Maximilian Langenfeld by onepost
[Today at 10:11:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by onepost
[Today at 10:09:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 253542 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #2875 on: June 13, 2021, 07:02:07 AM »
Stupid on the Pack's part. His trade value drops significantly in a year after sitting out. Act like business men and get what you can now. Don't make it personal, aina?

The Packers benefit from not having him count against the cap in any way this year, which they would even with a trade.  Furthermore the Packers will be trading him for picks in next year's draft.  The thought is you can get a much better deal after the season is over when you know exactly who will be in the market for a quarterback, and where those picks actually are.  For instance, if you trade him to the Raiders today, a case could be made that their #1 pick will be anywhere from #8 to #20.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 07:12:29 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2876 on: June 13, 2021, 07:08:20 AM »
Stupid on the Pack's part. His trade value drops significantly in a year after sitting out. Act like business men and get what you can now. Don't make it personal, aina?
My logical self says yup you are correct. My vindicative self says make his ass squirm and make him sit out. 

I dont think there will be much difference in compensation after the season and they will know who holds the best draft picks. The problem to me is the distraction. I really cant see Rodgers sitting out. He will try to come back at some point, in which case Gutey should use the old, train has left the station, line and sit Rodgers on the bench. It wouldn't happen, but I would love to see that especially if Love looks the part.

• All American
« Reply #2877 on: June 13, 2021, 07:15:03 AM »
The compromise that Peter King posted is that he comes back this year with a promise to trade him to an agreed upon list of teams in the off-season.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2878 on: June 13, 2021, 07:42:20 AM »
The compromise that Peter King posted is that he comes back this year with a promise to trade him to an agreed upon list of teams in the off-season.

Bad idea

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2879 on: June 13, 2021, 07:45:13 AM »
James Jones has had recent direct interaction with Rodgers and said he’ll be at training camp.  That holds way more weight than anything the media is speculating about. And I’m not going with what I want to hear and believe either. 

It also has never made sense that Rodgers will forfeit millions of dollars and a whole seasons salary when he’s one of the highest paid players in the league.  Real easy during June OTA’s.  Let’s see how principled his beefs with the Packers are when the regular season starts and his giant checks aren’t coming in. He’ll probably take this into training camp and report finally. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2880 on: June 13, 2021, 07:46:37 AM »
Bad idea

Yes it is. Par for the course for King though.

• All American
« Reply #2881 on: June 13, 2021, 07:51:21 AM »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2882 on: June 13, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
James Jones has had recent direct interaction with Rodgers and said he’ll be at training camp.  That holds way more weight than anything the media is speculating about. And I’m not going with what I want to hear and believe either. 

It also has never made sense that Rodgers will forfeit millions of dollars and a whole seasons salary when he’s one of the highest paid players in the league.  Real easy during June OTA’s.  Let’s see how principled his beefs with the Packers are when the regular season starts and his giant checks aren’t coming in. He’ll probably take this into training camp and report finally.
That's my guess too. They will announce some bs agreement so everyone saves face and go on from there.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2883 on: June 13, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »
I tend to agree.
I guess I get it on the surface, but something like that wont work on different levels

• All American
« Reply #2884 on: June 13, 2021, 08:02:18 AM »
That's my guess too. They will announce some bs agreement so everyone saves face and go on from there.

IMO at best Rodgers has one more year in a Packer uniform.  I think the Packers are going to sell reasonably high.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2885 on: June 13, 2021, 08:51:11 AM »
One of my old stock market friends, a guy named Doug Kass, always told me "Never be ashamed to ring the register"
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2886 on: June 13, 2021, 12:11:01 PM »

You make a great point. When someone from A. A. Ron’s inner circle speaks, it carries almost the same weight as when Rodgers speaks. These guys have Rodgers’ trust and they aren’t going to jeopardize that by speaking out of turn.

