[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Telegraph UK  (Read 1924 times)

Big Papi

• All American
The Telegraph UK
« on: July 18, 2020, 09:38:38 AM »
Is this newspaper a trustworthy paper?

Reason I ask is it seems like all the news coming from the U.S. only pronounce doom and gloom news.  I have been noticing that the few articles I read that are positive all come from the The Telegraph out of UK.  Like a study by Oxford University on saying there is potential herd immunity in the UK to prevent a second wave and that they have identified 6 types of COVID-19 that would help the healthcare system identify early on who is going to have severe issues thus providing and targeting the appropriate care.  To me it seems there is less of bias on reporting but wanted to know if this newspaper is reliable or more like The Enquirer which seems like most of the news media has turned into over the years.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: The Telegraph UK
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 11:54:01 AM »
Is this newspaper a trustworthy paper?

Reason I ask is it seems like all the news coming from the U.S. only pronounce doom and gloom news.  I have been noticing that the few articles I read that are positive all come from the The Telegraph out of UK.  Like a study by Oxford University on saying there is potential herd immunity in the UK to prevent a second wave and that they have identified 6 types of COVID-19 that would help the healthcare system identify early on who is going to have severe issues thus providing and targeting the appropriate care.  To me it seems there is less of bias on reporting but wanted to know if this newspaper is reliable or more like The Enquirer which seems like most of the news media has turned into over the years.

To me, the Telegraph is one of the strangest mixed bags out there. Some of their articles can be good and factual, where others reek of tabloid sensationalism. I would definitely put it well above the Enquirer, but miles below the AP and BBC, and even a far stretch behind NYT, WaPo and the like.

I would never take anything there too seriously unless you can verify it in one of the above sources or something similar.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 12:13:20 PM »

To me, the Telegraph is one of the strangest mixed bags out there. Some of their articles can be good and factual, where others reek of tabloid sensationalism. I would definitely put it well above the Enquirer, but miles below the AP and BBC, and even a far stretch behind NYT, WaPo and the like.

I would never take anything there too seriously unless you can verify it in one of the above sources or something similar.
Agreed. It isn't the worst one (The Sun), but it isn't The Guardian either. Weirdly mixed.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 12:51:18 PM »
Sounds like the NY Post

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 04:50:42 PM »
Sounds like the NY Post

Outside of the sports page, what ever was printed in the Post that was "good and factual" ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:14:55 PM by Mutaman »

feedback