collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*  (Read 10214 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
This all seems a bit excessive...

...(ducks)

I think it’s workable since it’ll all be on Disney+ except for the Patty Jenkins film.  Streaming allows you so much more flexibility as a viewer
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2020, 07:16:31 PM »
Glad to hear Lando is back.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2020, 07:19:36 PM »
I like the new programming.  The SW universe is a big place with a lot of stories to tell.  Incorporating streaming series and miniseries allows you to do things you can't do in a movie.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2020, 04:40:08 AM »
This all seems a bit excessive...

...(ducks)
I agree. When does the Frog family get their own spinoff?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2020, 08:04:59 AM »
I agree. When does the Frog family get their own spinoff?

The Frog Family was god damn heartwarming, you callous clown.

Anyways, fun to see Bill Burr back. I’m always surprised when he can act well.

Hoping the helmet coming off doesn’t become a thing. Did Pedro have an issue not being seen? Are they shifting this to a helmet-less Mando over time?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
I seem to recall Pedro wants the helmet to come off more often.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2020, 11:37:20 AM »
Based on the way things are going, and the recent announcements of the new projects, I think season 3 will be the last one for Mando.

Cara and Fenneck spinoff into Rangers, with Mando an occasional guest star.  Maybe Mando even shows up on the Ashoka show.

I think that is the model going forward.  3 years, 3 acts, and move on to the next story.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2020, 11:45:36 AM »
I think they're setting up him taking off his helmet to mean he'll more likely to join Bo Katans possy than join back with the watch later. Who knows where he lands with Fet.
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2020, 01:41:46 PM »
I seem to recall Pedro wants the helmet to come off more often.

I read somewhere in order to be up for awards, they have to show his face. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2020, 07:31:12 AM »
WOW!!! What an episode.  I have to rewatch it to process everything.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
FYI-

There is an after credit scene.  I didn't realize it until I read about the scene online.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2020, 11:38:37 AM »
Wow! That was awesome.

Thanks for the heads up on the after credit scene.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2020, 01:23:25 PM »
What just happened?! Did they end the arc to set up a get back mandalore arc? Is it going to be a jump to the future? So many questions!
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2020, 04:11:25 PM »
What just happened?! Did they end the arc to set up a get back mandalore arc? Is it going to be a jump to the future? So many questions!

Bo-Kahtan be PIIISSSSSSSEEEDDDDD.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
Give Favreau and Filoni the keys and get out of the way
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2020, 04:18:56 PM »
Not going to lie I haven't been this excited about a show since back when game of thrones was still good.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2020, 05:09:39 PM »
Give Favreau and Filoni the keys and get out of the way

This

To hell with Kathleen Kennedy and JJ and whoever else was part of that crap

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »
Well done.   Conflict for next year set up.   Mark Hamill did them a proper.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:23 PM »
This is all very interesting to me.

Mrs. 82 and I just watched S2 E8. She hadn't seen the first season, so we watched that together last week and then watched S2 this week, capped by the finale tonight.

I like Star Wars, but I am not steeped in the SW lore. Except for the obvious mainstay characters from the 4-5-6 trilogy, I don't know most of the names by heart.

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian. I thought it was one of the best things I saw in 2019, and now it is again in 2020. I liked it for itself -- kind of an old Western serial, complete with that kind of soundtrack. A compelling "strong silent type" lead, a compelling story, compelling villains, compelling sidekicks. My wife, who has probably seen a total of 4 hours of Star Wars movies, also liked it for what it was, and of course loved Baby Yoda/Grogu. She also commented several times about how strong the women are.

So it can be enjoyed on her not-really-a-SW-fan level, my SW-fan-but-not-fanboy level, as well as the level that most of you here are at. Which I think is a sign of very good storytelling and just enough character development.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2020, 12:06:50 AM »
Like father like son

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
So many levels of holy s**t. Just incredible. I kept thinking "who is the Jedi" never really thinking it would be Luke. And the CGI replication has really improved since we first saw Grand Moff Tarkin redone. And I'm amazed they sat on the Book of Boba Fett with all last week's announcements. Very well done. Amazing production so far and only makes me more excited going forward.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »
So many levels of holy s**t. Just incredible. I kept thinking "who is the Jedi" never really thinking it would be Luke.

That's funny, because as soon as I saw the X-wing zipping in, I said: "Well, here comes the cavalry. Must be Luke." Sometimes it helps to only know a couple dozen characters ... I don't think as much - ha!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2020, 12:28:57 AM »
It’s striking (on one side almost embarrassing) how much better things are with Favreau driving. I assumed Luke was going to show up after episode 6, and it was well done.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »
It’s striking (on one side almost embarrassing) how much better things are with Favreau driving. I assumed Luke was going to show up after episode 6, and it was well done.

Luke was in the back of my mind since episode 6.  But I still wasn't sure they would go there.

Other thoughts:

Even though I don't like Boba Fett, I am glad he is getting his own spinoff.  That way I don't have to watch him.  If you're into Boba, enjoy.

I'm glad the Grogu storyline was wrapped up quickly. Better than dragging things out season after season.  They also set up next season nicely.  There is some tension between Mando and Bo-Katan over the Dark Saber, but they left things pretty open and didn't box themselves in plot wise.

Mando taking off his mask to show Grogu his face was such a powerful moment.  My only complaint: The audience has already seen Mando's face twice.  That should have been the first time the audience saw his face, making the moment that much more powerful.  But alas, here we are.

So many epic fight seems!  Mando vs Dark Trooper, Mando vs Moff Gideon, and, of course, Luke motherf*cking Skywalker!  Great job topping each epic fight with an even more epic fight.

Despite how maligned both the PT and ST are, the TV and web series have been great.  5 episodes into Clone Wars and I like how things are going. I'll be binge watch The Clone Wars and Rebels series until new content comes out.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »
I really thought having Luke was just too big for this. I'm used to crossovers like Agents of SHIELD, where you might get a look at Sif, but you'll never see Captain America or Iron Man. Or the Netflix Marvel shows that always alluded to the movies but were never actually merged with them. Seeing this actual interconnectivity working and knowing the same thing is coming to the MCU feels very new and exciting to me.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback