it didn't matter, as it shouldn't, but did anyone tell that racist rush this too? 

I was shocked to see that. I had no idea.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2021, 09:25:20 AM »

This is a great self-own
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »
You ever hear the saying that it is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're stupid rather than to open it and remove all doubt?

I know I rustle your jimmies all day, every day, but I can't imagine the mental back flips you have to perform on a daily basis just to get through the day without your head exploding.

Let's just be clear.  I don't value your opinion.  At least with some of these other guys, they make coherent arguments, and I can respect their thought process and disagree with them.  You just ramble on like its your fifth drink at the bar and then expect me to take you seriously.  I understand more and more everyday the person you are, and the alternative reality you must live in.  Best of luck.

you really are full of yourself?  please don't give yourself so much credit, but thank you for validating my viewpoints.  you had to be one of those "front row' brown noser's we in the backrow would throw spitballs at...us mean spirited, morally vacuous ones

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2021, 09:27:50 AM »
Yup.  Cannot be racist if you work with a black person.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2021, 09:30:47 AM »

"I can't be racist... I hired a black guy to work for me" is the even lamer version of "I can't be racist... I have a black friend."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »
you really are full of yourself?  please don't give yourself so much credit, but thank you for validating my viewpoints.  you had to be one of those "front row' brown noser's we in the backrow would throw spitballs at...us mean spirited, morally vacuous ones

Do I seem like the kid that sat in the front row?  lmao.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:00 AM »

Celebrating death is indefensible.

Making false equivalencies and violating your own edict from paragraph 2 in paragraph 1 is ironic. But I guess it’s OK for the enlightened to be concerned about what others are doing.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2021, 10:44:40 AM »
Yup.  Cannot be racist if you work with a black person.
Definitely a proven fact
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2021, 11:07:03 AM »
Celebrating death is indefensible.

Making false equivalencies and violating your own edict from paragraph 2 in paragraph 1 is ironic. But I guess it’s OK for the enlightened to be concerned about what others are doing.

You probably should have a better understanding of what "false equivalence" means.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2021, 12:03:29 PM »
There's a big difference between celebrating, revenge, retaliation, and simply, objectively, stating someone's decades long public record in an emotionless way.

Stating Limbaugh's record, behavior, etc...from a public standpoint matters because of all of the terrible things he said and did. Words matter. Actions matter. It's not a matter of political differences.

I don't see many people that are taking your type of stance here, also, acknowledging specifically all of the terrible things that he said and did and was in his public life. Feel free to add positive things, while also including the many hateful things too.

I will give you a quick example among many. Being racist isn't a political difference.

Rush Limbaugh the public figure, was racist. Many people enabled, condoned, and supported his racist views, behavior, and actions. This caused a lot or harm to a lot of people. See, it's pretty easy to include that, and essential to include that among the countless other things.

I have no celebration, I have no other thoughts other than his longstanding public record, which is as awful as it gets.

It's not okay to explain this away as a shock jock. It's not okay to explain it away that he made money and achieved power from it. It's not okay to say something about his personal life to explain it away.

If someone approached me with thought about his death, I would say, I didn't know him personally. But I would add matter of factly, that for decades publicly, he was hateful, cruel, racist, xenophobic, knowingly spread lies, homoohobic, mysogistic, mocked disabled people, and on and on every day. You are what your record says you are. And he left a lot of damage out there.

No retaliation. No revenge. No revisionist history either. It isn't for every person of a different political view. It isn't about politics. Just matter of factly stating his public record for decades.

Well said. IMHO, the best post in this thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2021, 12:06:01 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

Appreciated.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »

Seconded, very well stated.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback