[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fine-buff  (Read 7321 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Fine-buff
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »

2) Why would you have to be a First Team All American and the top pick in the NBA Draft to be someone who would start on every team in America? Last I checked, there are no teams in college basketball that have the 5 best players in the country. That’s silly.

????

If you’re a PF, to start on EVERY team you would have to be better than EVERY PF. If you can play multiple positions (say PF and SF) you have to be better than the PF or the SF on EVERY team. The first example almost surely makes you a 1st team AA. The second example provides more wiggle room but still makes you elite. Whether (as a PF or a PF/SF) you’re a “better player” than the PG, 2G or C is beside the point.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »
????

If you’re a PF, to start on EVERY team you would have to be better than EVERY PF. If you can play multiple positions (say PF and SF) you have to be better than the PF or the SF on EVERY team. The first example almost surely makes you a 1st team AA. The second example provides more wiggle room but still makes you elite. Whether (as a PF or a PF/SF) you’re a “better player” than the PG, 2G or C is beside the point.

So now you don’t have to be Zaire Williamson (whoever that is) or AD to start for every team in the country? I agree, then.

Drew Timme was not named to the preseason First, Second, or Third All American Teams. He’s also not going to be the top pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, barring some unimaginable happenings. I’m pretty confident every coach in America would be thrilled to have him in their starting lineup.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 04:32:53 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »
So now you don’t have to be Zaire Williamson (whoever that is) or AD to start for every team in the country? I agree, then.

Drew Timme was not named to the preseason First, Second, or Third All American Teams. He’s also not going to be the top pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, barring some unimaginable happenings. I’m pretty confident every coach in America would be thrilled to have him in their starting lineup.

What does preseason All American teams have to do with anything? If Timme ends up being the best player at his position in the country I like his chances at being an AA at the end of the season. There’s a reason they play the games.

A few months back you actually wrote a thoughtful post. I complimented you on it. What happened to that guy?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2020, 05:05:22 PM »
What does preseason All American teams have to do with anything? If Timme ends up being the best player at his position in the country I like his chances at being an AA at the end of the season. There’s a reason they play the games.

A few months back you actually wrote a thoughtful post. I complimented you on it. What happened to that guy?

I don’t think 82 called Garcia the best player at his position in the country. But if you want to turn it into a different argument I guess you can do that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
I don’t think 82 called Garcia the best player at his position in the country. But if you want to turn it into a different argument I guess you can do that.

A very simple guide to Lennys' arguments:  if an argument in any way helps him minimize the accomplishment of a Wojo-era team, he will make said argument. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »

A very simple guide to Lennys' arguments:  if an argument in any way helps him minimize the accomplishment of a Wojo-era team, he will make said argument.

Lenny may not be ProJo but he’s fair in his assessment of the team and players.  He gives credit where it’s due.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:57:48 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2020, 07:26:20 PM »

Well, if he would start at his position on any team in the country isn’t that the same thing?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2020, 07:27:40 PM »
Well, if he would start at his position on any team in the country isn’t that the same thing?

It’s not 1955. Basketball is no longer played with a single point guard, a single shooting guard, a single small forward, a single power forward, and a single center on the court at all times.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2020, 07:56:16 PM »
It’s not 1955. Basketball is no longer played with a single point guard, a single shooting guard, a single small forward, a single power forward, and a single center on the court at all times.

You’re right. Tonight Symir started at center, Cain at the 2, Garcia at PG, Koby at PF and Theo at SF because, we’ll, it’s not 1955. LOL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2020, 07:58:51 PM »
You’re right. Tonight Symir started at center, Cain at the 2, Garcia at PG, Koby at PF and Theo at SF because, we’ll, it’s not 1955. LOL

This is one of your dumber takes. But okay. I guess Iggy is a center now because, well, you must have a center on the court at all times and the Warriors were closing out titles with him playing their big.

As always, thanks for the laughs.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2020, 08:00:26 PM »

I think its about time you tap out
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....