[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Big East Beer City  (Read 1693 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Best Big East Beer City
« on: October 14, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »
 :o

Seems wayyyy off but I've only adequately tried MKE Chicago and Indy for beers. Anybody who's tried a lot of the other cities' offerings want to weigh in?

https://thebrokenanchor.com/which-big-east-city-has-the-best-beer/
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Best Big East Beer City
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 01:09:13 PM »
I think the top three are correct, but I'd change the order. It'd be a pick-em between MKE and Chicago, and Cincy following.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 02:15:59 PM »
NYC has a huge beer scene now, especially in Brooklyn (Six Point is awesome, even though it was founded by Madison grads). But, I don't know if one just considers Queens for St. John's.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
These are really tough because breweries are popping up all over the place. It feels any medium sized town has a few.

It depends where you draw the line. In Milwaukee, you have Miller to Lakefront to Eagle Park. Do you prioritize the small ones with loyal customers? Or more the macro, widely distributed ones.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 03:42:24 PM »
This list is trash. There's no consistency in what makes something rate or not--they have a lot of breweries, they have good beers, they have big beers, they drink a lot, they're a big city. Pointless.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 04:33:42 PM »
As the article stated, "It’s really a toss up between Cincy and Milwaukee when it comes to beer."  This statement is correct.  Depending on my mood on that day is which city I think is beer better. 

There's nothing in Storrs except UConn so it can add Greater Hartford then you got something.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 06:12:48 PM »
As the article stated, "It’s really a toss up between Cincy and Milwaukee when it comes to beer."  This statement is correct.  Depending on my mood on that day is which city I think is beer better. 

There's nothing in Storrs except UConn so it can add Greater Hartford then you got something.

When I first moved to CT the beer was pretty poor, I think Thomas Hooker was the flagship.  Now though it is fantastic.  New England Brewing company (which also contracts to evil twin), counterpoint, thimble island, black Hog, no worries and 12 percent are all great.  I’m sure there are a lot more as those are just the ones within 15 mins of new haven. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 09:56:33 PM »
Jeeezus christ. Out of all the hacks you all post about, this may easily be the biggest hack of them all.

crap if you want to talk about the best big east beer cities, just make a post about it, don't give this absolute hack any more views. Especially one who starts a rankings like this: "but I’m a Cincy guy who has yet to get to Milwaukee. Therefore, based on experience, I’m giving the crown to Cincinnati." or one who even thinks about talking about how the new big east is better than the old, is just isn't....

Make a thread, delete the trash.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 06:27:09 AM »
Jeeezus christ. Out of all the hacks you all post about, this may easily be the biggest hack of them all.

crap if you want to talk about the best big east beer cities, just make a post about it, don't give this absolute hack any more views. Especially one who starts a rankings like this: "but I’m a Cincy guy who has yet to get to Milwaukee. Therefore, based on experience, I’m giving the crown to Cincinnati." or one who even thinks about talking about how the new big east is better than the old, is just isn't....

You mad bro?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 07:53:06 AM »
When I first moved to CT the beer was pretty poor, I think Thomas Hooker was the flagship.  Now though it is fantastic.  New England Brewing company (which also contracts to evil twin), counterpoint, thimble island, black Hog, no worries and 12 percent are all great.  I’m sure there are a lot more as those are just the ones within 15 mins of new haven.

New England has been around since the early 90's, originally in SoNo (South Norwalk next to the Norwalk Aquarium).  They moved to Woodbridge sometime in the early 2000's.  They outgrew their original space and moved across the street.

My local favorite one East Rock Brewing.  The New Haven area also has Overshores, DuVig, Stony Creek, Armada, BAD SONS, Milford Point, & Tribus.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 08:12:21 AM »

Is this like personally offensive to you or something?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
New England has been around since the early 90's, originally in SoNo (South Norwalk next to the Norwalk Aquarium).  They moved to Woodbridge sometime in the early 2000's.  They outgrew their original space and moved across the street.

My local favorite one East Rock Brewing.  The New Haven area also has Overshores, DuVig, Stony Creek, Armada, BAD SONS, Milford Point, & Tribus.

I forgot about Overshores & east rock and didnt realize NEBCo had been around that long. 

I am not a fan of Stoney Creek at all - I find the Cranky/Big Cranky to be a throwback to when everyone was trying to find a way to make their IPA more alcoholic vs. more flavorful.  I will have to check out the others...spoiled for choice, thats for sure. 

One i mis-typed above was Counterweight (not counterpoint).  That's worth checking out if you havent tried it yet.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
I forgot about Overshores & east rock and didnt realize NEBCo had been around that long. 

I am not a fan of Stoney Creek at all - I find the Cranky/Big Cranky to be a throwback to when everyone was trying to find a way to make their IPA more alcoholic vs. more flavorful.  I will have to check out the others...spoiled for choice, thats for sure. 

One i mis-typed above was Counterweight (not counterpoint).  That's worth checking out if you havent tried it yet.

The founder of Counterweight used to be involved with NEBCo or was their former brewmaster.  Something like that. 
Not a fan of Stony Creek either.  I work up the street from Thimble Island & DuVig.  Always send visitors (pre-Covid) to Thimble Island.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »
Is this like personally offensive to you or something?

He got far more heated then necessary, but I get him.  This list is like listing the top rock bands of the 70s and then putting Zepplin at #2 behind the Rolling Stones but admitting you've never listened to them before.  No sense in giving that pageviews over many other better options

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 11:26:07 AM »
He got far more heated then necessary, but I get him.  This list is like listing the top rock bands of the 70s and then putting Zepplin at #2 behind the Rolling Stones but admitting you've never listened to them before.  No sense in giving that pageviews over many other better options

I guess I don't care enough about the pageviews others have enough to be offended by it and thought posting the link to article that started the discussion (albeit with terrible rankings) made sense.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 11:27:30 AM »
It's a subjective list, created by someone whose going to purposely have opinions just controversial enough to keep him getting clicks.  It might have well been written by Heisenberg.