Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: U-Conn't always get what you want  (Read 17163 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: U-Conn't always get what you want
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 10:06:37 PM »
We flat out panicked on offense. Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble bad shot.

Koby is a master of dribbling backwards.  O just went stagnant - and I don't think it was all because of their D.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 10:06:55 PM »
Tower isn't an idiot, he knows. But there is too much negativity out there these days theres no need for another voice harping on the program.

I've been as patient as anybody here but I really don't need to see Wojo patrol the sidelines anymore, but one, nobody cares what I think, and two, there's no use in disparaging the entire program for it.

So nothing to do but hope for better results this season and hope changes are made in the offseason.

💯

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 10:07:16 PM »
There aren't many defending him, but he's here at least through next year, so I don't see the point of ripping him.
What’s the point of any of this then? Nothing you do on here or anywhere else will have a material impact on the team in any form or fashion.

Why is negativity toward Wojo the ONLY thing that’s taboo because it won’t accomplish anything. Being ignorantly optimistic won’t accomplish crap either.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2021, 10:07:32 PM »
You post all that and nothing on the head coach and the role he played in this collapse? Come on.

+1000

Also, this thread should've been titled "Polley want a cracker"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2021, 10:07:39 PM »
So, it looked like previous games, just slightly different uniforms by the opposing team.
Didn't look any differently than many games before.
Don't they review and come up with fixes?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »
Why is negativity toward Wojo the ONLY thing that’s taboo because it won’t accomplish anything. Being ignorantly optimistic won’t accomplish crap either.

Taboo?  Have you seen the threads about wojo?   

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 10:08:33 PM »
This one broke me. No reason to subject myself to this. Taking a few week break. Hope they turn it around

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »
Koby is a master of dribbling backwards.  O just went stagnant - and I don't think it was all because of their D.

Yup.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:04 PM »
Tower isn't an idiot, he knows. But there is too much negativity out there these days theres no need for another voice harping on the program.

I've been as patient as anybody here but I really don't need to see Wojo patrol the sidelines anymore, but one, nobody cares what I think, and two, there's no use in disparaging the entire program for it.

So nothing to do but hope for better results this season and hope changes are made in the offseason.

Absolutely where I’m at.  If that means we have a couple players transfer so be it.  I want desperately for Wojo to succeed cause that means we succeed but tonight was tough to watch.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »
What do you suppose we do.  Complain on a message board about it?
Why is anyone on a message board at all? None of it means anything? But only complaining about the coach is pointless? The rest is productive somehow?

No it’s all just noise into the abyss. If the coach sucks - negativity is warranted.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:41 PM »
Wojo’s typical late season collapse just started a bit earlier this year.

The schedule opens up considerably and MU plays some very crappy teams in a row. Encouraging people to not buy the fools gold if they do win a few of those games. The Big East is pretty awful at the bottom. This is the kind of game you get against a somewhat competent team and it’s been the same for 7 years.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:54 PM »
i feel like people are to casual about a loss like this. up 18 and lose by double digits? some people are just like"oops tough game,were good though. on to the next one".

Because I half expected it to happen. Really don’t feel that Wojo is good enough to make adjustments. No reason to get mad. Life goes on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »
+1000

Also, this thread should've been titled "Polley want a cracker"

Was thinking the same thing. Kid freaking destroyed us.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »
Why is anyone on a message board at all? None of it means anything? But only complaining about the coach is pointless? The rest is productive somehow?

No it’s all just noise into the abyss. If the coach sucks - negativity is warranted.

To be honest, we just don’t like you. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
To be honest, we just don’t like you.
Yeah that happens when someone tries to tell you facts that you don’t want to hear. There’s an ignore button I invite you to use.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 10:12:23 PM »
There aren't many defending him, but he's here at least through next year, so I don't see the point of ripping him.

We had an 18 point lead in the second half with a chance to build momentum coming off a comeback win on the road against Georgetown a few days ago.  And then, with UCONN's best player injured and completely ineffective, we still lost by double digits.  People have every right to dump on Wojo for a game like this.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2021, 10:13:04 PM »
Yeah that happens when someone tries to tell you facts that you don’t want to hear. There’s an ignore button I invite you to use.

I don’t disagree with your conclusions. I just think you’re a dick.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »
I don’t disagree with your conclusions. I just think you’re a dick.
That’s too bad.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2021, 10:15:18 PM »
This one broke me. No reason to subject myself to this. Taking a few week break. Hope they turn it around

I think the issue is that this team isn’t very fun. Creighton and Wisconsin were a blast, but this is a team that is SOOO talented on paper and yet just vanishes.  Marquette has a MCD AA, a very highly regarded PG, some guys who’ve shown they can really score the ball..and they made 3...THREE...FG in the final 15 min.  It’s one thing to play hard and lose, but just withering on the vine makes it really hard to get up for games.  I’ll watch, I’ll follow, but I don’t expect anything of note anymore.  I worried about Carton and or Garcia leaving after this year, but at this point they probably should. They won’t be getting any more prepared for the next level in this offense.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2021, 10:17:05 PM »
We had an 18 point lead in the second half with a chance to build momentum coming off a comeback win on the road against Georgetown a few days ago.  And then, with UCONN's best player injured and completely ineffective, we still lost by double digits.  People have every right to dump on Wojo for a game like this.

Sure they do.  I still don't see the point.  He's bad, we've heard all the reasons before.  Maybe we should have coaching 101, 102, 103 threads after each game so he can read them and learn how to coach.  That might have a point.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2021, 10:17:09 PM »
Have to give Hurley credit as his guys completely turned it up 10 notches and took it right to MU in the 2H. He was drawing up set plays and getting his hot hand shot after shot. Great coaching.

It’s in no way comparable to MUs comeback last week. Georgetown just slowly pissed that game away I felt bad for them. They were beyond pathetic.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2021, 10:17:42 PM »
Broken record Wojo on the post-game radio interview. “UConn is good”. Gee Coach, how profound.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2021, 10:18:36 PM »
If Lovell started a GoFundMe for the buyout, would he finally have a successful fundraising campaign?

I think this is the most apathetic I’ve felt about MU basketball. I honestly wasn’t even that upset we lost. I’ve just learned to not get my hopes up.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2021, 10:18:55 PM »
Honestly I’m glad UConn is back with some old fashioned Big East pride. We were beating them down the first couple minutes of the 2nd half and they decided to turn up the intensity and want it more.
Strange we really didn’t have a collapse caused by careless turnovers per se but still embarrassing. Season not over, but it definitely sucks to be on this roller coaster right now.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2021, 10:19:17 PM »
I tend to think the coach has less impact on 10 min segments of games than most but what’s really bothering me is that so many analysts talk about wojos mentality when he was a player.  whether or not you want us playing like that we def don’t have the same identity  - we have zero killer instinct under wojo; we only thrive when our heads are against the wall.  we need to move from a grinding team to a team that flexes its advantages and what I like about our program is that I feel like the personnel has the advantages of a top 25 team - so why aren’t the results more consistent .... there’s a lack in identity with our teams and that’s something a coach must be accountable for -