[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lost sense of smell - often first symptom  (Read 5581 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Lost sense of smell - often first symptom
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
So, what I can only assume is a post-COVID symptom, as I have never had anything like it before.    I cannot wear a wool scarf.    For the first time in my life, a wool scarf on my neck feels like it is filled with needles.    Maybe my skin is a little dryer post COVID,  I don't know.    I am chalking it up to COVID and hopeful it gets better as the winter progresses.

Interesting. I have seen case reports (see below) of skin hypersensitivity - including sensitivity to clothing - but most report it as a symptom during the active phase of the infection.

I'll be interested to hear how yours works out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7247510/

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »
So, what I can only assume is a post-COVID symptom, as I have never had anything like it before.    I cannot wear a wool scarf.    For the first time in my life, a wool scarf on my neck feels like it is filled with needles.    Maybe my skin is a little dryer post COVID,  I don't know.    I am chalking it up to COVID and hopeful it gets better as the winter progresses.   

Keep an eye out for Shingles. I had that pins-and-needles feeling once in my life before. It started as that feeling, turned into what looked like a spider bike, and then slowly but surely led to the most painful few weeks of my life. There have been reported cases of co-infection of Covid and Herpes Zoster: https://www.drugtopics.com/view/covid-19-and-herpes-zoster-co-infections-identified

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2020, 07:35:09 AM »
That's cheery.   But thanks for the tip.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2020, 11:21:14 AM »
I just turned down (delayed) the Shingles vaccine a few weeks ago at my physical.   My thought is that I want the COVID vaccine first, and the other one would interfere/overlap.

Fingers crossed I can make it a year.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2020, 01:02:39 PM »
I just turned down (delayed) the Shingles vaccine a few weeks ago at my physical.   My thought is that I want the COVID vaccine first, and the other one would interfere/overlap.

Fingers crossed I can make it a year.

If your physical was a few weeks ago, and your Covid vaccine is still a minimum of two or three months away, I doubt there would have been any interference.

Still, not a big deal, since the odds of getting shingles in the next year isn't that great.