collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone do I.F.?  (Read 9255 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Anyone do I.F.?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »
If you are loading up on carbs, then you burn carbs. You want to burn fat instead.

Source please.

I want to learn more about selective targeting of different macros for catabolism.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2020, 04:30:30 PM »
Source please.

I want to learn more about selective targeting of different macros for catabolism.

You can google “learning how to use google” and then follow their directions on the subject you want information on.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 06:53:02 PM »
You can google “learning how to use google” and then follow their directions on the subject you want information on.

Lol. Thanks. I come to this community for friendly help like this. Glad we can all share information freely to help educate.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:55:22 PM by jesmu84 »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »
Source please.

I'll play ball and answer you with seriousness because I *think* Jockey is sort of conflating a few things.

When someone says "burn fat for energy" I think colloquially they mean adipose tissue, i.e., the fat you want to lose, rather than fatty acids in the diet, but realistically your body is going to use dietary energy before stored energy, all things being equal. Therefore, a statement like "If you are loading up on carbs, then you burn carbs. You want to burn fat instead." is probably at best kind of imprecise.

But who knows, maybe google does have something to say about targeted catabolism.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »
I'll play ball and answer you with seriousness because I *think* Jockey is sort of conflating a few things.

When someone says "burn fat for energy" I think colloquially they mean adipose tissue, i.e., the fat you want to lose, rather than fatty acids in the diet, but realistically your body is going to use dietary energy before stored energy, all things being equal. Therefore, a statement like "If you are loading up on carbs, then you burn carbs. You want to burn fat instead." is probably at best kind of imprecise.

But who knows, maybe google does have something to say about targeted catabolism.

It doesn't. Because targeted catabolism doesn't exist.

feedback