Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Postives/Negatives - UL  (Read 1706 times)

MUCam

• All American
Postives/Negatives - UL
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »
POSITIVES:

(1) Good minutes for Christopherson and Blackledge. Both obviously need lots of work, but it is good to see the minutes there.

(2) Wes Matthews played fairly well and continues to play consistently in the Big East after struggling early in the year.

(3) Crean was not in whatever jumpsuit he wore on Saturday.

(4) HD television was great. After watching numerous games on the non-HD Full Court package, the clear picture was like Grey Goose compared to 5 O'Clock vodka.

(5) The uniforms looked nice...again.

(6) Molson Canadien beers that I left out in the snow overnight after the Super Bowl did not explode and made for a refreshing stress reliever during the game.

NEGATIVES:

(1) The catch-all clause. In other words, everything not mentioned in the "POSITIVES."

(2) Crean stomping off after shaking Pitino's hand. The 18-22 year olds on UL's team who busted their rear-ends in stomping our team deserve more. I can only hope there was some legitimate excuse, like Crean suddenly remembering that he left his Molson Canadiens out in the cold.

In all seriousness, this was a tough game against a vastly superior team. Are we a good team? We can be. Is Louisville a good team? They are a great team. We just don't have the horses to run with UL, especially when our main gelding was limited with the flu.

Given our lack of inside presence and our streaky shooting, I place us as the 5th-6th best team in the conference. I assume we'll end up around that spot in the end. Then comes March, and, as we all know, anything can happen....

Pardner

Re: Postives/Negatives - UL
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
The kid who sank the trey for free tuition at halftime.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »
I completely don't know, but .. any chance Crean left w/o shaking UL team's hands because of ESPN media responsibilities immediately after the game?  (Although screw that, ESPN can wait 30 seconds for hand shaking.)

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »
I highly doubt it. He kept Homer and Mac waiting for a good long time, too, and they struggled to fill the time waiting. Chew out your players if you want, but do it on your time. He's got no right to A) Snub the kids on the other team and B) Keep people waiting because he thinks the rules of society don't apply to him.

Does anybody have video of this snub? I didn't see it.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:43 PM »
MUcam, I believe a gelding is a castrated stallion..., you probably didn't intend to refer to DJ as such,     or did you?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »
B) Keep people waiting because he thinks the rules of society don't apply to him.

Oh brother.

C'mon man.

This is getting crazy.

Blast him if you want (probably deserved in this case)... but " he thinks the rules of society don't apply to him"... that's a leap.

::)

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
augoman -

Ding Ding Ding. LOL. I actually pondered over my choices of words. No jab at DJ, necessarily. Filly out of the question for obvious reasons. Colt seemed a little young. Stallion and Stud both made me feel uncomfortable...for some reason or another. So, I was left with gelding. Makes sense, especially when you figure that the flu and/or wrist injury have "castrated" DJ's performances.

feedback