I haven’t seen Jones’ remarks, but if he said Rodgers will be at TC, I’d bank on it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2887 on: June 13, 2021, 12:55:26 PM »
The time to trade Rodgers ideally was on draft night. They’d have gotten 90 cents on the dollar then, trading him between now and the in season trade deadline would fetch probably 75 cents on the dollar. After the season, probably 85 cents.

Biggest eff you Rodgers can give the Packers is to show up the Wednesday of Week 1 or anytime there after.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2888 on: June 13, 2021, 01:16:07 PM »
The time to trade Rodgers ideally was on draft night. They’d have gotten 90 cents on the dollar then, trading him between now and the in season trade deadline would fetch probably 75 cents on the dollar. After the season, probably 85 cents.

Biggest eff you Rodgers can give the Packers is to show up the Wednesday of Week 1 or anytime there after.
The Lions effectively used this tactic by trading Matt Stafford before the draft. Seem to have gotten a   good deal potentially very good if Jarrod Goff turns out to be a quality starter.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2889 on: June 13, 2021, 01:39:09 PM »

It not only wasn’t ideal to trade him during the draft, it would have been insane to do it then or anytime pre June 2 - an almost 40 million salary cap hit and dead money the rest of the league year. 

• All American
« Reply #2890 on: June 13, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
It not only wasn’t ideal to trade him during the draft, it would have been insane to do it then or anytime pre June 2 - an almost 40 million salary cap hit and dead money the rest of the league year. 

Right. But absent that dish is right. But it is completely understandable why they don’t trade him now versus after the season.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #2891 on: June 14, 2021, 06:17:54 AM »
12 is playing both sides of the fence.  His agent is leaking to the media and he’s leaking to his friends (Jones, Kuhn).  He is many things but stupid isn’t one of them.  By having Jones “speak” for him, he can have his agent do the dirty work in spilling to the media his desire to get out and pressure the Packers.  That isn’t working at the moment so he can still save face and show up at some point and say something along the lines of “fake news” and half the fan base will eat it up since they blame the media when they clog their toilets.  He wants out.  It’s isn’t working so far and he’s covering all angles.
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2892 on: June 14, 2021, 07:24:20 AM »
12 is playing both sides of the fence.  His agent is leaking to the media and he’s leaking to his friends (Jones, Kuhn).  He is many things but stupid isn’t one of them.  By having Jones “speak” for him, he can have his agent do the dirty work in spilling to the media his desire to get out and pressure the Packers.  That isn’t working at the moment so he can still save face and show up at some point and say something along the lines of “fake news” and half the fan base will eat it up since they blame the media when they clog their toilets.  He wants out.  It’s isn’t working so far and he’s covering all angles.

Spoken like a member of the Scoop media. You're the reason Rodgers is leaving. Or not leaving.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2893 on: June 15, 2021, 07:28:19 AM »
No laughing matter: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has tried out for the Panthers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2894 on: June 15, 2021, 07:32:59 AM »
Just a smoe, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2895 on: June 15, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
Just a smoe, aina?

If Khris Middleton is "just a smoe" for the Bucks, then Ha Ha is nowhere close to being "not even worthy of smoe status," nu?

Oh, and BTW, the word is "schmoe."

As in: "Only a schmoe would try to act clever by using another language without knowing how to spell the words he uses."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:26:56 AM by MU82 »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2896 on: June 15, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »
If Khris Middleton is "just a smoe" for the Bucks, then Ha Ha is nowhere close to being "not even worthy of smoe status," nu?

Oh, and BTW, the word is "schmoe."

As in: "Only a schmoe would try to act clever by using another language without knowing how to spell the words he uses."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2897 on: June 17, 2021, 01:45:11 PM »
Hey Bears fans ...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2898 on: June 17, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »
With all the other stuff going on, I’m convinced by the end of this decade the Bears will be playing at a new stadium at Arlington Park.

Yup...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2899 on: June 17, 2021, 02:25:23 PM »
The Chicago vs Suburbs Civil War is at Gettysburg level already, and this news just broke like 45 minutes ago.

feedback