[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Job status  (Read 28447 times)

jfmu

• Starter
Re: Job status
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2020, 08:46:29 PM »
Have you past a 5 year milestone (25, 30, 35) since then? Because premiums go up with age of course you pay more. Am I missing something?

I have been self employed for 20 years and my premiums are 4 times what they were 20 years ago.

At the time of the change it would have been age 23 vs 24 so the answer is no.

I’m not sure how you had a different experience with this bc everyone else in my same peer group experienced the same increase.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
At the time of the change it would have been age 23 vs 24 so the answer is no.

I’m not sure how you had a different experience with this bc everyone else in my same peer group experienced the same increase.

Okay given your age this makes sense. Thanks.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
My company is now officially work from home (except when field work is necessary) until 2021.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »
My company is now officially work from home (except when field work is necessary) until 2021.

Our bank is the same.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
My company .. really hasn't done anything official.   There's a skeleton crew shipping in the warehouse, everyone else is indefinitely WFH.   

I'm guessing I never go back more than occasionally.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2020, 09:06:57 AM »
My company just announced a big culling today. I've been through sales layoffs at Groupon and Stericycle years ago but damn when you enjoy what you do and don't have a job that you can replace in a week it's considerably more nerve racking.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
My company just announced a big culling today. I've been through sales layoffs at Groupon and Stericycle years ago but damn when you enjoy what you do and don't have a job that you can replace in a week it's considerably more nerve racking.

Sorry to hear it, best of luck.

This will be the story of the fall/winter with the lack of stimulus from congress. We have a very weak economy right now, so staffing down is the only way to mitigate risk as a business owner.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2020, 07:12:58 PM »
Just wondering how many people are back in the office and how many people are still work from home.

I will be work at home until at least June 2021 now and I'm guessing it will be longer than that.  I miss interacting with people in the office but am happy to still have a job.  I also appreciate the flexibility working from home offers (was really nice when both my kids' schools switched to virtual for a couple weeks in November) and am happy to not be around a ton of people in an office right now - still  worried about Covid spread.  It will sure be weird to go back in the office eventually though as I will have worked at home for well over a year before I return to the office - let's see if I can still remember my code to get into the building by then :).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2020, 07:14:21 PM »
I go back to work Friday.     Wife is working from home, but once she has her energy and stamina back, she will probably go back into the office.    Probably the week of 12/14.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2020, 07:26:02 PM »
Just wondering how many people are back in the office and how many people are still work from home.

I will be work at home until at least June 2021 now and I'm guessing it will be longer than that.  I miss interacting with people in the office but am happy to still have a job.  I also appreciate the flexibility working from home offers (was really nice when both my kids' schools switched to virtual for a couple weeks in November) and am happy to not be around a ton of people in an office right now - still  worried about Covid spread.  It will sure be weird to go back in the office eventually though as I will have worked at home for well over a year before I return to the office - let's see if I can still remember my code to get into the building by then :).

I spent most of the fall semester in the office.  Back home now until at least February 1.

I don't like working from home for the most part.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
Just don't pull a Jeffrey Toobin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »
I use traffic as a gauge of how many have returned to the office. I'd say right now, traffic levels are back to over 90% of pre-COVID levels.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2020, 07:51:04 PM »
I won’t be back in for the foreseeable future. Even then, it will probably be a hybrid.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »

Our department is WFH indefinitely, with talk that people won’t go back on a regular basis until after they get vaccinated. Even when people can go back, my sense is that many will be able to WFH permanently.

And my daughter just told me her office is WFH until at least March 31.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »
We'll now have ~5 people in an office that formerly had 120 .. About 50 are working from home, the rest laid off.   Our lease is up in 1.5 years.

I can very much imagine that we'll shrink to a very small office with a few conference rooms, and all but a handful will work from home.

We had another office in the Chicago area .. it was remodeled a year ago, beautiful cubes, desks, conference rooms, everything top notch.   Now all are working from home, the place is abandoned.  High possibility they'll never go back to that office.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »
I’ve heard 30-50% reduction in office space is reasonable for a company. 

Personally I don’t think I will work a full week in the ‘office’ for the rest of my career. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2020, 08:59:53 PM »
I’ve heard 30-50% reduction in office space is reasonable for a company. 

Personally I don’t think I will work a full week in the ‘office’ for the rest of my career.

Yeah I'm kind of figuring on only returning to the office for maybe 1-2 days a week and working from home most of the time still even when they decide to let people back into the office.  I think a lot is going to be left up to managers and I think in my area we're all very productive working from home and I have a manager who supports that.

And this all reminds me I changed jobs in May internally while working from home and my desk is still in my old area so one of the first things I'll have to do when/if I go back to the office is move :).

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »
I’ve been in the office regularly since the summer. I really prefer it. The ideal “new” would be a more condensed day, in the office say 10-4, with calls/emails from home on each side. Would suit me as I do a lot of international touch base when I wake up. I would rather be in the office every day than WFH.

My GF works for commercial real estate fund/firm and has been WFH since May. They were eying a Jan 1 restart in the office in NYC, but given happenings there, they are back 4/1 at the earliest. My youngest sister works for a SEM/digital marketing firm also in NYC. They are indefinitely WFH and likely won’t make a call until next summer.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2020, 09:26:25 PM »
Our season wrapped up last week and I moved my office home probably until April. Probably go in once a week for printing and pick up all the packages I send to the office.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2020, 05:22:15 AM »
Been going to the office every day since pandemic began.  Small company and I don't really have a choice since we've asked factory workers to come in the whole time.  I figured not a good look.  Plus I have other duties besides sales that is just way easier to address in the office.
Only our sole finance person has been doing 1-3 days WFH since pandemic began.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2020, 05:51:10 AM »
WFH since 3/13, in tech sales so really can be done from anywhere.  I think our bosses want folks to be back in the office at least 1x-2x a week after vaccinations are widespread.  About a 1/4 of the company has relocated to different states and leadership has been fine with it, but I think they are trying to clamp down on it since having employees working from 10 different states is a PIA for finance.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2020, 06:34:16 AM »
Work from home since 2nd week of March. All travel suspended indefinitely.

My client has closed all four of their Regional offices (out of which I worked) so looks like I am permanently WFH.

US HQ for my company is in NY. They have re-opened office on a very limited basis but are not requiring any employees to return. It is purely voluntary. I don’t know a single person on team of about 80 that is going to office. Maybe by next summer.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »
Been at work since the start.  WFH isn't really feasible.  That's life.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
I've been in the office everyday since this started, owner doesn't allow us to WFH.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
Fortune 500 value added reseller for IT equipment. Some of the sales team has been back in the office. Im in analytics and was already three days at home before this so probably will be on the later end to return. They make the call whether to extend past the new year tomorrow.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback