collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*  (Read 10188 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
Luke was in the back of my mind since episode 6.  But I still wasn't sure they would go there.

Other thoughts:

Even though I don't like Boba Fett, I am glad he is getting his own spinoff.  That way I don't have to watch him.  If you're into Boba, enjoy.

I'm glad the Grogu storyline was wrapped up quickly. Better than dragging things out season after season.  They also set up next season nicely.  There is some tension between Mando and Bo-Katan over the Dark Saber, but they left things pretty open and didn't box themselves in plot wise.

Mando taking off his mask to show Grogu his face was such a powerful moment.  My only complaint: The audience has already seen Mando's face twice.  That should have been the first time the audience saw his face, making the moment that much more powerful.  But alas, here we are.

So many epic fight seems!  Mando vs Dark Trooper, Mando vs Moff Gideon, and, of course, Luke motherf*cking Skywalker!  Great job topping each epic fight with an even more epic fight.

Despite how maligned both the PT and ST are, the TV and web series have been great.  5 episodes into Clone Wars and I like how things are going. I'll be binge watch The Clone Wars and Rebels series until new content comes out.

Clone Wars really adds to the Prequels. It adds a lot of depth to the characters and introduces some fun ones. I enjoyed Rebels as well.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2020, 11:13:34 AM »
Are we sure Boba is getting his own show? Me thinks Disney is throwing a curveball, and Chapter 17 is a Boba episode. It’s already been announced that the show wouldn’t come back until December 2021.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »
Are we sure Boba is getting his own show? Me thinks Disney is throwing a curveball, and Chapter 17 is a Boba episode. It’s already been announced that the show wouldn’t come back until December 2021.

I think they are keeping their options open, as they could easily just make a movie, a "super" episode that is like an hour and 15 min...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2020, 11:44:19 AM »

Yes.  The post credits scene said as much.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »

I had read Pedro Pascal hadn’t signed his contract for season 3 yet. Then later saw a tweet announcing that he will continue as Din in future Star Wars projects. It was vague if that meant season 3 of Mandalorian or as a guest in other spin-offs.

It sounds like Boba Fett will have his own show and Mandalorian will continue on its own.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
Yes.  The post credits scene said as much.

That’s what I’m saying, they might be throwing you off the scent. Favreau and Filoni won’t comment.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2020, 08:08:43 AM »
The way this is worded, it makes me think the Boba Fett series is in addition to Mandalorian.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1341013938570371072?s=21

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2020, 09:32:15 AM »
The way this is worded, it makes me think the Boba Fett series is in addition to Mandalorian.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1341013938570371072?s=21

You've got it. Favreau has done the PR tour today to confirm it's a series on its own.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2020, 09:35:47 AM »
I hope there continues to be a lot of crossover in the worlds. Especially with Fett's new series. I was hoping thered be a bit more of a redemption arc for him rejoining the mandalorians or at least aiding the taking back of Mandalore
Maigh Eo for Sam

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2020, 09:38:49 AM »
I hope there continues to be a lot of crossover in the worlds. Especially with Fett's new series. I was hoping thered be a bit more of a redemption arc for him rejoining the mandalorians or at least aiding the taking back of Mandalore

Favreau made it clear that the Boba Fett series is concurrent with the Mandalorian timeline so I'd imagine we'll see your hopes come to fruition even if it's only one or two episodes of crossover.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2020, 09:40:22 AM »
Favreau made it clear that the Boba Fett series is concurrent with the Mandalorian timeline so I'd imagine we'll see your hopes come to fruition even if it's only one or two episodes of crossover.

Sort of imagining it'll be similar to the DC television universe where arrow flash etc all pop in occasionally
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »
Sort of imagining it'll be similar to the DC television universe where arrow flash etc all pop in occasionally

Similar to the way the MCU is going forward, with Monica Rambeau in WandaVision, Wanda in Dr Strange, Kamala Khan in Captain Marvel 2, Strange in Spider-Man 3, Banner in She-Hulk, and potentially Matt Murdock showing up with both Spidey & She-Hulk, etc.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2020, 09:55:49 AM »
Similar to the way the MCU is going forward, with Monica Rambeau in WandaVision, Wanda in Dr Strange, Kamala Khan in Captain Marvel 2, Strange in Spider-Man 3, Banner in She-Hulk, and potentially Matt Murdock showing up with both Spidey & She-Hulk, etc.

Which Matt Murdock? The Netflix one or Ben Afflack?
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
FYI, source confirmation:

https://tvline.com/2020/12/21/the-book-of-boba-fett-mandalorian-spinoff-series-december-2021/

Also, it appears that disney has learned from their star wars unnatural carnal knowledge ups and is organizing similar to marvel with Favreau/Filoni leading the way.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/disney-star-wars-marvel-studios-1234866986/

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2020, 05:56:55 AM »
Which Matt Murdock? The Netflix one or Ben Afflack?

The Netflix one, Charlie Cox. There are rumors of him defending Spider-Man in the next film & he's a rumored surprise guest in She-Hulk, which is being set up as a superhero legal procedural show.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2020, 08:27:46 PM »
The Netflix one, Charlie Cox. There are rumors of him defending Spider-Man in the next film & he's a rumored surprise guest in She-Hulk, which is being set up as a superhero legal procedural show.

I've read similar.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »
I finally got around to watching the session finale.
Wow!!! Great way to use Luke and R2.  Season 3 is wife open. 
Bring back Bill Burr.  Too bad they killed of Titus Welliver.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2020, 10:47:17 PM »
I finally got around to watching the session finale.
Wow!!! Great way to use Luke and R2.  Season 3 is wife open. 
Bring back Bill Burr.  Too bad they killed of Titus Welliver.

Bosch never woulda died like that on his show!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2020, 07:04:44 AM »
Pretty interesting watch, in how the Mandalorian shied away from green screens, instead building a wrap-around LED set for their backgrounds and many visual affects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufp8weYYDE8

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2021, 09:25:05 AM »
I guess the Rangers series and Cara Dune are out?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
It will be recast.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »
I actually really liked Carano in that role as well. I Was actually able to separate the politics from the actor for a change.

Disney did what they had to, they put up with her social media feed for a loooong time. There’s no coming back from anti-Semitic comments though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:33:10 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »
I actually really like Carano in that role as well.

Disney did what they had to, they put up with her social media feed for a loooong time. There’s no coming back from anti-Semitic comments though.

Was it anti Semitic so more of a major false equivalency? Either way it's semantics and she had to go, surprised it took this long tbh. But I agree I thought she was great at the role.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2021, 04:11:07 PM »
The internet is calling for Lucy Lawless to be recast as Cara Dune and I am here for it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »
The internet is calling for Lucy Lawless to be recast as Cara Dune and I am here for it.

She's 14 years older than Gina, but I wouldn't object.