[Today at 07:43:43 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:05:12 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ Carton, Justin Lewis, Dawson Garcia: How many transfer?  (Read 27473 times)

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: DJ Carton, Justin Lewis, Dawson Garcia: How many transfer?
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2021, 08:58:50 PM »
Are you f’ing kidding me?  A top 10 team?  That’s one of the more irrational things I have ever heard.
After the Creighton win that's what I said. The team looked good, obviously there is talent, they had just defeated two highly ranked teams. That's not an irrational thing to say at that point at all, so settle down on the attacks. What the hell is wrong with you.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »
Are you f’ing kidding me?  A top 10 team?  That’s one of the more irrational things I have ever heard.

Akanno is -150 for NPOY next year at my sports book

panda

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
I get what you’re saying, but we have nothing behind those three guys.

Elliott would be a senior and he is not a contributor.

Torrence is way over his head.

Akanno and Oso can’t even get off the bench.

Perez? Who knows with him. It’s a bizarre situation.

Then the freshmen coming in - Again total question marks.

*edit - And the coach stays. Anyone expecting different results is searching for fools gold.

It ain’t getting much better than this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:08:52 PM by panda »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2021, 09:05:14 PM »
After the Creighton win that's what I said. The team looked good, obviously there is talent, they had just defeated two highly ranked teams. That's not an irrational thing to say at that point at all, so settle down on the attacks. What the hell is wrong with you.
Nothing is wrong with me. The core of this team stays, we are probably not much better next year because beyond that core, we have a bunch of nothing.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
Nothing is wrong with me. The core of this team stays, we are probably not much better next year because beyond that core, we have a bunch of nothing.
Of course, that's now. The team looked pretty damn good after that Creighton win didnt they. What has happened since then of course changes the outlook now, but there was quite a bit of optimism at that time.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2021, 09:15:34 PM »
I get what you’re saying, but we have nothing behind those three guys.

Elliott would be a senior and he is not a contributor.

Torrence is way over his head.

Akanno and Oso can’t even get off the bench.

Perez? Who knows with him. It’s a bizarre situation.

Then the freshmen coming in - Again total question marks.

*edit - And the coach stays. Anyone expecting different results is searching for fools gold.

It ain’t getting much better than this.

Fair points and I generally agree with you.  This whole thing is like a combination of a massive migraine and a root canal.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:04:27 PM by MuggsyB »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2021, 09:15:45 PM »
Of course, that's now. The team looked pretty damn good after that Creighton win didnt they. What has happened since then of course changes the outlook now, but there was quite a bit of optimism at that time.
No that was then too.  The roster today is the same as the roster the day we beat Creighton.

Look, I was optimistic earlier this year too so I get it. But it’s become crystal clear that next year is going to look like this year or more likely worse.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2021, 09:18:47 PM »
No that was then too.  The roster today is the same as the roster the day we beat Creighton.

Look, I was optimistic earlier this year too so I get it. But it’s become crystal clear that next year is going to look like this year or more likely worse.
You said it "it's become crystal clear" no, it wasnt then.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2021, 10:07:50 PM »
Because just maybe the core develops going into next year and they take another step up?

And the chances of that happening? We’ll be thin on the front court and losing experience in the backcourt.
With essentially one senior and no experienced juniors, we will hear time and time again that the team is young.
And all that assumes no transfers out. Care to wager on that not happening?
I’ve seen this movie before and don’t like the ending.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »
Carton will try to go pro.

I think Garcia stays and Lewis transfers.

Carton has not been a very good college player - nowhere near ready to move up.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2021, 10:17:26 PM »
Transfer? My guess is none. Carton I expect to go pro but hope he won't. Garcia may go pro but I think he comes back. Lewis isn't going anywhere.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2021, 10:18:11 PM »
Carton has not been a very good college player - nowhere near ready to move up.
Do you remember Brendan Bailey?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2021, 10:20:13 PM »
Do you remember Brendan Bailey?

All-timer, hey?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »
If Wojo returns, I think all three would be back. They'd all start and get 30-35 minutes per game, they'd all have carte blanche, and they appear to genuinely like Wojo, Killings and the rest of the coaches.

If Wojo gets canned or moves on, the rebuild officially starts. Any or all of them could leave. I am not saying it shouldn't happen. In fact, I'm saying the opposite.

I'd fire Wojo today, make Killings the interim coach and get a head start on the search.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BigWilly77

• Walk-On
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2021, 11:21:02 PM »
This is absolutely disgusting that we are even talking about this. Why can’t we give these players and this team some respect?!? Is that too much to ask?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
This is absolutely disgusting that we are even talking about this. Why can’t we give these players and this team some respect?!? Is that too much to ask?

It is a fair topic, and one that can be discussed respectfully. For example, what about my post (directly above your comment) is disrespectful?

Agree that nobody should be ripping these young men who give so much of their time and sweat to entertain us and who represent our alma mater with class, but I'm not seeing a lot of that here thankfully.

BigWilly77

• Walk-On
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2021, 11:50:09 PM »
It is a fair topic, and one that can be discussed respectfully. For example, what about my post (directly above your comment) is disrespectful?

More talking about the overall topic of which players will transfer and whether or not the coach should be retained. What about the future recruits? All of this talk is a stain on our reputation. It looks bad to recruits, the conference, the tv partners, etc. Who is going to want to come to our program/ partner with us if the fans are so disrespectful?

Support what we have right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2021, 11:54:03 PM »
More talking about the overall topic of which players will transfer and whether or not the coach should be retained. What about the future recruits? All of this talk is a stain on our reputation. It looks bad to recruits, the conference, the tv partners, etc. Who is going to want to come to our program/ partner with us if the fans are so disrespectful?

Support what we have right now.

I like your tone and your mission, my friend, but that's simply not realistic.

Every school's basketball fanboard vents frustration when things aren't going well. Players, recruits and their parents should stay far, far away.

And the coach definitely is fair game. He is well-paid and his job is to win basketball games.

Have a good night.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2021, 12:02:49 AM »

Every school's basketball fanboard vents frustration when things aren't going well. Players, recruits and their parents should stay far, far away.

And the coach definitely is fair game. He is well-paid and his job is to win basketball games.

Have a good night.
NONE OF THEM!!

THEY CAN GO TO THE FINAL FOUR NEXT YEAR! STAY WHERE YOU ARE! WRITE THIS YEAR OFF....AND RELAX!~

They are just fine! Run it back, don't......run! Come on now! Great potential for this team. I see it and I don't say or type stuff just to type it!

None of them should leave. In fact, 1 or two of the seniors it would not hurt to come back. Tough losses for sure but only by less than 5.

If there were crowds it might have got them through them all as young freshman and sophomores play at even a higher level in crunch time. Have good vibes about this team moving forward.. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2021, 12:07:15 AM »
Seriously, do any of these 3 three have a remote chance of being drafted in the NBA after this season?  Going to Europe or anywhere not in the NBA, sure...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:57:46 AM by PointWarrior »

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2021, 12:10:32 AM »

Have a good night.
Not like this one. This board is over the top on their negativity and criticism like few others that is not warranted. What do you expect in a year like this? And believe me I am not one to make excuses.

The recruits should be fired up to come here next year, and the MU Brand is all over the NBA. The would be nuts to waver now. And no they should not let Wojo go! There is improvement.

Next season if all goes well LOOK OUT! High energy, play hard on both ends, coaches are invest in their development and they look hungry and have worked on their games.

Not only that I think the isolation and pandemic has made them stronger and tighter as a unit. All things an A.D should want to see. I stand encouraged. . . even after tough losses. In fact, I welcome them for a few of the underclassmen.

But next year, oh wait. Then you can start to judge, not now.   

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »
If Wojo returns, I think all three would be back. They'd all start and get 30-35 minutes per game, they'd all have carte blanche, and they appear to genuinely like Wojo, Killings and the rest of the coaches.

If Wojo gets canned or moves on, the rebuild officially starts. Any or all of them could leave. I am not saying it shouldn't happen. In fact, I'm saying the opposite.

I'd fire Wojo today, make Killings the interim coach and get a head start on the search.

delusional. I swear by Wojo. he was hit by some early defections from kids who left early and is an excellent coach. You fans would whine about any coach they bring in here.

THIS IS NOT A BLUE BLOOD UNIVERSITY PEOPLE...you have to take time to work up to it!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2021, 05:26:12 AM »
More if Wojo leaves than if he stays.
Spoken like a true Wojo Worshipper....and now cue up your attorney to come to your defense.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2021, 07:51:10 AM »
OK, of the Big 3, none will leave if Wojo stays. If he leaves, I would gather all would rather wait and see who would be the head coach.

Of our team, I suspect Akanno and Torrence probably are gone. Perez is a total unknown and Oso depends on whether he and his handlers feel he is better off elsewhere. I can’t see Oso going to another Power 6 team at this time.

Elliott is an unknown as well. He is a role player with us. If he wants to start and contribute, I suspect he’ll be looking at a mid-major, like Loyola or SIU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2021, 07:55:08 AM »
Not like this one. This board is over the top on their negativity and criticism like few others that is not warranted. What do you expect in a year like this? And believe me I am not one to make excuses.

The recruits should be fired up to come here next year, and the MU Brand is all over the NBA. The would be nuts to waver now. And no they should not let Wojo go! There is improvement.

Next season if all goes well LOOK OUT! High energy, play hard on both ends, coaches are invest in their development and they look hungry and have worked on their games.

Not only that I think the isolation and pandemic has made them stronger and tighter as a unit. All things an A.D should want to see. I stand encouraged. . . even after tough losses. In fact, I welcome them for a few of the underclassmen.

But next year, oh wait. Then you can start to judge, not now.

I'm not sure how many fan boards of other schools you look at, but I look at none.

However, many times over the years I've been on Scoop, fellow Scoopers have posted strings showing meltdowns on other boards. By and large, they make Scoop look tame.

Otherwise, I like your optimism about the future and, if Wojo is retained, I hope you are right.

Of course, if Wojo is retained and the team sucks next season, it surely will be his last one at Marquette.