[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Covid Board  (Read 6935 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Covid Board
« on: January 14, 2021, 02:13:08 PM »
Is it just me or do other folks have problems with the board's responsiveness?  My messages seem to be on a 5-10 second lag... and navigating away or to that sub forum takes longer every day.  I wonder if the child boards have a bug or something.

MEMORY LEAK

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Covid Board
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:51:01 PM »
I think it's just you, I clicked around the board a little and it was all responsive, my last page at the bottom said:
"Page created in 0.148 seconds with 27 queries."

Although particularly with the Covid board try minimizing the dashboard box.  That can take some CPU/load time.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago (not just with Covid - with all of scoop) and the other mods assured me that it was...just me.  There may be some data center or switch between you and MUScoop that is acting finicky.  Give it a couple days and it'll probably get better.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:52:37 PM »
I think the covid map slows it down if you use Internet Explorer on a desktop/laptop.  I have no problem with it when I use Chrome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:53:42 PM »

Maybe you should get tested.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:44 PM »
You should upgrade from Internet Explorer 5.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 06:12:02 AM »
I think it's just you, I clicked around the board a little and it was all responsive, my last page at the bottom said:
"Page created in 0.148 seconds with 27 queries."

Although particularly with the Covid board try minimizing the dashboard box.  That can take some CPU/load time.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago (not just with Covid - with all of scoop) and the other mods assured me that it was...just me.  There may be some data center or switch between you and MUScoop that is acting finicky.  Give it a couple days and it'll probably get better.

No, I get similar page creation times and queries.  I have had he dashboard box minimized for months now as well.

Also, I've used both Chrome (the hog) and Firefox... and its only the Covid board.  Strange.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 08:16:25 AM »
Hards .. use Chrome, go to Covid board message, then hit F12.  Then select "Network"

Then F5 to reload the page.  In the network screen, it'll show all of the bits and pieces that get loaded .. the bars are how long it takes to load.

Look for the longest bar in the "Waterfall" field.   It's probably the first one, but maybe something else is taking long?

feedback