[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sunlight kills virus quickly  (Read 8837 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Sunlight kills virus quickly
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Brazil has an incompetent right wing president at war with the governors of the providences in his country.    The governors are trying to do the right thing.     He is actively working against them.    So they have really gone the Sweden route and not really done anything to stop it.

And to add to this, my Brazilian friend and co-worker said the one and only reason anyone voted for him was he was going to clean up corruption in Brazil.  Brazilians are sick of corruption and if he made no strides towards it then he will be a goner.  Same friend says currently he's made no strides towards this promise and Brazilians are pissed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »
And to add to this, my Brazilian friend and co-worker said the one and only reason anyone voted for him was he was going to clean up corruption in Brazil.  Brazilians are sick of corruption and if he made no strides towards it then he will be a goner.  Same friend says currently he's made no strides towards this promise and Brazilians are pissed.
Drain the swamp, eh?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
New Northwestern University study on the potentials benefits of sunshine / Vitamin D and mortality rate of COVID 19

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/05/15/could-a-sunnier-summer-in-boston-reduce-coronavirus-mortality/
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »
New Northwestern University study on the potentials benefits of sunshine / Vitamin D and mortality rate of COVID 19

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/05/15/could-a-sunnier-summer-in-boston-reduce-coronavirus-mortality/

Vit D has been suspected to be important to fight against covid since feb

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »
Vit D has been suspected to be important to fight against covid since feb

I'm not sure why this isn't being broadcast / common knowledge.  Vit D is so cheap, I think my bottle was like $8 for 800 pills, so we're literally talking a penny each.

I've been nagging my family every day for 3 months, take this pill.   I was hoping the kids could learn how to swallow .. (they tried but quit like the quitters I've raised them to be.)

.. So the kids chew them and spit out the shell.  It tastes like .. nothing.  Like gel water.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Vitamin C, Vitamin D.    Simple immune boosters.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Vitamin C, Vitamin D.    Simple immune boosters.

Plus a very high amount of people are deficient in Vit D in general.  Especially from early autumn to late spring.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
I would urge caution about the "single vitamin" supplements, unless you have a known deficiency of the specific vitamin you are replacing. Often they contain megadoses (several times the RDA), and can actually cause some bad stuff. The most concerning are the fat-soluble ones (A, D, E and K), because it isn't as easy for your body to just pee out the excess. Specifically regarding Vitamin D, too much can cause hypercalcemia, which is not something you want to have.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypercalcemia/symptoms-causes/syc-20355523

The water soluble vitamins (B and C) are generally less of an overdose concern, because you usually just pee out the excess. Still, taking more than you need is kind of a waste for that very reason - it just ends up in the toilet.

In the absence of a specific, known vitamin deficiency, you are almost always better off just taking a good multivitamin supplement like One-A-Day or Centrum.

feedback