'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fast cowboys. Not just a country song.  (Read 14436 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Fast cowboys. Not just a country song.
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »
Fair question.  If Wojo fails to pull this team together, we'll probably be forced to support HIS team next year too.  If he succeeds in getting this team to develop together - yay!
Is this your way of saying you’ll never call for his dismissal regardless of what results look like ad infinitum? If so I suppose I can ditch the sales pitch.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »
Awful announcing crew.
Worse shooting.
Even worse coaching by Wojo.

Great adjustment by Ok. St. with the zone.  Would of been nice if Wojo could of made a counter move.  Weird substitutions today.  I wonder what Perez and Greg are thinking about their playing time.
Does he regret transfering if this is the norm?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »
Most turnovers in a game under the Wojo regime. As best as I quickly scanned, the most by a MU team since the March 8, 2012 vs. Louisville BE Quarterfinal when Junior was putting passes in the tenth row of MSG.

This team is a long way from forming an identity. A PG has yet to emerge, missing two weeks of team practices, very uneven play, unsure of roles. I honestly expected this early uneven play considering the roster composition and experience.

Is Wojo to blame as well? Yes, of course, as it was clear this team was not prepared by the number of turnovers...and we know Wojo wins his games in practices. In-game adjustments are not his strength, and he always goes back to his system as the way to fix them.

That said, another very good defensive game. Very strong on the rebounding. Lewis looked great out there. Some seepage with dribble penetration, especially in the 2nd half.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:45:13 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »
Does he regret transfering if this is the norm?

Until the eleventh hour he was expected to sit out, so any minutes he gets in a free year are better than nothing.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2020, 09:35:44 PM »
As a positive, I think I’m going to enjoy watching Justin Lewis play.

Absolutely. Hoping he's the sleeper in this year's freshman class. I really like this kid's hustle and tenaciousness.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2020, 09:38:29 PM »
Most turnovers in a game under the Wojo regime. As best as I quickly scanned, the most by a MU team since the March 8, 2012 vs. Louisville in the BE Quarterfinal when Junior was putting passes in the tenth row of MSG.

On a side note, that game absolutely killed me

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »
MU was favored by 3 points at home in this game, lost by 8 for a net of -11 points. 

I'm curious if anyone knows how many home games Wojo has lost against the spread.  My guess is that he has to be one of the worst home coaches in MU history. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »
MU was favored by 3 points at home in this game, lost by 8 for a net of -11 points. 

I'm curious if anyone knows how many home games Wojo has lost against the spread.  My guess is that he has to be one of the worst home coaches in MU history.

His record as MU head coach is now 117-82.  Take away the cupcakes, and he might be under .500, hey?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »
Is this your way of saying you’ll never call for his dismissal regardless of what results look like ad infinitum? If so I suppose I can ditch the sales pitch.

Not to put words in Rocky’s mouths, but I think he’s saying there’s no way the administration fires him in the year of a global pandemic.

His buyout is high and and admin can use the pandemic as an excuse for the season if it turns out poorly.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »
Not to put words in Rocky’s mouths, but I think he’s saying there’s no way the administration fires him in the year of a global pandemic.

His buyout is high and and admin can use the pandemic as an excuse for the season if it turns out poorly.

Especially when you have a $45 million budget deficit and risk losing a very good freshman class.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2020, 09:54:18 PM »

Administration doesn't have to listen to the booing fans either, chanting "Fire Wojo" this year.

Cash strapped university won't fire Wojo asap and that's all on the AD/Admins that handed out the poor contract. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:30 PM »

So we were the only program affected by the pandemic? Bummer.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »

I don't think you'll see much in regards to the coaching carousel anywhere in the country this season unless there's a massive scandal that involves the coach and the team.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2020, 10:00:12 PM »
Were it not for the pandemic, Wojo would be on the hot seat this year.  As it stands now, I think we’re stuck with him for a few more years, no matter the results.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2020, 10:09:27 PM »
Were it not for the pandemic, Wojo would be on the hot seat this year.  As it stands now, I think we’re stuck with him for a few more years, no matter the results.

Nah, I don't think that's true, if this year and the 2021-22 season goes south, I think that's curtains.

