'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Davison  (Read 8346 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Davison
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »
in his two trips to Fiserv Forum in his collegiate career:

0-7 FG, including
0-6 3pt
2 TOs
9 PF
and one nutbag punch.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Davison
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:50:19 AM »
Don't forget missing the front end of a 1 and 1 in this game and three or four FTs down the stretch in the game two years ago.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »
He seems kinda lost when he doesn't have Joey's nuts to punch.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 08:53:14 AM »
He seems kinda lost when he doesn't have Joey's nuts to punch.

Soon enough
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 08:57:51 AM »
He might be the greatest human being this side of Pope Francis, or he might be a twat. Don't know, and don't care. But as a basketball player, he is one of the truly hate-able guys in the country.

He's not a good defender, just a flopper, and I love that the refs didn't fall for it last night.

And the fact that he choked like a sick dog on each of his two trips to Milwaukee, and those choke-jobs contributed significantly to Marquette wins ... spectacular!

I will enjoy it thoroughly when Madison gets upset early in the tournament because he chokes again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 09:00:47 AM »
Grayson Allen, minus the talent.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »
Soon enough

Gotta think Joey will wear a good, solid cup this time around, hey?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 09:04:18 AM »
He's not a good defender, just a flopper, and I love that the refs didn't fall for it last night.
After the four flop game that he got so much attention for, people were on to the act. If he would in fact simply fall to the floor when trying to draw a charge instead of violently launching himself at the ground like Brian Bosworth being smashed by Bo Jackson he might have more success, but his acting is comical at this point.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 09:28:35 AM »
Flopping was a huge part of their culture and defensive scheme, and all the attention Davison brought on himself has ruined that for them.  They don’t get those calls anymore, at least not like they used to.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »
Flopping was a huge part of their culture and defensive scheme, and all the attention Davison brought on himself has ruined that for them.  They don’t get those calls anymore, at least not like they used to.

Thank you, Bomani Jones
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
Did you know that Brad Davison's best friend is Theo John?

December 17, 2018
https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/Brad-Davison-Kobe-King-reunite-with-teammates-and-friends-at-Wisconsin-Marquette--126040010/

Brad Davison talks to Marquette’s Theo John every day.

Every day, except this Saturday. Maybe Friday, too.

The pair of best friends from Minnesota have had no choice but to turn into enemies this week as their teams get set to face off in the annual in-state rivalry game between No. 12 Wisconsin (8-1, 2-0) and Marquette (7-2) on Dec. 8 at 4 p.m. CST.

“We haven’t talked about [the game] a whole lot,” Davison said on Thursday after practice. “I probably won’t talk to him today or tomorrow, probably won’t talk to him Saturday until after the game.

“...depending on how it goes.”

Davison laughed when he said he and John aren’t strangers to this dance, that they’ve been bouncing back-and-forth over the frenemy line their entire lives. The two went to opposing high schools in Minnesota--Davison at Maple Grove and John at Champlin Park Senior--but competed as teammates in the Howard Pulley AAU program.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:08:56 AM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »

December 17, 2018
https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/Brad-Davison-Kobe-King-reunite-with-teammates-and-friends-at-Wisconsin-Marquette--126040010/

The pair of best friends from Minnesota have had no choice but to turn into enemies this week as their teams get set to face off in the annual in-state rivalry game between No. 12 Wisconsin (8-1, 2-0) and Marquette (7-2) on Dec. 8 at 4 p.m. CST.

“We haven’t talked about [the game] a whole lot,” Davison said on Thursday after practice. “I probably won’t talk to him today or tomorrow, probably won’t talk to him Saturday until after the game.

Davison laughed when he said he and John aren’t strangers to this dance, that they’ve been bouncing back-and-forth over the frenemy line their entire lives. The two went to opposing high schools in Minnesota--Davison at Maple Grove and John at Champlin Park Senior--but competed as teammates in the Howard Pulley AAU program.

Makes me think less of Theo tbh

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »

December 17, 2018

Hopefully Theo will regularly remind Davison of MU's 3-1 record while they've been here....

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »

December 17, 2018

That says something about fandom more than anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
Makes me think less of Theo tbh
Me too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »
Why?   They were friends growing up.   Abandoning lifelong friendships over one game a year is no way to go through life.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
Tower-if you and I are friends and you punch my brother in the nuts.....we’re no longer friends.
Oh yeah, and you’ve punched somebody else’s nuts?
Yeah...we’re not friends.
That article was from 2018...maybe things have changed.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
Why?   They were friends growing up.   Abandoning lifelong friendships over one game a year is no way to go through life.

This. Friendships transcend a basketball court. Davison isn't a likable player and he's made some dirty plays. Maybe he's an alright guy off the court but I'm certainly not faulting Theo for not abandoning a friendship due to sports or competition...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2020, 10:42:58 AM »
Nope.  Friendships need to be kept.   In 10 years, they will be laughing their asses off over beers about it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2020, 10:47:05 AM »
Nope.  Friendships need to be kept.   In 10 years, they will be laughing their asses off over beers about it.

Agreed. They can be the bitterest of rivals on the court, but real friendships can last a lifetime.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2020, 10:47:34 AM »
Tower-if you and I are friends and you punch my brother in the nuts.....we’re no longer friends.

LOL
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
I don't see a Theo quote to this effect so for me, it's just Floppy spout.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2020, 12:47:23 PM »

What if he punched Brad Davison's nuts?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »
What if one of your brothers punched one of your other brothers in the nuts? You would laugh hysterically and tell the story for years.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 01:04:33 PM »
What if one of your brothers punched one of your other brothers in the nuts? You would laugh hysterically and tell the story for years.

Cup check

feedback