[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee Wedding Venue question  (Read 1965 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Milwaukee Wedding Venue question
« on: February 04, 2021, 11:39:56 AM »
Anyone been to the Miller Room and have suggestions on their food? Or just eaten Zilli catering for a corporate event and had something really standout?

They aren't doing tastings (Covid) so we're stuck picking things out by how they sound so if anyone has experience with their food I'd appreciate some references.

Edit: this was supposed to be Superbar my bad
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:03:59 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
Re: Milwaukee Wedding Venue question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 11:44:24 AM »
SUPERBAR!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 11:45:26 AM »
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 11:47:17 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

copious1218

• All American
Re: Superbar: Milwaukee Wedding Venue question
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 03:52:08 PM »
Miller Room - No, but we used Zilli at the Coast Restaurant in 2011.  I sent you a PM.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Superbar: Milwaukee Wedding Venue question
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 04:03:24 PM »
Miller Room - No, but we used Zilli at the Coast Restaurant in 2011.  I sent you a PM.

Received thanks!
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 04:19:01 PM »
Elope.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
Elope.

Weddings are fun, but sweet jesus they are a colossal waste of money.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
Weddings are fun, but sweet jesus they are a colossal waste of money.

Agree.  And it's insane that the advice for brides/grooms is to *not* tell the service provider it's a wedding because once they hear that word they jack up their prices.

I wonder .. you gotta figure the wedding industry has been decimated with COVID. 

Found an article .. Marriages were down 33% in FL, but down only 10% in AZ.  Odd range.  And I'm surprised so many went forward, knowing a huge chunk opted not to have large ceremonies/parties.  (And a huge chunk did anyway.)

I wonder if there is pent-up demand, like the summer of 2022 will be a wedding bonanza.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 08:43:42 AM »
Agree.  And it's insane that the advice for brides/grooms is to *not* tell the service provider it's a wedding because once they hear that word they jack up their prices.

I wonder .. you gotta figure the wedding industry has been decimated with COVID. 

Found an article .. Marriages were down 33% in FL, but down only 10% in AZ.  Odd range.  And I'm surprised so many went forward, knowing a huge chunk opted not to have large ceremonies/parties.  (And a huge chunk did anyway.)

I wonder if there is pent-up demand, like the summer of 2022 will be a wedding bonanza.

That's why we booked a year and a half out.

Elope.

I wanted Scotland or Ireland as a destination till we realized I actually have as much family there that'd come.

Personally just wanted immediate family and best friends. With her dad being 1/11 my mom 1/6 and dad being 1/9 and a million cousins per side the price skyrockets real quick fml.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
That's why we booked a year and a half out.

I wanted Scotland or Ireland as a destination till we realized I actually have as much family there that'd come.

Personally just wanted immediate family and best friends. With her dad being 1/11 my mom 1/6 and dad being 1/9 and a million cousins per side the price skyrockets real quick fml.

They can invite all of those people if they're paying.  Personally, I'd stand firm and invite a smaller crowd that is more fun.  If these are people you'd see every year and are close with then go for it.  I've been a TON of weddings, and the one's that were the biggest had a lot of older family that attended.  They showed up, ate some food, said hi and left.  Did they want to be there?  Did they feel like they HAD to attend or be judged?  And then by 9 or 10 the venue feels really empty and when the dance floor is empty you really notice.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 09:19:37 AM »
They can invite all of those people if they're paying.  Personally, I'd stand firm and invite a smaller crowd that is more fun.  If these are people you'd see every year and are close with then go for it.  I've been a TON of weddings, and the one's that were the biggest had a lot of older family that attended.  They showed up, ate some food, said hi and left.  Did they want to be there?  Did they feel like they HAD to attend or be judged?  And then by 9 or 10 the venue feels really empty and when the dance floor is empty you really notice.

Yeah agree 100% just not how neither of our family politics work out  :( plus if I can register for a new kitchen or bathroom then worth it.

On the bright side copius1218 had some great reviews for the food so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 09:24:04 AM »
Some of the best wedding plans I have seen, have been when the couple gets married on their own, and, later, throws a casual party for family and friends. These have been the most fun and have had the best memories in my experience.

feedback