You can even see it on this board, even those who were pretty strong Wojo supporters for a long time (myself included) are just apathetic at this point. Which is kind of where I stand. Still am always going to hope for the best, but the end of last season just broke me. I really don't care to see Wojo on the sidelines anymore.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2020, 10:19:41 PM »

Others have covered part of it.   Also though, any fan yelling "fire wojo" is an idiot.  I'm just a fan that hopes Marquette plays well and entertains me.  You on the other hand, haven't been very entertaining.

The university will hire and fire at their will.  I just try to enjoy what we have, and hope for the best.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
Dodd's the tool already blocked me this year after I posted the only bad matchup tonight was the head coach....

he is already spouting off the "rebuilding year" excuse -   hmm, we are now in the 3rd rebuild in 7 years of Wojo....

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2020, 10:25:23 PM »
Dodd's the tool already blocked me this year after I posted the only bad matchup tonight was the head coach....

he is already spouting off the "rebuilding year" excuse -   hmm, we are now in the 3rd rebuild in 7 years of Wojo....

We're rebuilding after that NIT Run........duhhh. 

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »
Administration doesn't have to listen to the booing fans either, chanting "Fire Wojo" this year.

Now they just resort to turning off comments on IG posts after they all say #firewojo

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »
imagine banning someone cuz they posted a harmless view on your forum. oh the horror. someone critiqued wojo? bann!!😨😰😨. reason i aint been on ddods board in years. what a snowflake

MU82

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
Really bad game for Wojo. He was out-coached, and by a pretty wide margin. No answer for the OSU defense, many curious decisions on who was out on the floor for us. The offense was downright depressing.

I never participate in or read game threads because I don't like feeling terrible while I'm watching a game that's making me feel terrible enough. But I take it from others' comments that some Scoopers were going after McEwen. Sh!t, he was our best player tonight, took on Cade as well as he could while also being the only player willing to attack on offense. Even hit a couple 3s. We had 1,000 problems tonight, and McEwen wasn't one of the top 999.

Lewis is more well-rounded than I thought he would be after reading about his recruitment. Excited to see how good he's going to get.

I did not follow Garcia in high school, so I don't know how many elite players he faced, but he got to see tonight that P6 college basketball is an entirely different world. Even guys who might not be as skilled as he is are long and tough and active and athletic and motivated. I thought Wojo sat him for way too long while the game was slipping away, however.

Still high on both Dawson and DJ. And the team, for that matter. I think we have some pretty good talent -- not over-the-moon talent, but pretty darn good -- and I think things will kick in as the season goes along. That goes for Wojo, too. At least I hope so.

I'm not gonna rip any of our players. It serves no purpose. And I fully disagree with those who say our guys stopped trying. That's BS. Just didn't play or coach well enough.

Oh, and I agree with Wojo (through cheese ball chaser) that "WE WON THIS GAME... BY A LOT!!!"

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »

A few coaches survived last year because of the pandemic (Christian at BC in particular) and that was before budget deficits became reality. Buyouts are going to save the jobs of many coaches this season, especially at schools without huge donor bases .
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2020, 10:44:41 PM »
A few coaches survived last year because of the pandemic (Christian at BC in particular) and that was before budget deficits became reality. Buyouts are going to save the jobs of many coaches this season, especially at schools without huge donor bases .

Wojo - One of the first NCAA coaches to receive tenure due to a virus.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »
This game was an embarassment!!  MU looked like a pick up squad on which the players had never met before. Intiminated, not aggressive, no clue as to how to attack a zone, no adjustments by the coaching staff at halftime or any other. Shooting and rebounding (except  for Theo) was uninspired and shameful. Inexcusable -- standing around faking a pass and/or a drive to the basket is not an offense. Garcia and Carton were non-factors. WI will feast.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »
This game was an embarassment!!  MU looked like a pick up squad on which the players had never met before. Intiminated, not aggressive, no clue as to how to attack a zone, no adjustments by the coaching staff at halftime or any other. Shooting and rebounding (except  for Theo) was uninspired and shameful. Inexcusable -- standing around faking a pass and/or a drive to the basket is not an offense. Garcia and Carton were non-factors. WI will feast.

Wisconsin will feast, hence why if the spread is below 10 points, it's a great bet to make money on Wisco.  I'd say Wisco wins by 15.