[Today at 05:23:29 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Boomers and cognitive decline  (Read 951 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Boomers and cognitive decline
« on: August 03, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/i2vioj/baby_boomers_show_concerning_decline_in_cognitive/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

“But what was most surprising to me is that this decline is seen in all groups: men and women, across all races and ethnicities and across all education, income and wealth levels.”

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Boomers and cognitive decline
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/i2vioj/baby_boomers_show_concerning_decline_in_cognitive/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

“But what was most surprising to me is that this decline is seen in all groups: men and women, across all races and ethnicities and across all education, income and wealth levels.”

Turns out slothfulness really is a sin you pay for.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Boomers and cognitive decline
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »
Turns out slothfulness really is a sin you pay for.

Anecdotally, it's stunning to see how obesity/sloth has prematurely aged some of my relatives compared to those that are the same age that have kept active. The amount of time they spend hospitals with joint issues and other more serious things is significantly higher, attributable directly to their diet and lifestyle. It's not just cognitive decline, it's the whole body that starts failing. It's a whole section of that generation that sits around watching cable news all day. And they're the ones that believe in conspiracy theories super easily too.

It's hard for me to imagine being so lacking in drive that you aren't consumed with hobbies all day. Like, posting on message boards for example... crap.

feedback