Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next season should be a hell of season.  (Read 4893 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Next season should be a hell of season.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 11:33:21 AM »
This season is 4 games old.

That was my initial reaction when I saw the title of this topic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 11:39:28 AM »
I don't think Bucky is the fourth best team in the nation.

I do think they are top 15 though.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »
Speaking of Perez, I think I saw his jersey hanging in the locker room in the post game locker room video.  Is he now not playing this year?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »

So MU #14! :-)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 12:32:52 PM »
Any of the Badgers could decide to leave if they're happy with a degree & want to get on with life, but I can see all of them returning. The only one that looked anything like a future NBA player was Davis, who'll still be at least a year away. It will be interesting to see how Gard handles his roster with 5 current freshmen and 3 incoming. Do you keep the 6 seniors all around, who (along with Wahl) basically insure no more than 1-2 of your 8 underclassmen get PT?

On the other side, I could see a few departures. Theo, Jamal, & Koby will all have pro options if they choose to go. DJ was supposedly considering the NBA Draft if his waiver was declined, while a FOY season from Garcia or Lewis could have either considering their options.

I think you are right. Do Theo, Koby, or Jamal want to go to Europe or beyond? Who knows?

I expect the big 3 will be back though - Dawson, Justin, and DJ. May not happen, but I would be surprised. That is a good foundation to build on.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »

I was trying to come up with reasons why they’d be out of the top 25 by the end of the year, but then I just stopped.  That program is a freaking metronome.  They’re slow, they don’t have any stars, they didn’t look impressive at all last night, but they’ll still win a lot of games in the B1G.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »
TAMU

Normally I quick to point out if I think a team is overrated and that takes some of the bloom of the win, but last night felt different to me. When MU had the run a couple of years ago winning three in a row at home against ranked opponents it felt like a lot went well for them. Buffalo was on 2 or 3 game road trip, K State did not look very good to me and UW could not make a basket.

Last night UW could not make a basket and it was because they played very good half court D. Two years ago they missed open shots. Bottom line to me, they played tough, kept composure and three newcomers played big. I was never a fan of Howard making 25 straight points and thought it was one trick pony. Again, last night showed signs of some promise.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »
They're a long way from a 1 seed, though. I love having a win over a team ranked #4 (at the time) on MU's resume, but that ranking was a mirage.

Maybe not this year, but I'm talking about next. And if they can win the Big 10, just about any team winning that league right now will be in the mix for the top line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »
Wiscy was ranked where they were due to how they finished last season (winning the B1G regular season championship) and bringing everybody back.    It is fair.    Do I think they are one of the 5 best teams in the country?   No.    But it is still a fair preseason ranking.   They will be good.    But MSU, Iowa, and Illinois are also going to be good.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.