[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 253831 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #1600 on: January 17, 2021, 09:14:36 PM »
This is why as a Packer fan I wanted to play the Saints.

Agreed...but Brady looked pretty mortal tonight too. I like the Pack's chances.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1601 on: January 17, 2021, 09:19:44 PM »
Brees obviously had a great career, but he is not even in the same universe as Brady.

I'd be stunned if the Packers don't win next week.

Chiefs with Mahomes edge the Bills in a thriller. Chiefs without Mahomes lose.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:53:57 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1602 on: January 18, 2021, 06:24:29 AM »

Agreed...but Brady looked pretty mortal tonight too. I like the Pack's chances.

I agree.  Especially if the weather forecast holds out with cold and snow on Sunday.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1603 on: January 18, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
Gutsy f’in call

Incredibly gutsy, really. I mean, even if Reid had Mahomes, it would have been gutsy. The fact that Reid had a little-used retread whose end-zone interception kept KC from scoring on the previous possession ... wow, what guts.

I wouldn't be surprised if analytics said going for it there was the right move ... but had that pass fallen incomplete, it would have turned the ball over to Cleveland in KC territory with a minute to play. Had the Browns won, Reid would have been ripped for that decision for the rest of his career - just as Pete Carrol and his OC are still being ripped for the end-zone pass that got intercepted in the Super Bowl.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1604 on: January 18, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
Brees obviously had a great career, but he is not even in the same universe as Brady.

I'd be stunned if the Packers don't win next week.

Chiefs with Mahomes edge the Bills in a thriller. Chiefs without Mahomes lose.

Definitely more worried about Brady than I was about Brees. Brady is capable of being a game manager... Brees clearly no longer is.

All of that said, it took 3 turnovers to produce 21 Tampa points and another one to seal it. One of those was on Tampa's side of the field (it was on the 48). Rodgers was killed by uncharacteristic turnovers that changed the early complexion of the first matchup.

Don't turn the ball over and I think GB wins

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1605 on: January 18, 2021, 11:54:30 AM »
Definitely more worried about Brady than I was about Brees. Brady is capable of being a game manager... Brees clearly no longer is.

All of that said, it took 3 turnovers to produce 21 Tampa points and another one to seal it. One of those was on Tampa's side of the field (it was on the 48). Rodgers was killed by uncharacteristic turnovers that changed the early complexion of the first matchup.

Don't turn the ball over and I think GB wins

That’s what I was telling a friend last night. People were falling all over Brady after the game.  He was fine, but he had less than 200 yards, barely had a 50% completion percentage and only orchestrated one substantial scoring drive. Otherwise a very opportunistic Bucs defense really changed the game. If GB pressures Brady (he’s seemed pretty uncomfortable in the pocket all year) and takes care of the ball, feels like they will cruise

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1606 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »
Lol they’ve already changed Mahomes’ injury to a “tweaked neck nerve”. He never got a concussion.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1607 on: January 18, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
Lol they’ve already changed Mahomes’ injury to a “tweaked neck nerve”. He never got a concussion.

It’s not the league or team that determines if something is a concussion. Its an independent medical professional.

Let the conspiracy theories begin.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1608 on: January 18, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
Nowhere in what I said about Brady was I claiming that Brady is still a great QB. He most definitely is not. There are several QBs I'd take ahead of him. Rodgers is so much better than Brady at this point that it's not a fair fight.

I said, "Brees obviously had a great career, but he is not even in the same universe as Brady."

Brees has produced one championship despite being on a lot of talented and well-coached teams. And he has been on the wrong end of a lot of playoff disappointment, some beyond his control but some he certainly had a part in.

In addition to all that regular-season winning, Brady has had an insane amount of postseason success, and he has engineered some incredible moments.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1609 on: January 18, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »

I said, "Brees obviously had a great career, but he is not even in the same universe as Brady."

I agree with this.

In terms of the basic mechanics - throwing the ball from point A to point B - Brees has been every bit as good as Brady. But in terms of calmly leading the team and making the right decisions at crucial times, Brady has always been light years ahead of Brees. Given that they have both declined physically in recent years, this difference is more noticeable now than ever.

Fortunately for us Packers fans, Rodgers is still excellent physically, and is at least in the same league as Brady in terms of leadership and decision making. All of which gives the Pack a definite edge Sunday.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1610 on: January 18, 2021, 01:29:00 PM »
Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL for a number of years, and, IMO, it hasn't been close. Especially when you consider the makeup of the roster around him.

Mahomes is good, but his weapons are better than the Pack.

Wilson is good, but ditto weapons.

Brady had worse weapons in NE, but better coaching staff. And I still don't believe Tom could win very many games on his own. Plus the NE defense was usually much better than GB.

Brees has always had weapons in NO and generally better defenses.

Maybe Manning in his prime at Indy is the last true competition to Rodgers?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1611 on: January 18, 2021, 02:10:57 PM »
If GB pressures Brady (he’s seemed pretty uncomfortable in the pocket all year) and takes care of the ball, feels like they will cruise

That's what worries me... GB's pass rush isn't very good.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL for a number of years, and, IMO, it hasn't been close. Especially when you consider the makeup of the roster around him.

Mahomes is good, but his weapons are better than the Pack.

You are insanely underselling Mahomes.  Maybe a younger Rodgers, but Mahomes makes some absolutely preposterous plays that nobody, even Rodgers, is making right now.  And I’m on record saying I think Rodgers is the best to ever play the position.

Also, Rodgers has Jones, who is better than every RB KC has had since Hunt was waived. Also Davante Adams is as good as Hill.  Yes Mahomes has Kelce, but the rest of his WRs are speedy guys who are made useful by the scheme. Hardman and Robinson wouldn’t go set the world on fire elsewhere.  Mahomes has a slight talent edge, but that’s certainly not the reason he’s thought of as better to Rodgers right now, that’s just silly

• All American
« Reply #1613 on: January 18, 2021, 02:15:42 PM »
Rodgers once had a stable of receivers that were the envy of the league in Driver, Jennings and Nelson.  And Jones, Finley and Cobb weren't stiffs either.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: January 18, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »
Rodgers once had a stable of receivers that were the envy of the league in Driver, Jennings and Nelson.  And Jones, Finley and Cobb weren't stiffs either.

It’s a knee-jerk Packers fandom response to always protect the QB, whether 4 or 12.  Rodgers has had plenty of weapons and good offensive lines while in GB.
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1615 on: January 18, 2021, 02:24:20 PM »
You are insanely underselling Mahomes.  Maybe a younger Rodgers, but Mahomes makes some absolutely preposterous plays that nobody, even Rodgers, is making right now.  And I’m on record saying I think Rodgers is the best to ever play the position.

Also, Rodgers has Jones, who is better than every RB KC has had since Hunt was waived. Also Davante Adams is as good as Hill.  Yes Mahomes has Kelce, but the rest of his WRs are speedy guys who are made useful by the scheme. Hardman and Robinson wouldn’t go set the world on fire elsewhere.  Mahomes has a slight talent edge, but that’s certainly not the reason he’s thought of as better to Rodgers right now, that’s just silly

Saying Davante Adams is as good as Hill is absurd.  Davante is the best WR in the NFL.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1616 on: January 18, 2021, 02:38:55 PM »

Where do you see that? I’m seeing he’s still in the concussion protocol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1617 on: January 18, 2021, 02:51:37 PM »
Saying Davante Adams is as good as Hill is absurd.  Davante is the best WR in the NFL.

I was trying to be conservative to not completely derail that argument, cause it made it seem like Rodgers was throwing to bums and Mahomes had all the weapons.  Adams is a way better WR, Hill is just insanely fast.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1619 on: January 18, 2021, 02:58:12 PM »
I am loving the video of Brees and Brady post game, with Brady throwing a pass to Brees' kids.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1620 on: January 18, 2021, 03:19:07 PM »
I am loving the video of Brees and Brady post game, with Brady throwing a pass to Brees' kids.

The look back as Brees heads into the tunnel gets me every time.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: January 18, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
I’m not a doctor but it didn’t appear that Mahomes was really hit in the head on the play he was injured. It looked more like a neck injury to me.

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1623 on: January 18, 2021, 05:08:16 PM »
Are the Packers really only -3.5?

I haven’t bet on an NFL game in a long time, but that is soooo tempting.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1624 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:36 PM »
I’m not a doctor but it didn’t appear that Mahomes was really hit in the head on the play he was injured. It looked more like a neck injury to me.

Agreed. I kept watching to see where the concussion could have occurred. It wasn’t anything like Lamar Jackson. But his actions upon getting up screamed “concussion.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30736432/patrick-mahomes-nfl-concussion-protocol-needs-happen-chiefs-star-play-bills
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”