[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Minneapolis Rioting/Looting August 26  (Read 5069 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Minneapolis Rioting/Looting August 26
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Like all evil people who have the temerity to disagree with Scoop's resident High School Dunk King, I am strongly in favor of Black people looting and burning businesses.

More looting! More burning of businesses! Yes!

Very disappointed the OP didn't mention "rioting," "antifa," "BLM," "Marxism," "anarchy," Soros or Obama, though. He must have been distracted thinking about how much better Magic Dawson was than Andrew Rowsey.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »
Mob mentality has been around forever.    How did Jesus end up crucified when Pilate offered to free him?      The mob is stupid.    Witness all of the parties on college campuses in the time of COVID.    Witness the parties on boats in lakes with people urinating, defecating, littering and spreading COVID in these pristine bodies of water.     Look at Emmett Till.   Salem witches.   So, yep, a unruly, multi-ethnic mob did some really stupid, destructive stuff.  They aren't the first.    They won't be the last.    Thank goodness there wasn't a 17 year old with an AR-15 there.   

Maybe it is time to listen?    And hear.   And try to imagine yourself in the generic 'other's' shoes.     What are the underlying reasons, circumstances, history, that makes it so easy for a mob to believe the worst?    Also, maybe it is time to differentiate in your head and heart between protesters and looters.     Instead of lumping everyone together under the heading 'Black.'     Because, honestly, inadequate thinking like that mixed with a heart without compassion is a large contributing factor in how we got here.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2020, 12:34:24 PM »
Mob mentality has been around forever.    How did Jesus end up crucified when Pilate offered to free him?      The mob is stupid.    Witness all of the parties on college campuses in the time of COVID.    Witness the parties on boats in lakes with people urinating, defecating, littering and spreading COVID in these pristine bodies of water.     Look at Emmett Till.   Salem witches.   So, yep, a unruly, multi-ethnic mob did some really stupid, destructive stuff.  They aren't the first.    They won't be the last.    Thank goodness there wasn't a 17 year old with an AR-15 there.   

Maybe it is time to listen?    And hear.   And try to imagine yourself in the generic 'other's' shoes.     What are the underlying reasons, circumstances, history, that makes it so easy for a mob to believe the worst?    Also, maybe it is time to differentiate in your head and heart between protesters and looters.     Instead of lumping everyone together under the heading 'Black.'     Because, honestly, inadequate thinking like that mixed with a heart without compassion is a large contributing factor in how we got here.

Is this the part where I break out the Men in Black quote again?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »
When is it NOT time for a Men in Black quote?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »
+1

Additionally, this is showing that the police's lack of transparency in shootings is starting to wear on the community. Where there's a lack of information, people jump to conclusions. Tensions are high enough right now that it's leading directly to violence in our cities.

I'm +1ing the prior comments from Galway as well. I wanted to ask you/others though, do you really think that recurring press conferences & "police transparency" would in any way have alleviated this or similar incidents? My understanding of how this event occurred was that it was entirely driven by social media & the spread of disinformation. These are people that aren't watching the news at all - the only "news" reaching them is the most of extreme of the extreme. And/or fake stuff.

Those involved just for the looting, which is surely a subset, only looking for an excuse of course.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
There could be a whole thread on social media disinformation and whether or not it is productive for society.  Fascinating and not a US only problem.

People have been killed in India because of this issue.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
I just hope Q-Anon can dispatch its vigilantes to Comet Ping Pong pizza again, because word on the interwebs is that Hillary is gearing up her child sex-slave scheme out of there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 01:16:50 PM »
Yes.   Social media has become the mob.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »
This is going to be the first time I have EVER questioned the mods on Scoop

The first time?!?  Try to catch up man! 

Why do we allow XXX to post racist stuff? 
Well, in some ways, as long as is isn't hate speech, I think we should let people "hang themselves" with their own words.  Other times, people don't know the words they're using/how they come across, and need to be told as much by others. 

Why is Ners (specifically) still allowed here?
I donno, hes been perma-banned before.  I guess we're more forgiving than priests at confession.

Why are people (You, MU82, 4ever, rocket, etc) allowed to continue to get away with their political digs?
Sure, it's sorta "allowed", more like not always moderated.  Most here occasionally have good points to make, but you all need to try to keep specific politics out of it.

So, carry on.  But try to do so in a respectful way. We'll handle it when the respect is not displayed.  How about that?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »
So, carry on.  But try to do so in a respectful way. We'll handle it when the respect is not displayed.  How about that?

I hereby promise to continue to give this particular thread all the respect it deserves.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 01:33:14 PM »
I hereby promise to continue to give this particular thread all the respect it deserves.

If you all did that it would have have zero replies.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »
I'm +1ing the prior comments from Galway as well. I wanted to ask you/others though, do you really think that recurring press conferences & "police transparency" would in any way have alleviated this or similar incidents? My understanding of how this event occurred was that it was entirely driven by social media & the spread of disinformation. These are people that aren't watching the news at all - the only "news" reaching them is the most of extreme of the extreme. And/or fake stuff.

Those involved just for the looting, which is surely a subset, only looking for an excuse of course.

I'll +1 your response as well.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
The first time?!?  Try to catch up man! 

Why do we allow XXX to post racist stuff? 
Well, in some ways, as long as is isn't hate speech, I think we should let people "hang themselves" with their own words.  Other times, people don't know the words they're using/how they come across, and need to be told as much by others. 

Why is Ners (specifically) still allowed here?
I donno, hes been perma-banned before.  I guess we're more forgiving than priests at confession.

Why are people (You, MU82, 4ever, rocket, etc) allowed to continue to get away with their political digs?
Sure, it's sorta "allowed", more like not always moderated.  Most here occasionally have good points to make, but you all need to try to keep specific politics out of it.

Thanks for the response. As usual, an outstanding job of "moderating".

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »
If you all did that it would have have zero replies.
True
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »
In threads like these, there is plenty of name calling on both sides.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »

Also, very fine people.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »
Also, very fine people.

That’s funny

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2020, 08:13:31 PM »
Sounds like time for a group hug.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »

This is when we all need to remember the “sticks and stones” corollary. Unfortunately I feel like I’m back on the playground all too often. 

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2020, 09:51:46 PM »
You all are still doing better than the folks over at Dobbs's place - Somebody started a thread on BLM issues which Dobbs himself hijacked by posting that all of our problems would be solved if they would just lower taxes.

"Keep the politicians out of the mix....let the business owners keep their $$...."
DoddsOnSports

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
You all are still doing better than the folks over at Dobbs's place - Somebody started a thread on BLM issues which Dobbs himself hijacked by posting that all of our problems would be solved if they would just lower taxes.

"Keep the politicians out of the mix....let the business owners keep their $$...."
DoddsOnSports

Dodds Logic 101.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

DoddsOnSports

I'm thinking the dentist's office ransacked by the far left street gangs in Portland last night so they could get furniture to set fires would have a different opinion on that this morning.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback