[Today at 11:08:12 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:02:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How Is Louisville Unranked?  (Read 2902 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
How Is Louisville Unranked?
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
They've looked damn good each time they've spanked us.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
Re: How Is Louisville Unranked?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

Totally agree. they have a very good team.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »

Totally agree. they have a very good team.

Because of their 6 losses, but almost all of those came early when they were hurt.  Right now, they are playing like the team picked to win the Big East pre-season by the coaches.  Amazing that Cincinnati beat that team at Louisville.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »
Maybe spanking us is not that big of a deal.  Another embarrassing loss on national tv at home to a team with an RPI over 50.  I'd say we are a team with no defined idea of how we want to play or what our style of play is and no plan to execute.  I feel bad for our players.

lovebaroney

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
Consider the competition.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:42 PM »
correction, RPI of 37 pre game.  My bad.  Still......

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »
Crean may get to the point where he tells Fitz and Cubes he's had enough (it appeared he reached that point tonight with Fitz). Neither brings anything to the table, though Cubes thinks he's God's gift to the game. Play Christopherson the rest of the season and see what he's got.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »
Maybe spanking us is not that big of a deal.  Another embarrassing loss on national tv at home to a team with an RPI over 50.  I'd say we are a team with no defined idea of how we want to play or what our style of play is and no plan to execute.  I feel bad for our players.

I don't feel bad for our players...it's the same players and coaches that went in and beat the #7 team in the land and lost to Duke (currently #3) by 4 points.  They win together and they lose together.  They knew how to do it a few weeks ago, but obviously they aren't doing "it" now.

By the way, Louisville is 37th in the RPI before the game started...we haven't had a loss to an over 50 RPI team all year so not sure what you mean by your comment.

We've lost to RPI #4 Duke, RPI #15 UCONN, RPI #37 Louisville (twice), RPI #41 WVU

Virginia Warrior 77

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
Is Louisville's defense that good, or does Pitino just own Crean?  Ville's D was definitely impressive tonite.  Let's see if we can bounce back at ND.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
Chico's, please see my correction which was posted earlier.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
Crean may get to the point where he tells Fitz and Cubes he's had enough (it appeared he reached that point tonight with Fitz). Neither brings anything to the table, though Cubes thinks he's God's gift to the game. Play Christopherson the rest of the season and see what he's got.

could not agree more, we need someone to consisently hit 3's.  Scott i think is the best chance of that happening

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Maybe a better question is how are we still ranked so high?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »
Is Louisville's defense that good, or does Pitino just own Crean?  Ville's D was definitely impressive tonite.  Let's see if we can bounce back at ND.

Well, if he "owns Crean" its on a lease to own.  Pitino is now 7-6 lifetime against Crean after tonight's win.

Virginia Warrior 77

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 08:35:10 PM »

Well, if he "owns Crean" its on a lease to own.  Pitino is now 7-6 lifetime against Crean after tonight's win.

Good point - let's see if Crean can even it up at 7-7 in the BET.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 08:41:43 PM »

could not agree more, we need someone to consisently hit 3's.  Scott i think is the best chance of that happening

Against a team like Louisville, whatever Christopherson gets on offense, he'll give back threefold on D. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 08:43:57 PM »

Against a team like Louisville, whatever Christopherson gets on offense, he'll give back threefold on D. 

Unfortunately, yes. Sans injury he could be up to speed. A redshirt would have been great. But too much risk in that.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
Maybe spanking us is not that big of a deal.  Another embarrassing loss on national tv at home to a team with an RPI over 50.  I'd say we are a team with no defined idea of how we want to play or what our style of play is and no plan to execute.  I feel bad for our players.

I don't feel bad for our players...it's the same players and coaches that went in and beat the #7 team in the land and lost to Duke (currently #3) by 4 points.  They win together and they lose together.  They knew how to do it a few weeks ago, but obviously they aren't doing "it" now.

By the way, Louisville is 37th in the RPI before the game started...we haven't had a loss to an over 50 RPI team all year so not sure what you mean by your comment.

We've lost to RPI #4 Duke, RPI #15 UCONN, RPI #37 Louisville (twice), RPI #41 WVU

So, pretty much outside of beating Wisconsin, the better teams have beaten us. If we want to compete at this level, we need to win some. Better yet, how about stay in the game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »
Actually we're 2-4 against teams in the top 50.  I don't disagree with you at all....plenty more opportunities coming up.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:00:40 PM »

Pitino & UL have won 6 of the last 7 against us...
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 09:09:43 PM »
Remember when TC had a ridiculous (good) record against Pitino?