collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jamil Lott update- Link to donate  (Read 1369 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Jamil Lott update- Link to donate
« on: June 04, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »
Hadn't seen anything posted here, but Jamil and his wife started a therapy clinic in the Twin Cities, and their building was set on fire during the protests. If/when they provide a link to help, I'll post here. For now, here is some info I saw on Facebook from Jamil-

"Currently, we are donating many free therapy sessions and want to continue do so on a larger scale to get around the influence of insurance companies and circumvent financial obstacles. We are in expansion mode and have yet to establish an effective mechanism for collecting donations. However, if you and others would like to contribute to our efforts you can donate to:
PayPal: Jamil.lott@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your consideration and thoughtfulness."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10116073335234280&set=a.10101840199467450&type=3&theater
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:01:36 PM by MUfan12 »

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Jamil Lott update
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 09:09:48 PM »
That’s a few blocks from my office.

I will make a point to stop over tomorrow.

Warriors forever 

Seward strong.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Jamil Lott update
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »
As has been expressed, one of the unfortunate side effects of the rioting and looting(not only this time, but most of the time)is much of it is happening in the African-American communities.  This in turn hurts AA business owners n their employees.  Very unfortunate.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Jamil Lott update- Link to donate
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:03:44 PM »
UPDATE- A GofundMe has been set up... let's show some love to an alum doing some important work- https://gf.me/u/x65w6g

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Just went over to his building.  WOW, a real disaster.  Water and smoke damage.  Only one tenant around.  If his space is like the one I saw, it's not good.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:15:11 PM by real chili 83 »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
Unfortunate.  The community impacts with these actions is salt in the wounds.  An African American elderly woman on video a few days ago chastising looters that impacted her living and her employees.  Heart breaking. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato