[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID and Mental Health  (Read 4652 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: COVID and Mental Health
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 11:42:29 AM »
  so covid has had little to no affect on mental illness?  it's just being noticed more?  if this is your stance, i couldn't disagree more.  covid has directly created, revealed and exacerbated mental illness issues.  i believe a vast majority of people have a limit to their coping mechanisms.  they can normally navigate between the lines of acceptable behavior within a wide range of detrimental situations.  covid pushed many beyond that limit and our "leaders" or "experts" seemed to ignore/disregard the importance of this in favor of control.   

as you all know, i'm a limited government guy, but i believe with all the money flying out of the coffers, we/government can do better with regards to mental health. 

covid has definitely played a big role in not just revealing underlying, preexisting weaknesses, but pushed people backwards.  there have been many people in the middle of some sort of mental illness treatments that changed drastically as a result of covid restrictions.  there may have been quite possibly some insidious issues that came to light due to covid.  would they have been revealed otherwise?  doesn't matter.  they unfortunately came to fruition in a bad way.  relapse, overdoses, suicides, crime...could some of this been reduced?  social workers, therapists, psychologists need to be valued in proportion to the problems they face

i have said this before covid and more especially during the opiate crisis-we need more mental health care resources.  our government can do better helping the healthcare sector of mental illness.  facilities and personnel are vastly under financed.  it is a tough tough field as the rate of recidivism is not good.  it is a field i myself could not engage in as i personally like to see a better rate of return in what i do.  if we look to set it up a system with tiers of successes and financed as such, we could do better.  at some point however, the reality is that there are some who just cannot function safely in our society.  who is to say where that line is drawn?   

well said (not sarcasm)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 02:18:56 PM »

i have said this before covid and more especially during the opiate crisis-we need more mental health care resources.  our government can do better helping the healthcare sector of mental illness.  facilities and personnel are vastly under financed.  it is a tough tough field as the rate of recidivism is not good.  it is a field i myself could not engage in as i personally like to see a better rate of return in what i do.  if we look to set it up a system with tiers of successes and financed as such, we could do better.  at some point however, the reality is that there are some who just cannot function safely in our society.  who is to say where that line is drawn?   

Totally agree, rocket!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 03:55:35 PM »
Taylor had donated his $1m+ salary and bonus to his restaurant employees last year.

Wow, that’s amazing.

Makes his ultimate ending even sadder.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback