collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Portland Protests  (Read 1541 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Portland Protests
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:17:05 PM »
You may know it, but the average Joe needs to be beaten over the head with it.  Weekly.  Or they forget.  This is why the 'smart' Democrats lose ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Call a presser on Friday, and announce the statewide mask mandate.  Let the GOP fight it.  This is a much NARROWER mandate.  Which is exactly what the SC said would have to happen.  He isn't shutting down anything for an emergency.  This is a separate issue, and if the GOP wants to fight it, you let them.  And then when they do, you announce it every week at your Friday press conference. 

Again, this is why I see Tony Evers and his admin as a bunch of feckless cowards.  He's the captain of this rudderless ship and he will be blamed by voters.  Mark my words.

Politics isn't won or lost in a court of law, but in a court of opinion.  You SHOW the public that you tried.  And that you tried EVERY WEEK.

Maybe he should call out the national guard to gas the Supreme Court. That’d show ‘em!

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Portland Protests
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 09:24:21 PM »
Maybe he should call out the national guard to gas the Supreme Court. That’d show ‘em!

Just call them 'instigators'!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »
Just call them 'instigators'!

Just saw one of the Portland “Moms” (also a BLM spokesperson) at the mic at a rally there calling for “the abolition of the U.S. as we know it”. But I’m sure she’s from the “organization”, not the “movement” so no worries.

OK, that came out more snarky than intended - but let’s be honest. There are plenty of real instigators out there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:09:42 PM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 09:44:11 PM »
I love how triggered people who claim they think all lives matter get when someone mentioned that black lives matter.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 12:57:42 AM »
Trump is insisting that suspension of SS and Medicare taxes Be part of the next stimulus.

As I have said here numerous times, cruelty IS the point.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 05:16:20 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 05:47:36 AM »
Just saw one of the Portland “Moms” (also a BLM spokesperson) at the mic at a rally there calling for “the abolition of the U.S. as we know it”. But I’m sure she’s from the “organization”, not the “movement” so no worries.

OK, that came out more snarky than intended - but let’s be honest. There are plenty of real instigators out there.

Take your political/BLM arguments somewhere else.  Completely off topic. 

Same with all those who responded (which includes Lenny)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:11:41 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 07:26:42 AM »

Simply expressing that view and marching in support of it isn't a sign of instigation - at least of the type that we are talking about here.  Both actions are well within her rights.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 07:33:12 AM »

Lenny, federal troops just gassed the mayor of her city.     I do not agree with her sentiment, but people say stupid stuff when they are pissed.      And we are both off topic.    My apologies.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 08:29:11 AM »
Lenny, federal troops just gassed the mayor of her city.     I do not agree with her sentiment, but people say stupid stuff when they are pissed.      And we are both off topic.    My apologies.

He knew full well what was going to happen after they tried to set fire to the federal courthouse. 

This is all a predictable game that will lead to no serious policy reform.  Much like the rightful reaction to the Floyd murder, weeks long protests and painting of slogans on city streets by elected officials but when a serious policy package is out in front of them to vote on they can’t find it within themselves to take the vote.  Embarrassing really.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
Yeah - try to stay focused on covid.